Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for advice on an AllWinner TV Player to bring Elektricity ROM to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for advice on an AllWinner TV Player to bring Elektricity ROM to....

So I'm delving into the world of TV sticks and I wanted to know if anyone in this forum had some ideas for a TV stick for me to get and customizing ROM's for?

Preferably a popular one with decent specs (no sense making Elektricity ROM for 2 guys on the site! ha ha!)
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Well..
    When I looked on buying a Allwinner A31
    these came-up

Stick..
    Measy u4k

Its not a stick.. but looks oke

Tvbox
    CS918S [bought but still under way]
    China-1 Stock | Buy CS918S Allwinner A31 Quad Core Android 4.2.2 OS Mini TV BOX 2G/16G Bluetooth RJ45 5.0MP Camera and MIC External WIFI Antenna - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Both device.. could use a tweak or two.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
      Well..
      When I looked on buying a Allwinner A31
      these came-up

Stick..
      Measy u4k

Its not a stick.. but looks oke

Tvbox
      CS918S [bought but still under way]
      China-1 Stock | Buy CS918S Allwinner A31 Quad Core Android 4.2.2 OS Mini TV BOX 2G/16G Bluetooth RJ45 5.0MP Camera and MIC External WIFI Antenna - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Both device.. could use a tweak or two.. lol
      I support the previous post and vote for Measy U4K as I have one. Besides, I have recently flashed it with CS918S firmware. It performs very well. The only problem I have is no wifi/bt functionality. It's a bit strange as they both have the identical hardware. The great idea would be to make a custom fw for Measy U4K and B4K out of CS918S firmware.

Comment

I'm inclined to go with the CS918S, simply because it was made for the device. I am loathe to start tweaking ROM's for devices to which they weren't originally suited for, especially since I haven't yet delved into the world of compiling custom kernels for devices (hence the .xx version numbers of Elektricity ROMs).
        Originally posted by ADD View Post
        I support the previous post and vote for Measy U4K as I have one. Besides, I have recently flashed it with CS918S firmware. It performs very well. The only problem I have is no wifi/bt functionality. It's a bit strange as they both have the identical hardware. The great idea would be to make a custom fw for Measy U4K and B4K out of CS918S firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
          I'm inclined to go with the CS918S, simply because it was made for the device. I am loathe to start tweaking ROM's for devices to which they weren't originally suited for, especially since I haven't yet delved into the world of compiling custom kernels for devices (hence the .xx version numbers of Elektricity ROMs).
          Well that decision suites me well too as the fw is compatible with measy. So, wish you best of luck. Tell me if you need a beta tester.

Comment

Well that decision suites me well too as the fw is compatible with measy. So, wish you best of luck. Tell me if you need a beta tester.
            Careful what you wish for

Comment

Careful what you wish for
              What's so funny in wishing someone luck?

Comment

I am waiting for my cs918s, hope there will be developper for. I am confuse with spec, geekbuying said it is a A31 but I found other site with a A31S spec. Anyway will post my comment when I get it!
                T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

What's so funny in wishing someone luck?
                  I meant the offer to be a beta tester

Comment

Originally posted by Sarco View Post
                    I am waiting for my cs918s, hope there will be developper for. I am confuse with spec, geekbuying said it is a A31 but I found other site with a A31S spec. Anyway will post my comment when I get it!
                    That's actually the one I'm going to get

Comment

I meant the offer to be a beta tester
                      Ah, now I got it. Yeah, but I guess you'll look for someone with the original device. From my side I'll be flashing it on my Measy as your "crash tester" instead

Comment

I almost bought a U4K but since it was difficult to find the second version (black with antenna) I bought a cs918s. Witch one do you own, the black or white... I find that most of the time firmware from developper tend to be more generic, maybe you will be able to use them. Reading from the net measy is active in developpement and I am sure they will provide good firmware to work on. I also got an old laptop to put ubuntu and try cooking
                        T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarco View Post
                          I almost bought a U4K but since it was difficult to find the second version (black with antenna) I bought a cs918s. Witch one do you own, the black or white... I find that most of the time firmware from developper tend to be more generic, maybe you will be able to use them. Reading from the net measy is active in developpement and I am sure they will provide good firmware to work on. I also got an old laptop to put ubuntu and try cooking
                          You did the right choice picking cs918s, because measy is not at all active in further fw development once they throw a new product in the market. I wrote them many times to provide the the stock firmware for my u4k and they've never bothered to reply. So, I would suggest to avoid their products.

Comment

Originally posted by ADD
                            because measy is not at all active in further fw development once they throw a new product in the market. I wrote them many times to provide the the stock firmware for my u4k and they've never bothered to reply. So, I would suggest to avoid their products.
                            I agree..
                            The thing i learned from buying my first 'allwinner' unit
                            -only buy one.. with open mind.. don't exspeced it to run xbmc smooth or game better
                            --only buy a unit.. if there is a stock-firmware availleble (because these units are known to be unstable)
                            ---also.. with root access its quite easy to break/brick parts of android os (like installing busybox)

I also contacted measy.. never got a responds
                            Also a few resellers.. because i stated, i would only buy a allwinner unit.. if firmware was provided
                            -no one could provided a fw for u4k measy units

Allwinner should really start making a tool.. to easily make a firmware backup
                            -of any/all allwinner units

Comment

As you can see from my sig I've got one of the pesky Measy U4K units.

Unlike @ADD I've been unable to cross flash any firmware as the stick does not show up when attached to any of my laptops. I've installed ADB drivers and the Phoenixsuit no luck at all at it getting recognized.

I've toggled the USB debug box a few times but it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. Effectively it seems to be impossible to flash.

Obviously if you could prepare an A31 (as opposed to A31s) firmware with RTL8723AS support and can find a way for me to flash it, I'll be happy to test.
                              Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                              Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                              Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                              Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                              Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                              RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                              X