Freelander PD800 RileyROM 1.3 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    That appears to be a bug in this latest firmware. Several people report that problem.

If everything else works, OK...you might look on Google Play Store for a live background you like.

I'll take a look and see if there is a solution on my end.
    All thanks for the information, I thought I'm crazy. The only question is why it works and others in a non

Comment

PD900

I was looking at the specs and the only difference I see between the pd800 and pd900 is the screen type and size. Does anyone know if this update will work on the pd900. I am having awful time with crashes on it. My 12 year old was so excited when he got it. I feel bad for him now. I already flashed it with the rileyrom 1.0 for the pd900 which fixed allot of the isses, but still crashes regularly, have to reset with the small pin hole which isn't manufacture quite right and if pin is inserted to far might short out the board. Thx Riley for all your great work!!!

Comment

I'm the new owner of a pd800 bought from ****.
        It came with this rom.
        The wifi is great! The best of the several chinatabs that I have owned.
        It ran smoothe until I loaded on a few programs. Now I get freezes and that's how things usually go on these devices for me.
        Unfortunately the battery life is only around 3 hours. According to "Android tuner" the gravity sensor is using about 46 percent of the awake battery usage! I guess I'm kinda out of luck on the warranty front but I'm going to contact my seller anyway.
        I'd love to have a tab that worked as well as my Samsung S3 phone!
        John C.

Comment

Originally posted by Anchovies View Post
          I was looking at the specs and the only difference I see between the pd800 and pd900 is the screen type and size. Does anyone know if this update will work on the pd900. I am having awful time with crashes on it. My 12 year old was so excited when he got it. I feel bad for him now. I already flashed it with the rileyrom 1.0 for the pd900 which fixed allot of the isses, but still crashes regularly, have to reset with the small pin hole which isn't manufacture quite right and if pin is inserted to far might short out the board. Thx Riley for all your great work!!!
          Plus one for this as well. I was unable to get the PD900 to flash with the version 1.0 PD900.

After hitting the "Reboot2flash" button the tablet turns off and "Nofound RKAndroid rock usb" on the screen

To recover I need to remove power and usb cable from tablet and wait 5 mins to power it back on.

I have tried this with usb debug off (as per the read me) and usb debug on (just in case).

All advice greatfully received.

Comment

Heyho, back again. Glad I did not sell the tab, 4.2.2 fixes all the issues with sticky GUI, it really feals like a new device. THANKS!!! (TouchOSC does not work anyhow, investigating in this..).

Sadly I run into massive problems with bootloops again. First everything seems fine, then system apps start to crash. On reboot blue balls are blinking forever. (Strange sidenote: After flashing it like 10th time now I suddenly lost root (might be caused by CWM restore)).

I know my bugreport is not really helpful.. to vague, but I had an idea: Since you do not have the device around I could offer you remote access to mine. I own a blackmagic capture device so it might be possible to see even output before android boots (gotta check if it outputs via HDMO before system is up). I would be happy to spend some hours pushing reset / reboot to recovery, everything else could be done by you either via VNC directly onto the device or via Splashtop onto my PC showing the HDMI output of the device. What do you think? We are just 1mm away from a really great device for just 200 bucks.

Comment

Awesome

Hi,

just want to let you know that the rom works great!!

The tablet with the stock rom (4.1.1) was prety bad, unpredictable crashes, poweroffs, lagging, unresponsiveness...
              With this rom it really feels like a different tablet, worthy of its 4 processor cores (before it felt like a single core...), the GUI is silky smooth, youtube playback is flawless at HD, WiFI & camera works as they should (haven't tested the BT yet although it seemed to turn on ok), everything else seems fine.
              The only slight bug is that the display brightness can't be turned down to the minimum, anything between 0 and about 30% is the same (30-100% works as you'd expect) which is a bit bright for night use. I have Screen filter installed so that's a workaround but it doesn't save the battery as it does on LED (the backlight is not dimmed). I don't know if this was the same limitation on stock rom but it would be great if it could be fixed...
              I've only tried it for a few hours so don't know the long term stability, with lots of apps... we'll see...

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the report.... I'm glad it's working well for you. I'm not sure what's up with the brightness control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

RKAndroidTool.exe not in the donwload

Hello, I cannot find the RKAndroidTool.exe in the download????

