Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] MK908 V5 - bluetooth mac-address changes after each reboot

Hi guys.

I have Tronsmart MK908 V5, finless 1.6a firmware, and I have seen oddities when working bluetooth. After every reboot bluetooth MAC-address changes, which leads to the fact that I can't automatically establish a connection with the previously paired devices. I use a stick in the car, in conjunction with a head unit Pioneer SPH-DA100 (it transmits touches of the screen coordinates via bluetooth to android, which then emulates clicking on the device), and such behavior makes bluetooth after every reboot conduct pair the devices again.
    I recorded the logs of the system at the moment when using Bluetooth - via catlog application, and recorded to a file log of the core work. Look please find possible cause of the problem:

kmsg: http://pastebin.com/DmJym0Mt
    catlog: http://pastebin.com/knmiKvGj

Or maybe I can update the driver for bluetooth? I'm really confused and do not know what to do. I really hope for help.
    Last edited by Sangreal; 12-18-2013, 09:46.

Only I have a problem with the ever-changing bluetooth address?

Comment

Originally posted by Sangreal View Post
      Only I have a problem with the ever-changing bluetooth address?
      i cant pair my devices after a reboot and ive got a mk908ii not checked if the mac address is changing but i think you may have discovered the reason for the flakey bluetooth. I will investigate further

Comment

Same issues and cannot find any solutions online. I wanted to test Bluetooth so I bought a Bluetooth air mouse a month ago and I have tested on the MK808b, the MK908 ver3 and ver5. I can connect and use on all 3 models but a soon as the unit is restarted the Bluetooth does not reconnect.

Comment

Any progress?

Comment

Yesterday I cleared NAND in MaskRom mode and re-flash the Finless 1.6a using boot, kernel & recovery from j05h1. The result is the same - Bluetooth MAC-address changes after every reboot.

Comment

Solved

Well, I hope that my problem with skipping MAC-address solved

We found sources of factory firmware of MK908 (developers-build, more than 3 GB). We change the source code of libbt library (/device/common/libbt/bt_vendor_brcm.c in dev-archive):
              We change the init-value of MAC-address:
              Code:
              uint8_t vnd_local_bd_addr[6]={0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00};
              to
              Code:
              uint8_t vnd_local_bd_addr[6]={0x10, 0x20, 0x30, 0x40, 0x50, 0x60};
              Then we remove the line:
              Code:
              memcpy(vnd_local_bd_addr, local_bdaddr, 6);
              After that we recompile this lib, gettin' file libbt-vendor.so & change the original lib at /etc/vendor/lib/, don't forget change the rights to 644.

I do not know why the developers did not add any functionality that would allow us to take the MAC-address of any file - may do so themselves.

Our lib you can download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsa9663y58...ibbt-vendor.so

Keep in mind - after replacing the original library, you can not change your MAC-address Bluetooth without recompilation. It will be equal to 10:20:30:40:50:60, and if your friend do the same thing - it will have the same MAC-address.

Comment

Interesting and good work!

Where did you get the sources?

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Sources found here: http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...p?f=410&t=2194
                  Direct link: http://swiftwp.com/open-source/mk908...2.2-SDK.tar.gz

Comment

Ah yes thanks.... I have downloaded that before. It is an older version but good for making lib files and what not. Too bad we cannot get the latest sources from Rikomagic.

Thanks,
                    Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Bob, is there any chance this change will make it into a future Finless ROM? Not being able to use my bluetooth mouse and keyboard kind of sucks.

Regardless, I'm using 1.7 right now and it's great otherwise. Thanks for all you do!

Comment

Q7 Wifi mac address

Hello,

Will it be possible to provide the location of Q7 mac address and how can I change it. I have tried everything but nothing worked. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Ah yes thanks.... I have downloaded that before. It is an older version but good for making lib files and what not. Too bad we cannot get the latest sources from Rikomagic.

Thanks,
                        Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X