Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ummm guess what? New ROM coming from me REQUESTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm guess what? New ROM coming from me REQUESTS?

OK folks.... Believe it or not I am going to do a new ROM for the X5.

I am going to loan a few people at my work this box to get "a taste" of what a TV box is. So to make sure they get a good experience, I am going to loan them my X5. In turn I see my last ROM is now very old. Time to make a new one.

So I will have a X5 ROM done this week. Oh and...

Kidding...

Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 01-07-2014, 16:44.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

OK just to follow up.... What can I do for the X5 that is needed?

tun.ko?
    touchscreen?
    etc?

I am now behind on the issues with the X5 so now is the time to let me know. If I can add or help.... Let me know.

Now is probably the last time so speak now!

Bob

Comment

geat news hope you or Kirk will make one also for minix neo g4

Comment

Very happy to read that! I have resisted with your last ROM until today because I think it is still the best.

You could update the ROM (with all the Minix upgrades) and You could prepare it to work properly on XBMC by minix. I think the power of x5 should not use the rom in 1080p because it loses much performance .. after spending three months in 1080p and 3 months in 720p I think the latter is the best option.

Thank you very much Bob!

Comment

It would be nice to fix some stuff on the Minix Stock Rom 4.2.2_005_1080.
          • Kernel: CPU frequency from 1008 - 1608 MHz (instead of 250 - 1608 MHz) (This prevents the stuttering in XBMC.)
          • Kernel: DDR overclock to 466 MHz.
          • ROM: Full "real" init.d support.
          • ROM: DTS/DD5.1 passtrough (libmedia.so patch (from stafstrom) he has also created a XBMC (alpha stage) which has DTS/DD5.1 without having to make any adjustments to the stock rom link)
          • APP: XBMC for Minix should run on the rom (otherwise no specific Rockchip HW acceleration. With this Minix version 1080p x264 runs smooth on the X5. All other XBMC (libstagefright) run only 720p.)
          • APP: Cheapcast app should work (Chromecast emulator).
          • APP: Airpin should work (or a reliable implementation of airplay in XBMC).
          I use the X5 for audio / video therefore I would like a 1080p kernel. I don't use the X5 for gaming, but if I did I would use a 720p kernel. So a release with both would be very nice.

On their facebookpage Minix says that they will release a new rom for the X5 in january.
          Last edited by karel; 01-07-2014, 20:07.

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
            It would be nice to fix some stuff on the Minix Stock Rom 4.2.2_005_1080.
            • Kernel: CPU frequency from 1008 - 1608 MHz (instead of 250 - 1608 MHz) (This prevents the stuttering in XBMC.)
            • Kernel: DDR overclock to 466 MHz.
            • ROM: Full "real" init.d support.
            • ROM: DTS/DD5.1 passtrough (libmedia.so patch (from stafstrom) he has also created a XBMC (alpha stage) which has DTS/DD5.1 without having to make any adjustments to the stock rom link)
            • APP: XBMC for Minix should run on the rom (otherwise no specific Rockchip HW acceleration. With this Minix version 1080p x264 runs smooth on the X5. All other XBMC (libstagefright) run only 720p.)
            • APP: Cheapcast app should work (Chromecast emulator).
            • APP: Airpin should work (or a reliable implementation of airplay in XBMC).
            I use the X5 for audio / video therefore I would like a 1080p kernel. I don't use the X5 for gaming, but if I did I would use a 720p kernel. So a release with both would be very nice.

On their facebookpage Minix says that they will release a new rom for the X5 in january.
            Yes I see the CPU is unlocked in this kernel and running at full 1608.
            But I must ask... just use Antutu CPU control and raise the bottom number! Is that a problem?

I will supply DDR and GPU overclocked kernels. I will also be supplying a 1080 kernel with OC options as well.

Minix XBMC will not run on this ROM unless you edit build.prop. I am emulating again the Samsung device but I will supply build.orig or you can edit build.prop to make it work. I will add this to my README.