If I use the ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe I see mass storgae usb found, but when I hit the button Reboot2Flash I get Device cannot do switch because no drive.

Please help/advise.

My device has:

android 4.2.2
                  Kernel: 3.0.36+
                  Build: rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2 20130906
                  Last edited by duyve028; 12-28-2013, 10:49.

Comment

You need the rkbatchtool.

See if I included it in the ROM. It will be in a folder called alternate tool to....

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      You need the rkbatchtool.

See if I included it in the ROM. It will be in a folder called alternate tool to....

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4
                      It is in the folder. I will give it go

Comment

Originally posted by duyve028 View Post
                        It is in the folder. I will give it go
                        didn't work had problems with the rockusb drivers. Tried another computer with windows 7, mine has windows8 and it worked.

I propably have to return the tablet because it doesn't work on the battery. Tablet only runs with AC adapter plugged in...... Or does anyone know what to do????

Comment

Originally posted by duyve028 View Post
                          didn't work had problems with the rockusb drivers. Tried another computer with windows 7, mine has windows8 and it worked.

I propably have to return the tablet because it doesn't work on the battery. Tablet only runs with AC adapter plugged in...... Or does anyone know what to do????
                          Anybody any help about the battery problem or does anyone know how to open the tablet?

Comment

Hi There,

Just received my shiny new Freelander PD800 in the Post.

Everything seems to be working fine apart from the WIFI!!!!!!!

Worked the very first time and connected for about 2 mins then disconnected, now all I get is 'WIFI is turning on' but nothing else, does not get as far as scanning for networks. Noticed the unit getting hot during his time.

It's came with and is running Android 4.2.2.

Did anyone have and sort out this problem? Or can anyone suggest what I can do to try and fix it? Would it be a hardware issue or software?

Have tried a couple of factory resets and power off and on's. Occasionally it will find the network but then not connect and then back to 'WIFI is turning on' again.

Please help.
                            Many many thanks in advance.

Clive

EDIT: After flashing with this ROM I still have WIFI issue and now also have the Background wallpaper issue. Unable to select normal wallpaper only Live wallpapers!!
                            Last edited by clive_alive; 12-31-2013, 00:30.

Comment

Fixed my WIFI and Power on issues.......

Update to my last post......

Managed to fix my WIFI issue!!!

WIFI would get stuck when I try to turn it on.
                              Didn't want the hassle of sending it all the way back to HK from the UK (had to wait for ages for it to arrive in the 1st place) so I took the plunge and opened up the back of the tablet to have a look.

Quite easy to do, just undo the 2 small screws and ease it out of the case from the bottom corner, should pop out and then you can pop the rest out of the whole case. (no wires attach to the back of the case)

Anyhow, as soon as the tablet had no case the WIFI worked perfectly!!!!! I think the WIFI aerials are somehow shorting out on the case because as soon as I put the back back on I loose the WIFI again.

Gonna try and tape over the exposed ends with Electrical tape to see if my theories are correct. (will edit this when I give it a try)

My other issue was the tab would not turn on without the power adapter plugged in, it would NOT power on using the battery even though this showed as being full 100% charged.

After a lot of swearing and almost chucking the Tab across the room, I tried the following:

With the power lead in (and plugged into the wall) press the power button once, a battery icon appears with the plug symbol inside it which then quickly changes to just the battery icon, at this point I quickly removed the power lead and pressed and held the power button in for 5 long seconds. The Tablet then miraculously powered on under battery power and no power lead!!! WTF!! (WEIRD!!!! but TRUE!!!) I'm scared to turn the tab off now in case it don't come back on but at least it don't cut out anymore!!

Let me know if this works for anyone else!!

P.S. I still had the problem of not being able to set the Wallpaper other than Live Wallpapers so I reverted back to the Stock ROM and will use that for now.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Both of those issues are common.

When you pressed the power button for 5 seconds, you actually did a hard reset of the tablet. It might have solved your problem (fingers crossed)

Some people have replaced their antenna's with aftermarket antennas to enhance the reception. By shielding your cable...that may solve your problem. Since the case is metal, you might have a drop in reception again when you close the case again.

Are you having trouble with background screens with the main user account, or are using another user (with the multi-user feature)?

There may be a problem with the systemui.apk or the framework-res.apk preventing you from having a desktop background.

Have you noticed any firmware updates lately from Freelander?
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X