Mutiple MAC address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutiple MAC address

I read somewhere on this forum that someone was experiencing a new MAC address each time their Neo X7 rebooted. I checked my router and sure enough, my router was full of MAC addresses. I am not sure if each address took a different IP address. Let me know if you are seeing the same thing.......
    Thanks
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I read somewhere on this forum that someone was experiencing a new MAC address each time their Neo X7 rebooted.
    I'm experiencing this on my CS968.

Comment

Just to add on... if you're running a ROM with init.d support, there's a fairly easy workaround: drop a file into /system/etc/init.d, and name it something like "S01fixether". The file should have the following contents:

Code:
      #!/system/bin/sh

MACADDR="<mac address>"
      /system/bin/busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether ${MACADDR}
      Change the MACADDR assignment to whatever mac address you prefer. I'd recommend simply re-using whatever MAC address the box has chosen at the time, which you can see via the "netcfg" command. Mine happened to be using "5a:66:3a:ac:75:b2" when I put this file in, so I just re-used that.

Comment

Originally posted by hume View Post
        Just to add on... if you're running a ROM with init.d support, there's a fairly easy workaround: drop a file into /system/etc/init.d, and name it something like "S01fixether". The file should have the following contents:

Code:
        #!/system/bin/sh

MACADDR="<mac address>"
        /system/bin/busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether ${MACADDR}
        Change the MACADDR assignment to whatever mac address you prefer. I'd recommend simply re-using whatever MAC address the box has chosen at the time, which you can see via the "netcfg" command. Mine happened to be using "5a:66:3a:ac:75:b2" when I put this file in, so I just re-used that.
        So all I nee do is create a text file with only these three lines?
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          So all I nee do is create a text file with only these three lines?
          If you want it spelled out, you need to do three things:

- mount /system read+write.
          - Create the file in /system/etc/init.d with the customizations I mentioned.
          - Make sure the file is executable
          - Test-run it just to be certain
          - If it runs without errors, reboot.

You need root to do any of this (but if you're running a firmware with init.d support you probably already have it).

Comment

Working...
          X