Leaving the Polaroid Tablet Scene Temporarily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving the Polaroid Tablet Scene Temporarily

Hello Polaroid Tablet enthusiasts, due to the recent power outage in my area, both my ram and my video card on my computer have failed. And this has led me to need to purchase a new computer. I have not anywhere near enough money to buy it, so I will need to sell my tablet. I have asked Southern Telecom to supply me with a tablet to use for development. In the offset chance that they do not ship me out a tablet, I will have to wait a while to purchase a new tablet. If you would like to donate money to help me buy a new tablet click here. Any donations are greatly appreciated. Not having a tablet doesn't mean that I won't be able to help, it just means that I won't be able to test roms or help out with every problem.

Thank you.

Shawn

damn thats tough, shawn. I hate to hear you have to get rid of the tablet. I want to take the time to thank you for all your hard work on the P-Roids, you done a tremendous job...

Comment

how old is it?

If it is an older unit I have some old RAM and video card I could pack up and send to you for a temp fix. (vintage 5-6 years ago)

Comment

Originally posted by sabercatpuck View Post
        If it is an older unit I have some old RAM and video card I could pack up and send to you for a temp fix. (vintage 5-6 years ago)
        It's a fairly new pc. :/ The ram is PC2. Thanks for the offer though.

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by shawnbusker View Post
          Hello Polaroid Tablet enthusiasts, due to the recent power outage in my area, both my ram and my video card on my computer have failed. And this has led me to need to purchase a new computer. I have not anywhere near enough money to buy it, so I will need to sell my tablet. I have asked Southern Telecom to supply me with a tablet to use for development. In the offset chance that they do not ship me out a tablet, I will have to wait a while to purchase a new tablet. If you would like to donate money to help me buy a new tablet click here. Any donations are greatly appreciated. Not having a tablet doesn't mean that I won't be able to help, it just means that I won't be able to test roms or help out with every problem.

Thank you.

Shawn
          Hello!

I hate to hear that, also. I hope you can find a way to get what you need to continue to lead the effort behind what goes on here.

Here's a suggestion: Keep an eye open in thrift shops. Most places are very accommodating about you testing it there before you buy it.

I've bought multiple PCs before for $5-$20 each, and they've either worked outright or I have made one (or more) complete assemblies between them. I have one I'm going to bring home from my brother's place in the next day or two, to use as a server here at the house.

I'm going to use it to run some webcams. I'm fed up with the neighborhood riff-raff keying the car I just spent $3K+ on for bodywork & paint, stealing stuff out of it (and the yard, too), etc., etc. By God, I'm going to try to catch these punks on video, if not with the 12!

Hope to see you back soon!

73 DE N4RPS
          Rob

Comment

i second the thrift store

i have 2 netgear 16 port and 1 older cisco 24 port switch that i picked up for less than $30 in a thrift store.

Comment

Originally posted by sabercatpuck View Post
              i have 2 netgear 16 port and 1 older cisco 24 port switch that i picked up for less than $30 in a thrift store.
              The question is why do you need switches with that many ports.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
              Polaroid PMID701i 13
              Stock Rom from S.T.'s site
              Fully rooted
              Google's Market installed

Comment

Originally posted by lukenova View Post
                The question is why do you need switches with that many ports.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
                The 16 port ones are so I can keep active hardwire ports open in all rooms of the house. Wireless is great for general purpose stuff, but I prefer a land line for other things. The Cisco I just picked up to have something to keep my Cisco IOS commands straight in my head. I use them so rarely at work that if I didn't practice I find the next time I use it I have to look it all back up again otherwise.

Comment

I used to use a 8 port 100 based firewall router here because I got it at a deal a day site dirt cheap and the firewall was very advanced compared to most. Now I have a gigabyte/WiFi router/firewall with 4 wired ports AND a nice cheap gig 8 port simple switch that was also cheap on sale. I have a full tower case because I can, and it's full of hard drives and burners for the same reason
                  If it's cheap, has more then I'll need, and works well, I'm all for it then I'll never run out of space or ports for extra toys. I agree about wired ports, it's the only way to have stable and fast operation at all times. The WiFi I got so I could play with my tablets, it usually wont do HD video very well.

Comment

Working...
                  X