Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Parameter Patches for Nextbook NX785QC8G (Support Thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It still says "Updating partition details..." And reflashing the ROM failed (If by that you mean installing the TWRP zip). After it says "Error flashing zip" it says "Updating partition details..."
    I think I have bad luck with technology :/

Edit: So I turned it off and it said there was no Root was installed. So I installed it and turned it back on. The OS still won't load and the TWRP says there's no OS. But the messages have changed to:
    Updating partition details...
    Full SELinux support is present
    MTP Enabled

Edit2: So I went to turn it off again and it says The device does not appear to be rooted. Install SuperSU now? I will for now to turn it off. But won't do anything else.
    Last edited by RukatheBlackfish; 05-27-2015, 08:28.

Comment

Originally posted by RukatheBlackfish View Post
      It still says "Updating partition details..." And reflashing the ROM failed (If by that you mean installing the TWRP zip). After it says "Error flashing zip" it says "Updating partition details..."
      I think I have bad luck with technology :/

Edit: So I turned it off and it said there was no Root was installed. So I installed it and turned it back on. The OS still won't load and the TWRP says there's no OS. But the messages have changed to:
      Updating partition details...
      Full SELinux support is present
      MTP Enabled

Edit2: So I went to turn it off again and it says The device does not appear to be rooted. Install SuperSU now? I will for now to turn it off. But won't do anything else.

Have you tried flashing this: http://www.freak-tab.de/ShaunMT/NX78...052714-ZIP.zip

I believe flashing that version of the ROM should resolve your issues.

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

So the install went fine, I can restart fine and it doesn't say no OS anymore. But it appears to be freeze during boot up. Am I not waiting long enough? It does the animated Nextbook but then it goes to plain text and stays like that.

Comment

So the install went fine, I can restart fine and it doesn't say no OS anymore. But it appears to be freeze during boot up. Am I not waiting long enough? It does the animated Nextbook but then it goes to plain text and stays like that.
          Does the plain text say anything useful?

I'd probably do a factory reset from recovery to wipe data and cache...

If that doesn't fix it, I would flash the parameter patch again, then if it still doesn't boot, flash the ROM again.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

(It was just the Nextbook load screen. It just sat there without the animated Nextbook text)
            Thank you for being patient and helping me out so much! I really appreciate it! Hopefully my ordeal will help people if they run into problems.
            It worked! I changed the partition space, it said it failed, but when the OS loaded it gave me a little less then 2gbs for apps, so it had to have worked. The OS seems a bit different, but that's probably because it's the OS you had me install. I like it a bit better, it's more condensed. I just had two questions.
            If my tablet alerts me of any updates should I do them or just ignore it?
            Before I go installing any apps and stuff, if I wanted to give it a bit more space it shouldn't be a problem right?

Comment

(It was just the Nextbook load screen. It just sat there without the animated Nextbook text)
              Thank you for being patient and helping me out so much! I really appreciate it! Hopefully my ordeal will help people if they run into problems.
              It worked! I changed the partition space, it said it failed, but when the OS loaded it gave me a little less then 2gbs for apps, so it had to have worked. The OS seems a bit different, but that's probably because it's the OS you had me install. I like it a bit better, it's more condensed. I just had two questions.
              If my tablet alerts me of any updates should I do them or just ignore it?
              Before I go installing any apps and stuff, if I wanted to give it a bit more space it shouldn't be a problem right?
              If you choose to flash a different parameter file to change the size of your data and sd card partitions again, it should backup and restore your system, but I believe it will wipe your data partition, so you may have to reinstall apps. If anything goes wrong, you should be able to recover the same way you did to fix your previous issue.

The ROM I suggested you install is a slightly modified version of the official stock update for your model.

It is extremely unlikely that there will be any future official OS updates for your device, and even less likely that will be distributed over the air. In the event that an official OS update is released, I would not recommend installing it, as you would most likely loose root access and may not be able to get it back. If an official update is released, come back to Freaktab and look for a new modified version.

It should always be safe to update your downloaded apps.

