Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWRP 2.x Recovery build for RK3188 devices?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWRP 2.x Recovery build for RK3188 devices?

Before I contemplate having to try and build an RK3188 compatible TWRP 2.x recovery from scratch is anyone aware of any already in existence i.e for a similar hardware smartphone etc?

Yes CMW is good but it just isn't my holy grail of recoveries
    Last edited by CaptainMidnight; 12-29-2013, 07:41.

Yeah, understand the lack of replies - I've been trying various different tablet TWRP recovery image builds which also use RK3188 chips.

Non of them have worked so far

I'll continue looking and learning ................

Comment

Well, after more searches/reading and discussing my desire to create a TWRP 2.x recovery image for my hudl, I'd completely overlooked the realisation that the recovery image is just like the boot image and can be unpacked etc.

So, with the prospect of building the recovery from source, potentially increasing the build time by a factor of 'x', I'm currently looking at getting down and dirty hacking an existing RK3188 TWRP 2.x recovery image that I've found via my internet trawl.

Bring on the hacking/testing

Comment

I'm looking for a custom recovery for the Pipo U8 that requires touch screen control due to the lack of external keys.

Any chance of trying TWRP for it?

I can send you a link to the file...but the stock recovery is in each of my RileyROM's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Well, not quite sure I understand your post there - I've read it a couple of times, both top down and from the bottom up

The RK3188 TWRP recovery images that I've so far found (2.4.4.0) have been from other Pipo devices - I think it's from an M9 as the screen res/orientation is lower/rotated than for the hudl - but this should be correctable by replacing the res folder in the pre-built TWRP (if my limited understanding is correct).

Happy to supply source links etc, just not sure what you are saying - sorry.

(.... and if you have your own RK3188 TWRP recovery - very happy to have a gander at it)

Comment

Actually, I have never messed with TWRP. But since I can't seem to get CWM to work on the U8...I thought about giving it a try. If you could put one together for me?

I was talking about taking the recovery.img out of my ROM kit.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Ah right, yes I see now.

When I finally get TWRP working for the hudl and my customr ROM completed, I'm sure I could then have a look - but would suggest a Dev of your calibre with many ROMs to your name could have this nailed down in a fraction of my work rate.

Comment

I'm in no hurry...I have lots of other ROM work to do. I'm trying to learn KitKat right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Update: Well the Pipo M9 TWRP 2.4.4.0 version that I have will load on the hudl but the orientation is wrong and it occupies the right-hand side from top to bottom i.e. only half of the menu shows.

........... still working on it though!

Comment

Randy: you should probably try it as-is, it may well work on your other Pipo tablet.

Comment

Do you have a link to the version you are talking about?
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Here you go it's over at DragonDevs.

That link takes you to both TWRP and CWM recoveries for the Pipo M9. I'm suprised you haven't got CWM working as of yet as by all accounts it's the easier of the two to get working with minimal changes.

Thinking aloud - your U8? is it lower res than 1280x800, if so you'd need to replace the /res folder inside the recovery image from the TWRP GitHub resource.

Comment

Thanks.

All of the Pipo tablets have working CWM...except for the U8. Touch just won't work, and there just aren't any external keys to use in it's place.

I'll take a look.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Update:

Now have the a full menu screen visible using 800x1280 res file repository

Some(?) touch selection is occasionally visible, but still not working

.......... slow work in progress

Comment

Thread CLOSED and linked to abdul_pt's thread here.

Comment

Working...
                              X