Where can I get the libmedia.so file please....

Sorry what do I need to do for libstagefright? Nothing I assume?

I don't think I can help with Airplay or Chromecast. Sorry....

Bob

Comment

Wow! Great news thanks a lot Bob when you need a tester, let me know

Comment

DTS and or DD passthrough S/PDIF?

Comment

The ROM is about ready. I just need the libmedia.so that is known to work on this 11/08 release.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Yes I see the CPU is unlocked in this kernel and running at full 1608.
                    But I must ask... just use Antutu CPU control and raise the bottom number! Is that a problem?
                    Using Antutu CPU control isn't a problem, but it would be nicer to have it build into the kernel. (less apps installed and running means less resources/ram used, right?)

I will supply DDR and GPU overclocked kernels. I will also be supplying a 1080 kernel with OC options as well.
                    Just curious, do you build the kernel from kernel sources or do you patch the stock kernel with a tool like rkpatchomatic (from phjanderson)? (Most probably you also have to edit some stuff in init.rc in the boot.img to make the DDR and GPU overclocking work.)

Sorry what do I need to do for libstagefright? Nothing I assume?
                    The stagefright library is already included in the Minix stock rom (005). So nothing has to be done from a rom perspective. (To use stagefright (hardware acceleration) is does have to be activated in the XBMC settings menu).

The ROM is about ready. I just need the libmedia.so that is known to work on this 11/08 release.

Bob
                    Here you go. Credits to stafstrom
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by karel; 01-08-2014, 08:28.

Comment

Got the libmedia thanks!

Yes I will be supplying other boot.img's to support GPU overclock. I am using the patcher to patch the kernel as we do not have X5 kernel sources that I am aware of?

As for DDR over clock, it seems to patch OK but I do not see any benefit show up in Antutu
                      Even a GPU over clock to 533 shows very little increase in performance.

FYI the patched kernel to 1080P actually works well! I get an antutu of almost 13000 or there abouts. Almost the same as 720P kernel which is almost 14000.

Anyway I might have the ROM done after work today.

Bob

Comment

My Minix is anxious to embrace your new Rom. Thanks Bob

Comment

Got the libmedia thanks!

Yes I will be supplying other boot.img's to support GPU overclock. I am using the patcher to patch the kernel as we do not have X5 kernel sources that I am aware of?

As for DDR over clock, it seems to patch OK but I do not see any benefit show up in Antutu
                          Even a GPU over clock to 533 shows very little increase in performance.

FYI the patched kernel to 1080P actually works well! I get an antutu of almost 13000 or there abouts. Almost the same as 720P kernel which is almost 14000.

Anyway I might have the ROM done after work today.

Bob

Hey! Still a new rom for my old X5 !!! Yes! Thanks a lot Bob
                          I am waiting for an OC Kernel for a long time... Strange to see no Antutu increase performance.

Regards,

Comment

Got the libmedia thanks!

Yes I will be supplying other boot.img's to support GPU overclock. I am using the patcher to patch the kernel as we do not have X5 kernel sources that I am aware of.

Bob
                            Here are Minix Neo X5 linux kernel sources, it says 3.0.8 but i think it is 3.0.100 as I read somewhere it was updated.

Comment

Is there anyway to fix the issue with device identification?

My phone, every time I install a new ROM, is always identified by Google Play as the same device. It sees the apps I have previously installed and will redownload/install all those apps.

My Minix X5, every time I install a new ROM (even from the same developer/provider...whether it is the official, or whatever), is never recognized as the same device. Google Play adds a new device entry for it in my device list, and I have to download all my apps from scratch over and over and over. This is one of the main reasons I hate installing new ROM images on my device.

I figured it was a build.prop issue, but I compared the build.prop from my device and my brother's X5 and they are identical.
                              I also tried a Titanium Backup Pro backup/restore of the settings, and that didn't work either.

So I'm out of ideas. Minix never addresses it and ignores my posts for help. If you can figure it out...well...

Comment

Working...
                              X