No recovery..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No recovery..

Hey all, well this follows on from a previous thread- a desperate request for help! I flashed as i have done a lot of times on a friends G2 - same device as mine, it flashed fine - but wouldnt boot afterwards. It also wouldnt allow me to enter recovery properly (couldnt be recognised in windows even though drivers were there). It seems the tab is now junk, cant do a thing with it - just wondered if anyone out there had a similar experience and a successful outcome!

Thanks to damo and bob for coming to help so quickly :-)

I can't explain why, but I switched from my desktop pc to my laptop pc to attempt the connection, and the laptop worked fine. It might be the PC you are running from.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

ive heard this can indeed be the case, but i tried on a pc and a laptop- one of which had successfully flashed my own tab, the other had never had any kind of flashing action before. both the exact same problem, which i think suggests the tablet was now a goner. worrying - but it is a risk of flashing, always has been - just need to take it on the chin :-)

Comment

i think the biggest prob is getting into recovery mode- a lot of the guides mention entering recovery mode- and theres great steps in Bob's readme on how to do this....but....what if that doesnt work? It doesnt every single time seem to work - and in my case didnt work at all. As its a mighty important step it would be great to see some techniques on how this can be done, and what to do if it doesnt work the prescribed way. Maybe its a lot to ask, and maybe if uve hosed ure device (like it appears happened to me) then u just need to accept it - but would be good to gather opinions of failures at this stage, what OS was being used, what method was being used, any successful outcomes of it, any total failures etc - to try and zoom in on what causes the problems at this stage....

i see win 7 64 bit is sometimes a culprit - but i have flashed my own tab a few times on win 7 64 with no issues, and managed to wreck another tablet on the same OS, so it cant be as cut and dryas that can it?

Comment

There is only one way to eneter "flash mode". This is not recovery by the way. Recovery is probably what you are in now when you plug it in and windows sees something. Recovery is entered when the OS cant boot. This is not ROM flash mode.

Again the way to enter flash mode is hold volume up and hit the reset button. If it does not enter flash mode then your EEProm seems to have failed period. I have seen about 4 now since getting into this in November.

However I would double check you do not have a PC problem. Try your Tab and see if you can enter flash mode. You do not need to actually flash the ROM but you can at least test if the PC sees it properly and the RKAndroid tool shows a green box. Then to exit flash mode just hit the reset again and it will boot normally.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...