Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugoos UT1 kernel that supports 1080p/24hz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos UT1 kernel that supports 1080p/24hz?

Hi,
    I was wondering if there is a Ugoos UT1 kernel that supports HDMI 1080p/24hz output? I flashed the new Finless 1.8 Minix X7 rom with one of the overclocked kernels, and it did have 24p support (in Screen - HDMI output). But i couldnt get ethernet or wifi to work. So i flashed Finless 1.8 rom with a Ugoos UT1 kernel (kernel_marvin_ut1_720p_cpu1800) and voila, ethernet working again but no more 24p option...

Does anyone know how to get the correct UT1 kernel that supports 24p? Thanks!

same exact problem

I have exactly the same rom with the same kernel and the same problem. this config runs smoothly though. I also have a problem with 3D Half SBS (side by side) movies. When i play them and enable 3d side by side on my tv the overlay isnt right, the two pictures are too far apart. when i try a 3d video player or the stock player on android to enable 3d it does not do anything with the picture. it still displays as side by side. Anybody got a fix on that?

Comment

Originally posted by stefjnl View Post
      Hi,
      I was wondering if there is a Ugoos UT1 kernel that supports HDMI 1080p/24hz output? I flashed the new Finless 1.8 Minix X7 rom with one of the overclocked kernels, and it did have 24p support (in Screen - HDMI output). But i couldnt get ethernet or wifi to work. So i flashed Finless 1.8 rom with a Ugoos UT1 kernel (kernel_marvin_ut1_720p_cpu1800) and voila, ethernet working again but no more 24p option...

Does anyone know how to get the correct UT1 kernel that supports 24p? Thanks!

i have added 1080p-24Hz in this kernel for ut1. COuld you please download and try?
      Please report results. Thanks!

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

hi wasser, thanks for the kernel. ive tested it and it does have 24p, but again no working ethernet unfortunately... a finless rom for for the minix x7 in combination with one of the o/c kernels (1080p/cpu1800) from marvin/pjanderson seems to have the best/stable results, but not 24p option. would it be possible to modify one of those kernels to support 24p?
        Last edited by stefjnl; 12-13-2013, 08:35.

Comment

hi wasser, thanks for the kernel. ive tested it and it does have 24p, but again no working ethernet unfortunately... a finless rom for for the minix x7 in combination with one of the o/c kernels (1080p/cpu1800) from marvin/pjanderson seems to have the best/stable results, but not 24p option. would it be possible to modify one of those kernels to support 24p?
          could you please do dmesg to get dmesg.log with me kernel and post it?

thanks

Comment

please try this new kernel again and let me know if wifi/ethernet works

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post

thanks
              hi wasser, will do that later today as im at work right now. do i do it with an app like Dmesg Log Viewer?

will that that new rom also later today, thanks for that.

Comment

dmesg with GetLog

thanks
                Both kernels do not work, ethernet is not working on DHCP or on static ip.
                WiFi does not work either, keeps looping in "optaining ip adress"
                Audio is still way off.

I've made this log with GetLog, i hope it is sufficient.
                Couldn't get it to pastebin since both wifi and ethernet don't work. ;-]
                anyway, here is the log:
                Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

And thank you for looking into it and taking the time to adjust the kernel!
                Btw, Audio sounds way off too.

Edit:
                This seems to be the only 1080p kernel working with the Finless.v1.8 rom.
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

But it doesn't have the 1080p 24hz option.
                And i have my doubts if it's a good idea to overclock the UT1 since it doesn't have a heatsink :-]
                Last edited by joker76; 12-13-2013, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by joker76 View Post
                  Both kernels do not work, ethernet is not working on DHCP or on static ip.
                  WiFi does not work either, keeps looping in "optaining ip adress"
                  Audio is still way off.

I've made this log with GetLog, i hope it is sufficient.
                  Couldn't get it to pastebin since both wifi and ethernet don't work. ;-]
                  anyway, here is the log:
                  Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

And thank you for looking into it and taking the time to adjust the kernel!
                  Btw, Audio sounds way off too.

Edit:
                  This seems to be the only 1080p kernel working with the Finless.v1.8 rom.
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

But it doesn't have the 1080p 24hz option.
                  And i have my doubts if it's a good idea to overclock the UT1 since it doesn't have a heatsink :-]
                  could you please posz dmesg.log?

i don't need logcat log

thanks

Comment

could you please posz dmesg.log?

i don't need logcat log

thanks
                    hi wasser, can you tell me how to get dmesg.log? ive installed Dmesg Log Viewer but even after a reboot the log remains empty...

*edit*

ive used GetLogs via xda-developers, they say it includes dmesg.log:

@joker76: sound works ok for me with this rom/kernel, make sure you select RK29_passthrough (bottom one) in sound devices manager
                    Last edited by stefjnl; 12-13-2013, 16:31.

Comment

dmesg.txt

Hi Wasser,
                      Here is the right log as u asked.

And thanks stefjnl, but it shows something is wrong with the drivers i think. :-)
                      (Running in RK29_RK1000 mode)

Comment

Hi Wasser,
                        hey joker, that log looks better yes. how did you get it? ill try to post mine as well then.

Comment

dmesg.txt

hey joker, that log looks better yes. how did you get it? ill try to post mine as well then.

Hi Stefjnl,

I prepared an usb stick with "android terminal emulator.apk" and "es explorer.apk" on my pc and then installed them on the ut1. after that i bassically followed this guide:

it was done in a flash

Comment

Hi Wasser,

And thanks stefjnl, but it shows something is wrong with the drivers i think. :-)
                            (Running in RK29_RK1000 mode)
                            i have taken a look at dmesg log, the mesg log just looks good for me. it's strange that wifi and ethernet doesn't work for you. Please check your wifi router and ethenet cable and try to disable and enble wifi/ethenet in
                            please don't enable wifi and ethernet at the same time.

Comment

dmesg.txt

i have taken a look at dmesg log, the mesg log just looks good for me. it's strange that wifi and ethernet doesn't work for you. Please check your wifi router and ethenet cable and try to disable and enble wifi/ethenet in
                              please don't enable wifi and ethernet at the same time.
                              I've done that before i posted my findings.
                              I even tried an static ip for ethernet, somehow android doesnt save the settings anymore.

As for wifi, i've tried everything it doesnt even connect with security settings off.

I will try to reflash the rom all over with the second kernel to see if that makes a difference.

That seemed to do the trick, both ethernet and wlan are working now!
                              Thanks, wasser! you are the best! :d
                              Last edited by joker76; 12-13-2013, 19:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X