Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP! --- NEXTBOOK 7 run down please?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you believe we can?

Do you believe we can get a listing of kernel # and drivers with the model numbers as well?
    dmesg, lsmod or lshw if available should be able to figure out wifi drivers and softkey drivers....
    (#0811 Finless-1.4 with Broadcom wifi. Havent figured out softkeys driver, yet)

The reason why I ask is, if all of the different original 7p's have the same kernel, all of the
    drivers can be placed in the rom. The kernel will load the one needed. Has to be the same kernel to load the module needed. In effect, creating a universal rom. Eliminating the need for a seperate rom for each model. I think it would work on gingerbread, since there are enough stock rk2918 gb's out there. ICS would need kernel source though. Just a thought. Might make things easier....
    Last edited by kuazar; 09-18-2012, 03:23.
    "Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."- Morpheus
    nextbook7 #0811 with heavily modded finless 1.4
    huawei activa4g rooted, cwm, mihome

Comment

dmesg for YF031280371

Attached. I think.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nextbook 7P

YF121121570
        Android: 2.3.1 (Gingerbread)
        Kernel version: 2.6.32.27
        Build number: V2.0.24.GINGERBREAD.eng.root.20111125.180332_HW:2. 0.0.0.0

unrooted. mostly out of the box, with Google Market added. (only half works)

Comment

Nextbook 7 Premium 1211

I just replied to Kuazar's other thread and supplied everything except for the full serial number. It's YF121102596. I'm running Finless' 1.5 rom which works fine for the most part. I tried the Gingercomb 2.1 rom and it had some minor issues so I went back to 1.5. I'm willing to do any testing that will help, but I'm not a developer.

Thanks to all for your hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            OK guys, I think the nextbook 7 and all the models, serial numbers, etc is just out of control keeping track of what works on what and all the serial numbers / models

So I ask that people try to help others and reporting what serial number you have and what ROMs work.

I think we need a run down of this mess if you ask me?

So please report what you have, model like S, P, etc... and what your serial number is and what ROM works for you.

Bob
            HELLO
            I HAVE MENY SERIAL NEXTBOOK 7,8
            1,YF091211496
            2,YF111213864
            3,YF061205104
            4,YF071204057
            CAN U GIVE ME A FLASH TOOLS AND FIRMWARE

Comment

NextBook 7p12-8g

I recently purchased this tablet at walmart.

Model#: Next7P12-8G
              S/N: YFG111287001
              Firmware: 4.0.4
              Kernel: 2.6.34
              Build: IMM76I.v005

Hope this helps. I am also interested in de-bloating it and making it quicker.

Comment

I have been threw a few threads on rooting the nextboo 7's

Model: Next7P12
                Serial: YF101264287
                Android V:4.0.4
                kERNEL v:2.6.34 amlogic@droid #431
                Build: IMM761.v005

Comment

Walmart purchase Nextbook 7 Premium se 8gb
                  7" Capacitive Touch

Model#: Next7P12-8G
                  S/N: YFG1112101669
                  Processor: ARMv7 rev 4 (v71)
                  Hardware: AMLOGIC MESON3 8726M SKT SH
                  Android Version: 4.0.4
                  Kernel Version: 2.6.34 amlogic@droid #458 Tue Oct 23 12:45:03 CST 2012
                  Build: IMM76I.v005

Comment

Nextbook Premium 8 SE (Next8P12) - Big Lots' Black Friday Special

For the record:

Model#: Next8P12
                    S/N: YFG10121xxxx
                    Processor: AML8726-M3 Cortex A9 1GHz
                    Kernel Version: 2.6.34 amlogic@droid #269 Mon Sep 17 12:31:57 CST 2012
                    Build: v1.0.6.IMM76I.eng.root.20120917

For those of you who haven't found this yet, we have been working on rooting these devices for more than a month now. I finally have root on mine and Finless Bob is working on the system dumps I gave him to come up with a custom ROM. You can follow our progress here:
                    Nextbook Premium 8 SE (Next8P12) - * ROOTED * (Sold on ****)
                    AML8726-M3 Cortex A9 @ 1GHz

Nextbook Premium 8 HD (N0008HD8G) - * ROOTED *

Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) - STOCK (unfortunately)

Comment

Nextbook Premium 7 SE w/GP

Model #:Next7P12-8G
                      S/N: YFG03130XXXXX
                      Processor: AML8726-M3 ARM Cortex A9 1.0 GHz
                      Kernel Version: 2.6.34 amlogic@droid #56 Tues Feb 19 17:37:47 CST 2013
                      Build #: IMM76I.V005

Hope this helps, want to get rid of useless apps!

