PMID701i/C (Bluetooth and More)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID701i/C (Bluetooth and More)

On top of all the other goodies full market and root utilities.

Bluetooth Module added to stock rom also a few other toys get added with my Full Market script.

Google Maps, Voice ,Gmail etc.

The bluetooth module is there just wont enable until you setup external or i custom mod to the board .

You can check in the settings. I just have added a few common bluetooth modules to system.

I owe a massive shout, props and a great appreciation to Artist,Saber,Shawnbusker,Finless, notpod without these guys I would have never started working on this tablet!!

thanks guys!

Originally posted by LiquidLimez View Post

Bluetooth Module added to stock rom also a few other toys get added with my Full Market script.

The bluetooth module is there just wont enable until you setup external or i custom mod to the board .

You can check in the settings. I just have added a few common bluetooth modules to system.

I owe a massive shout, props and a great appreciation to Artist,Saber,Shawnbusker,Finless, notpod without these guys I would have never started working on this tablet!!

thanks guys!
    I appreciate your hard work on this. Does this mean that the stock rom you posted for 791i includes bt maps, voice, etc? Or will this come in another rom?

Comment

Your welcome

thanks guys!
      We do what we can. You have been very productive in your time here too.

Comment

Hello!

Bluetooth will be very interesting. Perhaps ST will add you to their development team. You and Shawn are making whoever they pay now to develop this stuff for them look pretty stupid, with you folks having done what you have in only a few short weeks.

I'll try to keep following you folks' progress.

73 DE N4RPS
        Rob

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks Saber,

Everyone has been very welcoming.. what I do is code and analyze if I can help I certainly will!!
          If their is ever a TD opening let me know. Artist mentioned it a few days ago!

Ah Yeah thanaks N4!

Comment

thanks guys!
            What did you do to enable bluetooth. I am working on a Gingerbread AOSP build and would like to add that feature.

Comment

Unless the kernel modules are in the kernel for BT driver support, you do not just enable it via some edit to init.rc or build.prop. If the kernel does nopt have the .ko modules BT willnot work.

I do have some BT.ko modules you can use insmod command in init.rc to inject them into the kernel. Not sure if they work on A10 kernels though? They were compiled for GB RK29.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have a usb bluetooth dongle. I would be willing to do some testing on this.. Anyone pm me if you want.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
                Polaroid PMID701i 13
                Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
                Fully rooted
                Google's Market installed

Comment

BT

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Unless the kernel modules are in the kernel for BT driver support, you do not just enable it via some edit to init.rc or build.prop. If the kernel does nopt have the .ko modules BT willnot work.

I do have some BT.ko modules you can use insmod command in init.rc to inject them into the kernel. Not sure if they work on A10 kernels though? They were compiled for GB RK29.

Bob
                  This has been enabled at kernel level along with option in settings with a few modules that are generic in nature but if you want a rom dump I can give you that,however if you need specifics or help PM .

Comment

Working...
                  X