X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameloft games not working

Hello there,
    I seem to read everywhere that people can play these games, (Gameloft games such as Modern Combat 2 or N.O.V.A. HD), on their Nextbook, yet I can't seem to even get them to open up I have a Nextbook Premium 7 running Finless Bob's 1011 rom version 1.4, I have attempted to change the build.prop with no success. I'm fairly new to this, but I'm learning quite a bit. Any help would be quite appreciated.

Conklin34

Here was my original thread post:

I edited my Nextbook build.prop to spoof it as a Nexus S. I found a lot more games (mainly gameloft) were compatible and the Play Store would let me download. I only had to edit 5 lines.

The reason I chose Nexus S is because it's a fully Google supported device and has full access to the Play Market.

Here is how it's done:

1. Make a copy of your build.prop and then move it to another folder to keep it safe. I just stick it in the Media file because it's in the same folder as build.prop.
    2. Go into the Google Play through Application Manager and clear the cache and data from it. Also clear the cache in google framework.
    3. Click on build.prop, select open as text, then select text editor that pops up.
    4. Make these edits to your build prop:
    ro.product.model=Nexus S
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:2.3.4/GRJ22/121341:user/release-keys
    ro.build.description=soju-user 2.3.4 GRJ22 121341 release-keys
    5. Save your edits.
    6. Reboot tablet.
    7. Go the Play Market and you should now have access to all apps that run on Gingerbread.

To test it, log into Play Market online. You will now have 2 devices listed. Start searching around for apps and try to find one you haven't seen before. Click on it. Play Store will either say this app is compatible with both your devices, or this app is compatible with one of your devices. If it says that, select the Nexus S from the drop down menu, then install.

Note: on some games you might have to adjust your screen density to have games display correctly. To do this go back into build.prop, look for this line: ro.sf.lcd_density=160 and change it to 120 or 132 and save it. Always, reboot your tablet after editing build.prop.

Also note:
    You will only be able to play Gameloft games designed for GINGERBREAD. The build prop that identifies your tablet android OS is ro.build.version.sdk=9. I tried to adjust it upward towards HoneyComb, but my tablet became very unstable, so I don't suggest doing it. Also Note: some Gameloft games are dependent on the amount of RAM. The Nextbook only has 512 installed, and about 1/2 of that is being used to keep basic tablet functions running. This means you won't have enough RAM to run many higher end Gameloft games.

I haven't played many games, but Modern Combat 2 does run on this build prop.

Also, after I have edited my build.prop to download and install the games, I revert back to my original build.prop and reboot. Try doing that before actually launching a game. Hope this clarifies things. Also, you can try other build.props from different devices to see if you can find one that works better. Do a Google search...but as always you are responsible for what you do with your device.

This was all done pre-Google Playstore.

Comment

Thank you!

I must have missed clearing the cache in google framework from your original post. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I have been out of town the last couple days. I can't wait to try when I do get home, my son will be super excited

Comment

Well I have done everything to the "T" and they still don't seem to want to open. Modern Combat 3 goes into some sort of eternal license check, and NOVA 2 force closes when loading the single player game.. I have a hunch that they are just eating up to much RAM. Again, thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Last thing I can think of is to install the games to your SD card before playing, or move them their before playing. Wish I had time to test all the games that work, but I don't. I was just happy getting Modern Combat 2 to work and a few others. I know Modern Combat 3 won't run. Try checking over on XDA forum for some other build.props.

Comment

So I was doing a ROM for Damo and his Cube 9Gt on Gingerbread 2.3.1.

I came across an interesting file in /system

compatible_info.xml

In it was the following statement

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
            <compatible-packages>
            <app package="com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftASCR"/>
            <app package="com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftAsphalt5.a sphalt5"/>
            </compatible-packages>

Might be something there for GameLoft stuff?

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
              X