Bought at Walmart
                      NEXTBOOK NX700QC16G Rooted with updated firmware to allow 13GB App Space

Comment

Next7p12gp

stock rom
                        not rooted
                        SN# yfg0113XXXXX
                        android V. 4.0.4
                        Build #: imm761.v005
                        Kernel v.: 2.6.34
                        AMLOGIC@DROID #638
                        Wed Dec 26 13:03:59 CST 2012

Bought at big lot.

Thanks for all you do.

Comment

Bought at Walmart. This is my tablet also, Want to get rid of some bloatware and would like to increase the app memory,, from what I read in the other thread it can be rooted but I must have a G3 modem or something, which I don't. Hope someone figures out another way soon!Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mbjr73 View Post

Bought at Walmart. This is my tablet also, Want to get rid of some bloatware and would like to increase the app memory,, from what I read in the other thread it can be rooted but I must have a G3 modem or something, which I don't. Hope someone figures out another way soon!Thanks
                            Yeah, it requires a usb 3g modem and a OTG adapter cable, and I haven't gotten around to it yet considering my 3g service is spotty here (and not having the stuff on hand).
                            NEXTBOOK NX700QC16G Rooted with updated firmware to allow 13GB App Space

Comment

Nextbook 7 Premium YF101145###

Nextbook 7 Premium YF101145### Model No:NEXT7P
                              FCC ID:S7JNEXT7P
                              Serial number fits between the NextbookUSA updates "YF101133869-YF101134868" & "YF101148989-YF101152436"
                              The Wi-Fi update from NextbookUSA would not install.

Capacitive screen
                              Shipped with V2.3
                              1GHz Cortex A8
                              Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
                              Full Size SD card socket
                              G Sensor
                              4Gig Internal
                              800x480 Screen
                              Only hardware button is on off switch and reset through hole in back.
                              What look like 4 capacitive buttons off screen across the bottom next to the charge LED.
                              No camera, No Mic, No volume control hardware switch.
                              Has headphone socket and micro USB socket.
                              Brought in New Zealand on 1 day deal (Purchase 23 Nov 2011), turned out it came direct from China invoice date 2 Dec 2011.
                              Manufacture date Oct 2011.

Soon after we got it it started having issues where it would lock up after 1.5hrs use. Reset fixed it.
                              Then after about 3 months got into boot cycle and wouldn't finish booting, only way to stop it was to let it run out of battery.
                              NextbookUSA said would send replacement only to USA address and no firmware available to fix it (sounded like known issue).
                              Got hold of Dinodirect in China eventually, they said they would send replacement if I sent a video of the fault.
                              Did that, then said they would send replacement if got it checked by local computer shop.
                              I did that then they said I had to send it back to China.
                              Freight was nearly cost of Tablet so didn't send it.
                              From the emails & online chat with Dinodirect it seemed its not an uncommon problem, but Dinodirect changed the goalposts to avoid replacing it, they knew freight would stop me sending it back.

Gave up until now (May 2013) then found some updates for Nextbooks having found the Nextbook in a clean out.

First I found:
                              "update EFUN Nextbook Premium 7 SE.img"
                              This booted, no Wi-Fi or 4 bottom buttons working, was relieved there was hope, didn't record what version it was.

Then DochoppyRomv2.0
                              This worked but the bottom 4 buttons did not work nor Wi-Fi.

Then Found the ROM "Finless" from member "joshendy" ICS, this sounded the same hardware as mine except V4 (ICS), These V4/ICS Nextbooks have started to be remarketed in New Zealand recently.

Nextbook 7P1N ICS Stock Un-rooted ROM by Finless (200 megs)
                              Started with the beta, and the 4 bottom buttons and Wi-Fi didn't work.

Now I have 4.03 kenal 3.08+
                              Build number V1.03.IML74K.eng
                              root.20120412.144235_HW:2.0.0.
                              This works well fast as including the 4 buttons with the little on it.
                              Except still no Wi-Fi.

All we use it for is browsing the web so with no Wi-Fi and its no good to us.
                              Would be happy with a copy of the original working version of 2.3 for the same Tablet so long as Wi-Fi worked.

Thank you very much ro Finless as at least its not a paper weight LOL

Comment

alternative wifi ...

There is a Finless rooted rom for serials #1011. You should try these and see if the wifi works. There is also an #0811 custom rom. I have a Next7p with serial #0511. It has the same wifi as #0811 and appears to be the same rom. Later roms definitely have different wifi.

Comment

Working...
                                X