No announcement yet.

Finless rom 1.3 - Discussions and issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I followed the same as what you did Bob, Google maps showed my location.
    Then I rebooted and then added my account in market.
    I am now logged in to market, and maps shows my location.

I wonder if there is a way to let other apps access the location information for weather and widgets etc?

Comment

Based on what we found yesterday, I am thinking we are either missing some components in our ROM or they are named differently and other apps looking to use them cannot find them OR they are not working correctly.

I am not going to wait to get this fixed for now. I would like to release my new ROMs. Since your running my new one, I think you may agree to release 1.3 now?

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Based on what we found yesterday, I am thinking we are either missing some components in our ROM or they are named differently and other apps looking to use them cannot find them OR they are not working correctly.

I am not going to wait to get this fixed for now. I would like to release my new ROMs. Since your running my new one, I think you may agree to release 1.3 now?

Bob
        Bob, good idea. I bet a lot of people are waiting for it to be released too. I'm glad I was able to help test it over the weekend.
        I've not had any problems apart from one instance I couldn't add google account and another instance I couldn't see all the apps - but simply reflashing the rom and trying again fixed the problems in both instances - however, bearing in mind I have probably re-flashed the rom about 15 times now and only had issues twice.

I think if it's released then maybe we will have other people who will have ideas working on any outstanding small issues

Comment

Originally posted by jameslewisuk View Post
          Bob, good idea. I bet a lot of people are waiting for it to be released too. I'm glad I was able to help test it over the weekend.
          I've not had any problems apart from one instance I couldn't add google account and another instance I couldn't see all the apps - but simply reflashing the rom and trying again fixed the problems in both instances - however, bearing in mind I have probably re-flashed the rom about 15 times now and only had issues twice.

I think if it's released then maybe we will have other people who will have ideas working on any outstanding small issues
          +1 Bob. My son has been pounding on my tablet since I loaded the first ROM. It is a lot faster than stock and is nowhere near as easy to load up with a lot of fast activity or taps like you can the stock ROM. I had the problem with the limited items in the Market but your delete 3 file and reboot fixed that problem, I see a TON of items now.

Comment

Working...
          X