Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to RKBatchTool

Dear All,

I just got my device yesterday and I was playing around with it and wish to install a new firmware. However I cannot seem to connect to the RKBatchTool 1.7.

What I did was install the drivers from the NeoFirmware-NEODriveAssistant, and once these were installed, I rebooted my PC. After rebooting, I connecting the power cable and the usb cable to the Neo X7, and then tried to Flash by inserting a small needle in the reset whole and pressed the power button. I heard the click on the laptop and the device was registered correctly as RockUsb.

However when I opened the RKBatchTool, I could not see the green button, which means that the device is not yet connected.

I tried this procedure several times, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but I could not get the rktool to work.

Am I doing something wrong?

I would really appreciate if you could help me out since I am quite lost at the moment.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by jmonfu; 12-12-2013, 07:34. Reason: edit

Originally posted by jmonfu View Post
    Dear All,

I just got my device yesterday and I was playing around with it and wish to install a new firmware. However I cannot seem to connect to the RKBatchTool 1.7.

What I did was install the drivers from the NeoFirmware-NEODriveAssistant, and once these were installed, I rebooted my PC. After rebooting, I connecting the power cable and the usb cable to the Neo X7, and then tried to Flash by inserting a small needle in the reset whole and pressed the power button. I heard the click on the laptop and the device was registered correctly as RockUsb.

However when I opened the RKBatchTool, I could not see the green button, which means that the device is not yet connected.

I tried this procedure several times, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but I could not get the rktool to work.

Am I doing something wrong?

I would really appreciate if you could help me out since I am quite lost at the moment.

Thanks for your help

What operating system is on the PC you are using?

There are certainly problems with Windows 8.1 drivers so until new ones are released Windows 8.1 wont connect as far as I'm aware. ( I've had to use a Windows 7 pc to flash )

Comment

Originally posted by ceace1314 View Post
      What operating system is on the PC you are using?

There are certainly problems with Windows 8.1 drivers so until new ones are released Windows 8.1 wont connect as far as I'm aware. ( I've had to use a Windows 7 pc to flash )
      I am using a Win 7 64bit machine

Comment

I am using a Win 7 64bit machine
        maybe worth a try installing Moborobo. thats what i used and it installed the drivers on its own no issues in windows 7.

Comment

I heard the click on the laptop and the device was registered correctly as RockUsb.
          In folder with RKBatchTool there file config.ini

Open config.ini, find string

SUPPORTLOWUSB=

replace on

SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE

save

enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by sysmer View Post
            In folder with RKBatchTool there file config.ini

Open config.ini, find string

SUPPORTLOWUSB=

replace on

SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE

save

enjoy!
            Thanks sysmer, that did the trick!

Comment

Hello,

I'm getting sick coz of having the same prob *grrh*

I doublechecked already

- SUPPORTLOWUSB
              - Using stock OTG-Cable with the long connectors
              - tried several W7 computers
              - read a lot of howTo's already

If I connect Minix Neo X7 as descripted I've never heart the windows sound for new (detected) hardware. If I connect the box during this procedure to my TV via HDMI the box is booting to Android System Recovery v4.2. In my opinion the the pressed recovery button is working?!

I would really appreciate if somebox can help me, any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks for your help

Comment

If anybody got the same issues I wrote before, I finally found the solution! The stock OTG-Cable doesn't work, need to change to another cable but still need the long connectors

Comment

Working...
                X