PMID701i MicroSD ejects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID701i MicroSD ejects

I've had this thing for about a week now, and I'm having a problem with the MicroSD slot. First, the MicroSD card doesn't just "click" in like it says it should in the manual, and, I don't know when it does it, but it'll auto-eject itself. The card will read if I push and hold it in, so I've used duct tape and that works, but it obviously looks really tacky. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks much,
    Josh.

Mine is OK

The only problem I have with mine is that it sit's just inside the case and I dont have very long fingernails so it can be tough to push all the way in, but once I have it locked in place it is fine. Never pops out.

Comment

Takes me like 5 minutes before i can get it to click in. So now I just never take it out. If it pops out I think its just not in all the way. You have to push down when its in there to lock it in place, thats what happened to me.

Comment

You need to take a pen, penny, etc and push the card in a little further than you would think you'd need to. It should then definitely click and lock into place. If it doesn't my best guess is it's broken and needs to be returned!

Comment

Originally posted by SingleDad View Post
          You need to take a pen, penny, etc and push the card in a little further than you would think you'd need to. It should then definitely click and lock into place. If it doesn't my best guess is it's broken and needs to be returned!
          Hello!

Ditto. Hammer hits nail right on the head.

I have a friend who could use a tablet who's done a lot for me over the years. I'll get HIM one as soon as more come in.

73 DE N4RPS
          Rob

Comment

Can you suggest a good sd card?
            I was wondering class 4 or class 6?
            And which sd cards are working whit the tablet?
            I can chose from this ones.Which do you have?
            A-Data
            Transcend
            Samsung
            Hama

Comment

Originally posted by BulleTPRooF View Post
              A-Data
              Transcend
              Samsung
              Hama
              I prefer PNY since they often include a adapter in the package with the micro sd card.

In fact I just got a 16 gig class 10 micro sd card w/SDHC adapter on sale last week at the local Staples for $19.99.
              Last edited by c,lei; 05-08-2012, 23:03.

Comment

Good deal on that one

Originally posted by c,lei View Post
                I prefer PNY since they often include a adapter in the package with the micro sd card.

In fact I just got a 16 gig class 10 micro sd card w/SDHC adapter on sale last week at the local Staples for $19.99.
                Basically you want as high a class as you can find for the memory and size of your budget. Now that said, I have heard tales of people finding their cards have lots of bad sectors on them causing the card to be significantly less than they thought they were getting, as well as some where it said it was one size when it was really another.

Comment

Originally posted by BulleTPRooF View Post
                  A-Data
                  Transcend
                  Samsung
                  Hama
                  Get at least a class 6. I'm not sure you gain anything by getting a class 10 on a deviice like this. But if you can get a good deal on one, why not?

I just ordered a 16GB G-Skill micro-SD card from Newegg this morning for $12.99. I'll probably put it in my Acer tablet and put the class 6 from the Acer in the Polaroid.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post

Hello!

The PNY SDHC cards hold just a LITTLE MORE DATA than the others. I found this out using Linux.

I had an SDHC card to die and I replaced it with another brand. My system would not restore to the new card, due to not enough space. Had to get another PNY to finally restore the OS onto. Don't know if this is also relevant to Micro SD cards, though.

For now, Class 10 is the way to go, with a data transfer rate of 20MB/second. Classes 4 and 6 have a somewhat slower data transfer rate.

You really DO need all the speed you can get in an SD card, since data transfer between the SD card and the tablet is the slowest part of it all.

73 DE N4RPS
                    Rob

Comment

I think I have something my tablet it says I have less than 2gb free space????I have just a few apps and that is it.How much space did you have at beginning
                      Not for this threat but.Can i also store apps an the tablet after I root it.I am new to tablets?

Comment

Thanks guys..

I asked elsewhere in forums about my sd card not working, and saying damaged card, when I read this thread and duh!.. figured out the bloody card was not clicked in all the way and that was the problem!Not sure why they made it a bit difficult, but at least it works!

Comment

Newbie question: will a microSDHC card work on a 701i or does it need to be just a microSD?

Comment

Hopefully someone out there will know as I have been wondering the same thing.
                            Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

Don't have one but SDHC should be fine; the thread is discussing cards above 4 gigs, which are all SDHC.

Comment

Working...
                              X