No announcement yet.

Minix X7 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 3.2 by lewy20041

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using istream with this rom and making library from tv shows i can not find the icechannel dir.. Won't let me access data dir under browse.

No problem under other roms

Very stable this rom, good work
    Without memories we have nothing.

Comment

Ok pretty sure that cifs does not work.. Have tried a lot of different combinations.. Works in xbmc

A2 sound as reported before

Can't find special://profile/addon_data/script.icechannel/movies or tv shows dir under xbmc browse

Does not bother me the above. Just reporting

Comment

im using cifs mounted shares every day and its working ok
        are you sure you do everything right?
        edit script to mach your config. for wifi ad sleep 20 if not enought even 30.
        change permisions to 755 and it should work.
        Everything is possible if we work together!
        ApkFreak

Comment

Ok changed permissions to all executable.

Sleep is 30

Do I change file name or that does not matter?

#!/system/bin/sh
          busybox sleep 30
          #Cifs Auto Mount [Change (//192.168.1.102/Server,user=yourusername,pass=yourpassword to mach your setup)]
          busybox mount -t cifs //192.168.1.100/PUBLIC /mnt/Samba_1 -o user=decapper,pass=Xxxxxxx
          busybox mount -t cifs //192.168.1.102/volume_1 /mnt/Samba_2 -o user=yourusername,pass=yourpassword

busybox touch /data/.notfirstboot2

Comment

This is the second night of your rom and I am now been hit with the black screen.. Over clocked the DDR 720 plus 1080 right from get go. Put the stock rom back on at 720 still black screen... Seem to first happen when I used xbmc.

Edit.. Tried flash different kernels.. Stock etc... No success.. Screens flashing off and on in cw recovery. Trying stock rom now to see if it fixes it...
            Last edited by Decapper; 02-12-2014, 11:25.

Comment

using 3.2 for a week with OC 1080p_cpu1.7_gpu798h_ddr720, very smooth and fast.
              thank you lewy20041 for this wonderful rom

but i had a problem, my router set auto restart at every 6:00am, and i will put my minix X7 to sleep everynight. so when i wake X7 up at the morning it loss lan connection, i have to go to setting turn ethernet off and on to get the lan connection back on.
              it didnt happen when i use other rom.

can anyone help me out??

P.S. i factory reset my router and re-flash X7 still no go.

Comment

I have a problem with black screen flashing on.

If I go under hdmi and change to 720p my screen starts flashing black. Put it back to 1080p everything is fine.

I have a digital av sender which only sends in 720p. So I'm stuck with a flashing screen in the bedroom as that is at the receiving end of av sender.

Also what is your "change screen resolution" do?

Can I force 1080p?

Edit: seems only 1080p 60 works and 576 and 480.. Everything else is mucking up.
                Last edited by Decapper; 02-14-2014, 11:04.

Comment

I just want to know what is the safe speed for the ram of minix x7? lower than 667mhz, 667mhz or 720mhz, or even 800mhz is safe?

Thanks!

Originally posted by atombu View Post
                  using 3.2 for a week with OC 1080p_cpu1.7_gpu798h_ddr720, very smooth and fast.
                  thank you lewy20041 for this wonderful rom

but i had a problem, my router set auto restart at every 6:00am, and i will put my minix X7 to sleep everynight. so when i wake X7 up at the morning it loss lan connection, i have to go to setting turn ethernet off and on to get the lan connection back on.
                  it didnt happen when i use other rom.

can anyone help me out??

P.S. i factory reset my router and re-flash X7 still no go.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberzeed View Post
                    I just want to know what is the safe speed for the ram of minix x7? lower than 667mhz, 667mhz or 720mhz, or even 800mhz is safe?

Thanks!
                    Each chip made is somewhat unique in how fast it can be clocked. That is why some people report their CPU runs at say 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 etc... so what is safe for one may be too fast for another which is why stress testing is used. If you are uncertain about these types of things.. it is safer to not OC anything.

Comment

Can't Press Install.

First thanks for this Rom. I have couple problems.

