This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST posts Polaroid 701C roms

Downloading them now. ICS and 2.3 for 701C. also new rom for others....

LOL..way to reverse engineer them from FreakTab geniuses S.T.

I assumed the big delay was them trying to package it into something more user friendly. I didn't think they'd basically just regurgitate what we had here in the forum basically verbatim.

Using LiveSuit complete with broken engrish and all...

WOW

I did notice their support page confirmed that if you upgrade to ICS/Android 4.0 on the 701C you lose TV OUT capabilities on the 701C since "Android 4.0 does not support TV-out on our Tablets".

Comment

Got a direct link? I went to their site and all it shows me is owners manuals still. Maybe it's my beta version of Nightly 64 but didn't see any roms.
      Wondering if they've done anything for the i model

Comment

Originally posted by Dartman View Post
        Got a direct link? I went to their site and all it shows me is owners manuals still. Maybe it's my beta version of Nightly 64 but didn't see any roms.
        Wondering if they've done anything for the i model
        Yeah their support site is as big of a mess as their actual support is:

Nothing for the i model yet. You'll have to wait until they've had time to cut and paste everything from here

Comment

You'd think they would have done their own research and testing. Has anyone compared the 4 files? Ours(great work BTW Shawn) and their first attempt at support? I was waiting until ST released an Official upgrade with real flashing options to upgrade to ICS I don't like the hoops you have to go through to backup and flash. There has to be a way to flash just like any other unit out there by placing the rom onto the SD card and turning it on. I feel there are too many ways for errors to happen when going from PC to Device.
          I read through their instructions, Hey Shawn, if you add pictures to yours which will be more complete?

Comment

Thanks, I was googling around and found it again. Funny as I had hit it once before but they didn't have any updates so I must have forgotten to bookmark it.
            Another funny, or not so funny, thing is the manual they list NOW for a i model is the one my first i with no TV out had. The one I have now has the same manual the c models get. Maybe they were planning on cheaping out the i a bit and a bunch of c's got upgraded and put in i boxes or something but sure glad I got one with working TV out.

Comment

tv out

I thought one of the i tablets had the video out and one didn't. Meaning there is a version of ICS that would work with the video out. So basically the video out option kills ICS for me unless I can get one that will work it. I use it all the time.

Comment

Cool. I'm glad I'm still just experimenting with this tablet. I just re-flashed to the 2.3 stock rom and I'm going to give this update a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiserman View Post
                  I thought one of the i tablets had the video out and one didn't. Meaning there is a version of ICS that would work with the video out. So basically the video out option kills ICS for me unless I can get one that will work it. I use it all the time.
                  Yeah I'm confused too. I have never used the TV out option on my 701C so I don't know if it works. I thought the ICS ROM we had here still allowed use of the TV out but it was just my assumption. I haven't bothered to test it because I don't have a cable.

Is it really that ICS doesn't support TV out? Or is it just that S.T. just decided they were going to cut costs by NOT including TV outs it in future 701i's. So they just haven't bothered to support TV out for 701C users in their firmware upgrade? I'm confused

There are DEFINITELY some 701i's out there floating around with factory equipped TV OUT jacks. I thought they worked...but I'm not sure.

Comment

Well like I said, mine works, but also that new manual download for I tablets has omitted any TV out mention so maybe they are planning to do away with it.

Comment

Can we fix it

Originally posted by Dartman View Post
                      Well like I said, mine works, but also that new manual download for I tablets has omitted any TV out mention so maybe they are planning to do away with it.
                      well said if we need it fixed we can do it ..lol

Comment

I tried updating from the stock 701c Gingerbread image using this official ICS update. As in the Gingerbread image, Google Play is missing and if you install it manually and run it, it will crash. (Unless you use LiquidLimez's patch)

Comment

tv out

Well, I'm hoping we can get the tv out to work with ICS at some point. I'm sure the genius's in this forum could figure it out. I'm watching a movie using it right now. Saves me from burning DVD's all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SingleDad View Post
                            Yeah their support site is as big of a mess as their actual support is:

Nothing for the i model yet. You'll have to wait until they've had time to cut and paste everything from here
                            Was this stupid comment really necessary? This is the kind of thing that can get people sued, and frankly isn't very funny.

Comment

I think you should cool your jets there c,lei. He was pointing out that their support sites links were unclear and well messy. It is allowed for a product user to criticize a product and or its support. This is an open forum and his opinion is welcome. If you so strongly disagree with it comment to him in a pm not in an open forum post. I have sent emails to their support staff stating the exact same thing about the confusing aspect of their update and manual pages when I requested firmware updates. If the work done here pushed them into doing something then it is a good thing isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X