If you have any further questions, post them somewhere in here in the forums and either myself or another user should be able to assist you.

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Shaun I got a problem with my nextbook tablet I was able to install your 4gb parameter patch and the custom rom.. Now it leaves me 1.55gb of internal sd storage ... Would it be possible to install apps on my 32gb external sdcard instead of the internal?? I have tried different things like changing the value of the fstab file but its not working

Shan if there's really no way we can do it.. Is it OK if you can create a 3gb parameter patch for my tablet nextbook Nx785qc8g same as the parameter patches that you upload please make a 3gb version

Comment

Originally posted by Xprime View Post
                  Shaun I got a problem with my nextbook tablet I was able to install your 4gb parameter patch and the custom rom.. Now it leaves me 1.55gb of internal sd storage ... Would it be possible to install apps on my 32gb external sdcard instead of the internal?? I have tried different things like changing the value of the fstab file but its not working

Shan if there's really no way we can do it.. Is it OK if you can create a 3gb parameter patch for my tablet nextbook Nx785qc8g same as the parameter patches that you upload please make a 3gb version
                  I think it should be possible to swap the internal and external sd card mount points, but I've never tried it or done any testing. You would have to search for instructions. (I know there are lots of discussions about this around the web.) There might also be some apps in the play store that could help with this.

I could make a 3GB data size patch, but I wouldn't be able to get to it anytime soon. My new job and a double college course load are kicking my ass right now.

You would probably be happier if you could figure out how to swap the partition mountpoints anyhow. If you do have any success, please open a new thread and write about it. A lot of people ask about this all the time.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                    I think it should be possible to swap the internal and external sd card mount points, but I've never tried it or done any testing. You would have to search for instructions. (I know there are lots of discussions about this around the web.) There might also be some apps in the play store that could help with this.

I could make a 3GB data size patch, but I wouldn't be able to get to it anytime soon. My new job and a double college course load are kicking my ass right now.

You would probably be happier if you could figure out how to swap the partition mountpoints anyhow. If you do have any success, please open a new thread and write about it. A lot of people ask about this all the time.

ShaunMT

Shaun I'm trying it.. But I can't find the vold.fstab file that they were telling to edit.. The only fstab file that I see is fstab.rk30board file I've been trying to edit it but the changes that I'm doing are being reverted after I reboot the device

By the way bro, I tried to use the stock and 2gb parameter patch but its not working.. Here's how it goes I applied the patch ad reinstalled the modified rom then then it says its successful. Then when I'm going to reboot the tablet after the installation it freezes on the nextbook loading page.. Only the 4gb patch works for me.

Comment

Shaun I'm trying it.. But I can't find the vold.fstab file that they were telling to edit.. The only fstab file that I see is fstab.rk30board file I've been trying to edit it but the changes that I'm doing are being reverted after I reboot the device
                      Google dropped the vold.fstab files in Android 4.3 and newer.

Some devices have a build.prop line for swapping internal and external sdcards: persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0 (Change to 1 to enable swap)

I don't know if that works on this device.

Theoretically, It can also be done by writing a script to manually unmount the desired partitions and remount them at the swapped paths and placing it in the init.d folder so that it will run on every boot. I'm sure you can find examples of this on the web, you'd just have to substitute the correct mountpoints for your device.

The fstab.rk30board file is located inside the boot.img. You can't edit anything in the boot image without making a new ROM. You would have to take the boot.img apart, edit it, put it back together, pack it into a new ROM and flash it. Changing the fstab.rk30board file would also require making a new recovery to match it. Way too much work and stuff to learn for what you are trying to accomplish.

By the way bro, I tried to use the stock and 2gb parameter patch but its not working.. Here's how it goes I applied the patch ad reinstalled the modified rom then then it says its successful. Then when I'm going to reboot the tablet after the installation it freezes on the nextbook loading page.. Only the 4gb patch works for me.
                      The data and sdcard partitions have to be wiped after switching parameter patches. The installer is supposed to wipe them for you, but if it fails to boot, you might have to reboot to recovery and wipe them manually. If you encounter the same issue, wipe the data and sdcard partitions manually. Then, if it still doesn't boot, install the .zip version of the ROM again.

Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Google dropped the vold.fstab files in Android 4.3 and newer.

Some devices have a build.prop line for swapping internal and external sdcards: persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0 (Change to 1 to enable swap)

I don't know if that works on this device.

Theoretically, It can also be done by writing a script to manually unmount the desired partitions and remount them at the swapped paths and placing it in the init.d folder so that it will run on every boot. I'm sure you can find examples of this on the web, you'd just have to substitute the correct mountpoints for your device.

The fstab.rk30board file is located inside the boot.img. You can't edit anything in the boot image without making a new ROM. You would have to take the boot.img apart, edit it, put it back together, pack it into a new ROM and flash it. Changing the fstab.rk30board file would also require making a new recovery to match it. Way too much work and stuff to learn for what you are trying to accomplish.

The data and sdcard partitions have to be wiped after switching parameter patches. The installer is supposed to wipe them for you, but if it fails to boot, you might have to reboot to recovery and wipe them manually. If you encounter the same issue, wipe the data and sdcard partitions manually. Then, if it still doesn't boot, install the .zip version of the ROM again.

It's way too much for me to do bro. I might broke my device.. maybe i just have to wait for the 3gb version of the parameter patch.. I am really not that good when it comes to this things I'm just a gamer bro.

About changing parameters.. just to clarify.. Here's what I have to do as you mention on the quote

1.use TWRP to manually wipe the device
                        2.apply the parameter patch (stock, 2 GB, or 4 GB)
                        3. reinstall your modified ROM using TWRP and reboot

Is this correct??

Because what I've tried is the step 2 and 3 only I've skipped the first step and that is when I've experience

Comment

Originally posted by Xprime View Post
                          About changing parameters.. just to clarify.. Here's what I have to do as you mention on the quote

1.use TWRP to manually wipe the device
                          2.apply the parameter patch (stock, 2 GB, or 4 GB)
                          3. reinstall your modified ROM using TWRP and reboot

Is this correct??

Because what I've tried is the step 2 and 3 only I've skipped the first step and that is when I've experience
                          Theoretically, you shouldn't have to do anything except flash the new parameter patch and reboot, but it doesn't seem to work right everytime so...
                          1. First flash the parameter patch and reboot...
                          2. If it doesn't boot, reboot to recovery and wipe data and cache and reformat the internal sdcard. Then reboot again.
                          3. If it still doesn't boot, reboot to recovery and reinstall the ROM.
                          4. It should boot at that point, but if it doesn't, reboot to recovery and wipe the data and cache and reformat the internal sdcard again.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Theoretically, you shouldn't have to do anything except flash the new parameter patch and reboot, but it doesn't seem to work right everytime so...
                            1. First flash the parameter patch and reboot...
                            2. If it doesn't boot, reboot to recovery and wipe data and cache and reformat the internal sdcard. Then reboot again.
                            3. If it still doesn't boot, reboot to recovery and reinstall the ROM.
                            4. It should boot at that point, but if it doesn't, reboot to recovery and wipe the data and cache and reformat the internal sdcard again.

ShaunMT

Ok will try that shaun..

I'll be waiting for the 3gb version thanks man.

Comment

Shaun.. changing parameter patch steps you've given works! Thanks man..

Hmm.. bro can you teach me how to create a 3 GB parameter patch..

the file size of the parameter patches are not that big.. so it seems to be a very small file or a text document that I can edit?? is that correct??

Comment

Hello
                                Just joined due to my nextbook getting stuck on finger logo. Have tried rebooting both ways. Downloaded TWRP SMT_next7p12-8g-NXM727MC_MW. zip but when i put sd card into tablet i can not "swipe to confirm" anything. No OS installed. PLEASE help a total newbe... i know figures. I have found an old post but the "LINKS" are no longer supported. So please in "laymans" terms, can u help me. Thanks for your time
                                It is a nextbook 7p12-8g NXM727MC / AMLOGIC 8726-M3 serial# YF121310652

Comment

Working...
                                X