Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best buy 10" retina for under $300 - Pipo M6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo

Hi. I got a Pipo M6 pro, GPS 3G 32Gb from Eternal team on Aliexpress. It had a faulty digitizer and was sent back on 15th October (5 day service) and they still have not picked it up from customs. They told me to ship it at a value of $25 but I shipped it back at full retail price (as advised on many forums) so I got my money back if it all went wrong. It seems they do not bother with collecting the high value returns (other people have the same problems it seems) as they get held up in customs and the $25 dollar return does not. They will not reply to mail and I have a case ongoing with my card company and Aliexpress to get some cash back.
    Besides that, the Pipo was a let down. The retina screen eats the battery, and is slows the whole thing down so mutch the lag is a really annoying. The shell is not that tough and a bit flexy, and the rear camera and flashlight are a joke and totally unuseable indoors of an evening. I have a Huawei Y300 phone that can knock it into the weeds at many things, (especially GPS and 3G reception) the camera and flashlight on that will work in total darkness, great for £60.
    My wife has a Chuwi V88, ok not the same thing, but the whole experience is far far nicer, crisper and parts are available cheap. I have replaced a couple of broken screens (dropped) for friends and improved the wifi antenna position, they are easy to work on with support/hacks available. It would make me consider a bigger Chuwi with a normal screen, as sd cards are cheap and leave the gps and 3G to my tethered android phone. I was more than disappointed with it but I was expecting a replacement. If I get my cash back that will be even better. Remember, few people who have spent £200 on a Chinese tablet on any forum isn't going to admit that it's c**p, and most don't have other devices to compare with. Choose wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by hotdog View Post
      Hi. I got a Pipo M6 pro, GPS 3G 32Gb from Eternal team on Aliexpress. It had a faulty digitizer and was sent back on 15th October (5 day service) and they still have not picked it up from customs. They told me to ship it at a value of $25 but I shipped it back at full retail price (as advised on many forums) so I got my money back if it all went wrong. It seems they do not bother with collecting the high value returns (other people have the same problems it seems) as they get held up in customs and the $25 dollar return does not. They will not reply to mail and I have a case ongoing with my card company and Aliexpress to get some cash back.
      Besides that, the Pipo was a let down. The retina screen eats the battery, and is slows the whole thing down so mutch the lag is a really annoying. The shell is not that tough and a bit flexy, and the rear camera and flashlight are a joke and totally unuseable indoors of an evening. I have a Huawei Y300 phone that can knock it into the weeds at many things, (especially GPS and 3G reception) the camera and flashlight on that will work in total darkness, great for £60.
      My wife has a Chuwi V88, ok not the same thing, but the whole experience is far far nicer, crisper and parts are available cheap. I have replaced a couple of broken screens (dropped) for friends and improved the wifi antenna position, they are easy to work on with support/hacks available. It would make me consider a bigger Chuwi with a normal screen, as sd cards are cheap and leave the gps and 3G to my tethered android phone. I was more than disappointed with it but I was expecting a replacement. If I get my cash back that will be even better. Remember, few people who have spent £200 on a Chinese tablet on any forum isn't going to admit that it's c**p, and most don't have other devices to compare with. Choose wisely.
      I dont think the battery life is that bad with the HD screen enabled. It isnt fantastic but with a good battery saver its more then usabale. You need to install a good launcher to improve the lag of the tablet. Nova or Apex launcher make a huge difference to the overall performance. My wifi signal is excellent, as good as my Optimus G phone. I agree the cameras suck though and the back one is only worth using if the lighting is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Relles View Post
        I dont think the battery life is that bad with the HD screen enabled. It isnt fantastic but with a good battery saver its more then usabale. You need to install a good launcher to improve the lag of the tablet. Nova or Apex launcher make a huge difference to the overall performance. My wifi signal is excellent, as good as my Optimus G phone. I agree the cameras suck though and the back one is only worth using if the lighting is excellent.
        Im sure it can be worked around but the whole performance wasn't any where near as good as an almost half price totally stock Chuwi out of the box. I just felt disappointed. It was a waste of time trying to play some touchscreen action games and a good camera does mean something to me.
        I have the same problem with a CS968 i have just got. I wanted to use it for covert room monitoring but the camera on that is worst I have ever seen by far.

Comment

I had a look at the Chuwi range but they don't seem to make anything with the RK3188 CPU and a 9.7"-10.1" screen.

Comment

Originally posted by NickC_UK View Post
            I had a look at the Chuwi range but they don't seem to make anything with the RK3188 CPU and a 9.7"-10.1" screen.

what does it mean? which one do you want to buy now?
            Coolicool - Located in China and a trusted seller on Freaktab. We are selling loads of Android TV Sticks, Tablets, Smartphones and consuming electronic merchandises to all over the world. We have local Warehouse in Europe that our customers can get what they want in 72 hours(2-5 Days Delivery&No tariff).
            Lowest Price Guarantee
            Easter Special Offer!
            Link: http://bit.ly/2Iy2Av4

Comment

The Ramos i10 will be soon released. I think it is going to be a very good device! Take a look at it

Inviato dal mio HTC One S con Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by ZioRob View Post
                The Ramos i10 will be soon released. I think it is going to be a very good device! Take a look at it

Inviato dal mio HTC One S con Tapatalk 4
                it is good, if you have any other problems about chinese android machines, contact me,wish i can help you in the future.
                Coolicool - Located in China and a trusted seller on Freaktab. We are selling loads of Android TV Sticks, Tablets, Smartphones and consuming electronic merchandises to all over the world. We have local Warehouse in Europe that our customers can get what they want in 72 hours(2-5 Days Delivery&No tariff).
                Lowest Price Guarantee
                Easter Special Offer!
                Link: http://bit.ly/2Iy2Av4

Comment

Chuwi V99X, it has Huawei components, Rk3188, good support and from what I have found trawling around forums, about the retina display rivals the sharpest. An old thread from some forum I saw mentioned a discount standard display model but I can't find it. I like Huawei.

Ps 8Mp camera but no flashlight, although if anything like a Pipo flashlight thats no loss. Can be upgraded to 4G when available with the Huawei module and voice calls.
                  Last edited by hotdog; 12-23-2013, 11:43. Reason: added camera spec

Comment

Working...
                  X