Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PMID701i vs PMID701c - Who is the better ONE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID701i vs PMID701c - Who is the better ONE?

I have read at least for 2 hours in the forum which of the two is better.Some say that the 701c has better display.Some say the 701i is more convenient thanks to the ICS.I have dazzled my head deciding which one to buy.They are the same price.The difference is the OS.Which of the two runs smoother?Mostly i will be playing games not very demanding like angry birds and some race games.

PS this will be my first tablet.

Originally posted by BulleTPRooF View Post
    I have read at least for 2 hours in the forum which of the two is better.Some say that the 701c has better display.Some say the 701i is more convenient thanks to the ICS.I have dazzled my head deciding which one to buy.They are the same price.The difference is the OS.Which of the two runs smoother?Mostly i will be playing games not very demanding like angry birds and some race games.

PS this will be my first tablet.
    The easy answer is I think you'll probably be happier with either. As a first tablet either one will do the basic things you want it to do and then some.

Right now I honestly don't think there is that big of a difference, although I only own the 701C. There are quite a few people here in the forum who own both and have been able to compare them side by side. They can give a more definitive answer..but I don't know that anyone will say either tablet is a clear winner of the other. The "better" tablet will probably be a personal decision only you can make. I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell you which one YOU should choose.

I too have heard the 701i has a slightly darker display..I've also heard the battery life is a little longer on the I as well. Other than that and the OS there really aren't any major hardware differences.

If the 701i ran Netflix better I would recommend it for that reason. However I've seen just as many 701i owners as 701C owners trying to figure out how to get one to run Netflix smoothly. There seems to be a great deal of variability in these..even within the same model number. (Some have the TV out, some don't etc)

The major difference is the operating system..and even that isn't really a big deal anymore. The boys here on the forum have been busy and have roms and stock images out the wazoo. If you aren't afraid of tinkering with your purchase you'll be able to upgrade a 701C to ICS and see how you like it..or downgrade a 701i to gingerbread if your prefer. With the stock images we have here you could then return to the stock setup if you weren't happy with changes.

I do know I've heard the ICS is the winner with menu settings etc. I've also heard Gingerbread actually runs a little faster and a tad more smoothly. Again I don't think there is a significant winner because they each have benefits and drawbacks which honestly pretty much make it a wash.

I have the 701C and was going to exchange it for the 701i when it was released. Once I read the forums and noticed noone was raving how much better ICS was, I decided I'd just hang on to my 701C.

Honestly the capacitive touch screen and decent enough hardware will make either tablet a winner for you. After using this I'd never want to go back to theresistive touch screen that's typically used on tablets under a $100.

If you are planning on buying and can't decide which, take a trip to Big Lots if you haven't. They may make the decision easier for you since many don't even have the 701i.

Comment

I Don't Personally Do This..but Some Have

I don't personally condone or partake in this type of behavior...but I've heard of some people who have bought both and try them out. Whichever one they don't like as well they simply return.

I don't really like this because in the end I'm sure another unsuspecting consumer ends up paying full retail for a tablet someone had at home playing with for a little less than a month.

Big Lots does seem to go out of their way to tell you that you can return in it 30 days with the box, packing and receipt.

Its certainly an option to consider. I personally don't do it because I don't think someone should pay full price for my reshelved return. I also know I'd end up keeping BOTH tablets 95% of the time and I can't afford that .

Comment

My personal thought

Originally posted by SingleDad View Post
        I don't personally condone or partake in this type of behavior...but I've heard of some people who have bought both and try them out. Whichever one they don't like as well they simply return.

I don't really like this because in the end I'm sure another unsuspecting consumer ends up paying full retail for a tablet someone had at home playing with for a little less than a month.

Big Lots does seem to go out of their way to tell you that you can return in it 30 days with the box, packing and receipt.

Its certainly an option to consider. I personally don't do it because I don't think someone should pay full price for my reshelved return. I also know I'd end up keeping BOTH tablets 95% of the time and I can't afford that .
        With all the dfferent ROM options now available, and I can swap one out in a matter of 5 minutes anymore (though Shawn's C model ICS was a long load) that issue is not much of a worry. The big thing to make sure is that you have the hardware that you need. There are some out there that apparently do not have the TV out port so if getting the extra cable is important to you then you might at least make sure that it is on there before walking out of the store.
        Otherwise I have found the Gingerbreads in general do run a bit faster than the ICS, but I think the settings menu in ICS is hands down better than in the GB. But it is all how you personally see it.
        Good news is I still dont think that there are any people who have permanantly bricked the device while playing as long as they were willing to work with it a little. There have been a few scares but in the end they got it up and running again. Note, I did have a little screw floating around inside my test unit's case when I popped it open so it is possible that that could have bounced onto the motherboard and shorted something out had it stayed there long enough. Just a warning if you hear something rattling around in there

Comment

Working...
        X