Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto power on the NEO X5

dear all,

any one know how to make the neo x5 auto power on (ie without using the power switch)
    I want it to power on as soon as power is supplied to the unit, just like the neo x5mini does.??

Originally posted by MAMJ View Post
    dear all,

any one know how to make the neo x5 auto power on (ie without using the power switch)
    I want it to power on as soon as power is supplied to the unit, just like the neo x5mini does.??

You will have to do like the rest of us and elbow the wife and say when your getting me a beer push the button on the side of the box for me will ya.......
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

There is a special version I think used in a manufactoring setting. You have to special order it I think.

Comment

The X7 has a jumper inside to do it. The X5 does not.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          The X7 has a jumper inside to do it. The X5 does not.

Bob
          Mine has a jumper on the board. MINIX NEO X5 it needs to be on pins 1 and 2 from the information I have looked up. But can not say for sure since I am not able to get a good firmware to work on it, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by supert8ch View Post
            Mine has a jumper on the board. MINIX NEO X5 it needs to be on pins 1 and 2 from the information I have looked up. But can not say for sure since I am not able to get a good firmware to work on it, yet.
            There are 2 versions of the Minix X5:
            NEO-X5-116A - Standard Model and most found on the market
            NEO-X5-116I - Model used for digital signage, has junpers for auto power on, has support for serial port and JTAG

see here
            Plasma: Panasonic TX-55ST60E
            HTPC: LC-Power 1320mi :: Sapphire PURE WHITE Fusion E350 :: 4GB DDR3 :: SSD Corsair Nova 2 [SO] :: 4TB [Storage] || Android PC: Minix X5