1st. When I try to install app on the Installation screen on the bottom there are two buttons. One is "Cancel" and the other one is "Install" well with Air mouse or even regular mouse the Install button is not active. The Cancel button works fine.
                      The only way it works when I use Navigation Keys and pressing "ENTER" Button on keyboard or using the cheap remote that X7 supplied. Is this could be a bad ROM Install. Did everything to the letter.

2nd. Archos Video Player is not smooth playing. The same movie plays fine with MX Player.

Should I just try to redo the ROM before I will install bunch of the Apps?

Thanks

Comment

1080p videos are blocked

I using 3.2 for a week with OC 1080p_cpu1.7_gpu798h_ddr720, very smooth and fast, but 1080p videos are blocked and then work.
                        Can anyone help me? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by joebejm View Post
                          First thanks for this Rom. I have couple problems.

1st. When I try to install app on the Installation screen on the bottom there are two buttons. One is "Cancel" and the other one is "Install" well with Air mouse or even regular mouse the Install button is not active. The Cancel button works fine.
                          The only way it works when I use Navigation Keys and pressing "ENTER" Button on keyboard or using the cheap remote that X7 supplied. Is this could be a bad ROM Install. Did everything to the letter.

2nd. Archos Video Player is not smooth playing. The same movie plays fine with MX Player.

Should I just try to redo the ROM before I will install bunch of the Apps?

Thanks

OK I had to Re-Flashed ROM and The "Install" selection start working. But my Streaming Videos from Internet using a Video Player like Archos or MX Player will stop playing and the player will closed, in random play. One time could be 20 minuets and one time could 5 minuets. Maybe again I will need to re install the rom.

I'm not using any other kernel just the one from regular ROM Install.

Comment

No Luck With This ROM

But for some reason I was unlucky with this Rom.
                            1st Install I Could not Press a Install Button in Installation Window. Only Cancel Worked.
                            Then I Re-Installed the Rom and Install Button was working but then my Archos Player plugins Stop working I had to press install again to activate them. The XBMC (ANY ONE OF THEM) would close when I try to play some Videos same with MX Player. And the worst part was that the hole system was unstable. It will just shutting down randomly. I had to press button on the Box to make it start again. All this was with Default Kernel.

Sorry but I had to change to Quickshot v2. Now my box working 24/7 with out problems using also default Kernel. (So Far)

Comment

Originally posted by joebejm View Post
                              But for some reason I was unlucky with this Rom.
                              1st Install I Could not Press a Install Button in Installation Window. Only Cancel Worked.
                              Then I Re-Installed the Rom and Install Button was working but then my Archos Player plugins Stop working I had to press install again to activate them. The XBMC (ANY ONE OF THEM) would close when I try to play some Videos same with MX Player. And the worst part was that the hole system was unstable. It will just shutting down randomly. I had to press button on the Box to make it start again. All this was with Default Kernel.

Sorry but I had to change to Quickshot v2. Now my box working 24/7 with out problems using also default Kernel. (So Far)
                              Come on mate, we are all happy that you have found a rom that suits your needs but you have posted this in two other peoples rom threads now that I can see and it's a bit disrespectful. Lots of people have been using these two roms with no problems at all and I'm sure people can make their own minds up without spamming everyone elses rom.
                              To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                                Come on mate, we are all happy that you have found a rom that suits your needs but you have posted this in two other peoples rom threads now that I can see and it's a bit disrespectful. Lots of people have been using these two roms with no problems at all and I'm sure people can make their own minds up without spamming everyone elses rom.
                                The other one was by mistake. And I removed it. Mistake happens.

This is the one I had problem with. And You can see my previews Posts here that I had the problem. And I'm not spamming Some one else Roms. I'm just saying the way it is. Is just like others have a problem with different roms so why they should keep quiet about it. I would love to have a Rom that works with out any problem but that is hard to find and I'm sure that everyone that has a X7 tried different Roms and not just one. And I'm sure they wrote some negative or positive about it.

And Maybe I will change the Rom again to something else but with our reviews you will never know what others have a problem.

Cheers.......

Comment

Working...
                                X