Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most stable, speedy Rom and kernel configuration with fixes to use for CX-919 - Finless?! Advice greatly appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most stable, speedy Rom and kernel configuration with fixes to use for CX-919 - Finless?! Advice greatly appreciated.

Hello people, First post here and a newbie to the world of android tv and custom roms etc - please excuse if this is a re-occurring question and the wrong place to ask as I ever so often see scanning forums loool - awaiting the arrival of a Tronsmart CX-919 from geekbuying and I'm trying to work out the most recommended rom, firmware and kernel to use, not too worried about 1080p as such, I'm more about stability and speed, am looking to overclock if recommended and can heat mod if need be - I know a bit pretty computer savvy if I do say so myself but in between working and being a father of a 15month old little terrori don't get as much 'tinkering' time as I used to these days! - I'm guessing finless 1.6b over other available roms but what's the most stable and speedy kernel with all fixes.... Again excuse my ignorance, any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated, I'm curious as to what Finless Bobs setup is on his cx-919. Thanks ppl - Smokez

Trial and error.

Yes, this question pops up alot. Dont see to many responces though. Its kind of like asking what color you like on your car..lol. But, I thought I would share something with you. My cx919 is about 9 months old. I currently use the finless jb4.2-1.5 on my stick. I did not flash the 1.6b as I have not had the issues that others have had. I also use the minimum1080p OC kernel. This is with no mod other than a box fan blowing on it. I have had zero issues. But, it seems there are some different cx919 sticks out there now. Just because I have no problems...Does not mean you wont.
    Thats why I say its a matter of trial. You just have to test drive kernels and roms. Find whats best for your stick and your likes. The one thing you should do is make a dump of your stock rom before you start experimenting. Anyway I hope you enjoy tinkering and I hope you get a good stick. lastly, just my opinion..Stay away from e bay and purchase one from amazon with geekbuying as the seller. Just my opinion...

Comment

Hello peety. Thanks for your reply, think this is my first ever forum post, ever, despite trawling them for the past 10+ yrs of my life lol - I ordered the Tronsmart CX-919 from Geekbuying as this seemed like the best option plus it had a brand name behind it, whereas I've seen many versions of the CX-919 particularly on amazon with mixed reviews in regards to hardware. Hoping I done the right thing, although I'm sure it's as generic as the rest of them... Thanks for your guidance I guess it's a case of trial and error, my main uses will probably be XBMC mainly 720p, the odd game and certain apps like spotify in particular, which leads me to my next question, I'm assuming the stick will appear as a tablet device of some description in app, and I know I can use the finless rom to spoof it as another device, one of my main uses as said you'll be spotify which on an iPad you can now use ad supported for free with unlimited skips and instant individual track selection. This is only possible on tablets, whereas on my iPhone or Galaxy S4 for instance it only supports shuffle play. Do you know if the CX-919 will run Spotify as if it was a tablet on stock rom or if not would a custom rom such as Bobs 1.6b allow me to use it in this way, I do not own an android tablet so don't know if this features even available on one or it's just on iPads and desktops... Thanks again. Essay over - I do go on a bit as the mrs likes to remind me on a regular basis! Lol

Comment

The latest from Here
        And your choice from here

Work great on my Tronsmart CX 919 with a 3amp psu.

Comment

Dont know

Have no idea on the spotify question. I do not use that app. As far as xbmc goes. The latest version seems to be fine. But, I honestly don't use it much. For simplicity, I use Skifta for dlna. The kids ave no problem playing vids from the router with HD attached. Life is good if their happy..I hope someone may answer for ya. Good luck and happy new year.

Comment

Thank you both for your replies, I will give that rom a go. All the best and a Happy new year to you too

Comment

This is the only rom that works well with my Dish Network Sling app. All of the other roms cause the video to lag and skip.

Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Spotify

OP,

just got a cx-919 too...the flash is simple to do, though the stock rom seems fine as well. Spotify on stock rom or finless 1.6b runs as it would on a tablet (full selection not limited.)

Comment

Working...
                X