No home button after reset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No home button after reset.

I did a system restore so I could do a clean dump for Shawn. Now I am unable to use the home soft or hardware button. Any ideas why?

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2
    Polaroid PMID701i 13
    Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
    Fully rooted
    Google's Market installed

Still no home button. No fun.
    Polaroid PMID701i 13
    Fully rooted

Comment

followed the instructions from the site here, used their rom, and everything is working now. There is a separate method for getting the 701i a13 into restore mode.
      Polaroid PMID701i 13
      Fully rooted

Comment

Glad you got it working. I really missed my home button when it wasn't working.

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

yeah. it really made me not want to do anything with the tablet at all. was hard to use.
          Polaroid PMID701i 13
          Fully rooted

Comment

Originally posted by lukenova View Post
            http://www.southerntelecom.com/polaroidsupport/

followed the instructions from the site here, used their rom, and everything is working now. There is a separate method for getting the 701i a13 into restore mode.
            Luke - How do you know which version of the 701i Firmware you're looking for? Been into "About tablet" and don't see anything resembling any of those suffixes.

Comment

Originally posted by irainbow View Post
              Luke - How do you know which version of the 701i Firmware you're looking for? Been into "About tablet" and don't see anything resembling any of those suffixes.
              The easiest way is to look at the sticker on the back of your tablet. It should say
              PMID 701i 10
              PMID 701i 13
              or
              PMID 701i X

Comment

look on the back side of your tablet. on the sticker, it will say Model: PMID701i XX
                Where the XX is either a 10 or a 13, or possibly something else, since they seem to have 3 versions of the 701i out there.
                Polaroid PMID701i 13
                Fully rooted

Comment

Thank you Luke and single dad

LOL... now why didn't *I* think of that?! Thanks ... wow ... I've got a 701i 10 <---- *begins to sing Jim Croce's "I've Got a Name"* and walks off whistling!

Thanks you guys -- now if you can only help me fix the other issues I posted in another thread. (Crackle won't work, and not sure if I have an issue without Mobile Data annd Mobile Network Config -- prefer *not* to restore yet another time unless absolutely necessary).

Comment

Working...
                  X