• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may post attachments
    • You may edit your posts

I just assumed since I saw this at the bottom of the page, it says I may not post new threads

Comment

Please try to make a new thread for me and lets make sure I do not have a setting wrong.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I really hate to sound like an idiot (even though I am) but I am unsure how to start a new thread.

Comment

7p12-8g

Same with me, I can not create new threads. My activation e-mail finally came threw 2 days later.

Anyways, I have the Nextbook 7p12-8g.

How can we get this one modded? This is my daughters x-mas gift and it sucks that it won't root? If you can start a new thread for the 7p12-8g. My serial is YFG1112 instead of the 1211 like I been seeing all over the forums I would be happy to post in that thread.

If you need full remote desktop access or full remote access to the nextbook, please let me know.

Thanks
          Last edited by BillMan; 12-30-2012, 22:39.

Comment

Noob Rooter for Next7P12

I am an absolute noob at rooting. I just downloaded the Rom from this thread. I got my7 Inch Nextbook 7P SE With Capactive Touch Screen for Christmas. Serial number YF0912. I want to install this rom but want to make sure it will work with my tablet version. Anyone have any idea if this version is safe? Thanks alot!

This model was sold at Hasting's: http://www.gohastings.com/product/EL.../287370067.uts

Update: I finished downloading and was looking at instructions. My tablet doesn't have a pinhole reset. You have to hold down both volumes buttons to make the computer see it but the drivers supplied are not recognized for this device. Does that mean this tablet can't be rooted with this threads rom? Help!
            Last edited by papamark; 12-30-2012, 04:20.

Comment

same issue

Originally posted by papamark View Post
              I am an absolute noob at rooting. I just downloaded the Rom from this thread. I got my7 Inch Nextbook 7P SE With Capactive Touch Screen for Christmas. Serial number YF0912. I want to install this rom but want to make sure it will work with my tablet version. Anyone have any idea if this version is safe? Thanks alot!

This model was sold at Hasting's: http://www.gohastings.com/product/EL.../287370067.uts

Update: I finished downloading and was looking at instructions. My tablet doesn't have a pinhole reset. You have to hold down both volumes buttons to make the computer see it but the drivers supplied are not recognized for this device. Does that mean this tablet can't be rooted with this threads rom? Help!
              i have the same serial and no reset pinhole.. is there any updates on this?

Comment

Originally posted by schusler View Post
                i have the same serial and no reset pinhole.. is there any updates on this?
                NO.... Sorry....

No reset pin hole and you have AMlogic device!

PLEASE hammer Nextbook.com with Emails about this fact!

They are IDIOTS to sign the loader so we cannot make ROMs.

YOU ARE STUCK until they release a ROM.

Bob

Comment

Nextbook 7p12-8g

Just wondering if you know when they are supposed to make a ROM for this? I know they have a netflix update, that should of the signature inside it?

Comment

Nextbook 7P12 SE WO/Pinhole and Is AMLogic Device

I hunted the net and found the AMLogic Drivers that recognizes my device! The AML Flash program sees it as well.

I downloaded the drivers and software from here: http://www.lokumrom.com/index.php/Using_AML_Flash
                    The direct link to the flash program and files is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?hf8d1v08a4diw

I did not flash my tablet. NOTE FOR OTHER NOOBS: The rom provided is for a TOTALY DIFFERENT TABLET. Do not flash your tablet with the rom in the link in my post! The main point is that the drivers for the Next7P12 with AM Logic Device and no pin hole reset is provided as well as a flash program.

How I detected my tablet:
                    I am on a PC using Win7 64bit. I was already logged into my PC. I turned off tablet, then plugged usb cable into computer and tablet. Then I pressed the UP Volume Button and Power Button and held them till the computer recognized that I had the tablet connected. It shows up under device manager with a "!". I followed the instructions from Lokumrom link on installing drivers from the folder of the downloaded files. Windows said it wasn't digitally signed. I continued and the device was recognized. When I run the flash program it recognized my tablet on a port. When the tablet is not connnected the flashprogram sees no device on any ports. To get into the update mode, you turn off tablet, hold Up and Down button and the tablet will turn on in update mode.

Finless, does this help in anyway?

Now that my device is recognized, is there anyway to download my tablet rom so it can be edited? I am willing to download and put it up on the net so others can work on this rom. I just need to know how to do it. I have the Android SDK downloaded and have messed with the adb commands in DOS and installed apk's on another brand tablet this way. Or can I still use your rom? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Papa

Comment

Unfortunately my tablet is a MX AMlogic and the flash tool does not work with my device. So I cannot even play with the flash tool to see what it is capable of. But yes I have downloaded all that stuff and tried. It will not find my tablet and in fact I cannot even put it in this "mode" so I can install drivers.

But reading about this tool it does not dump ROMs. Only flashes them.

However progress was made yesterday on rooting this. See this post. We may have a ROM soon:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ogic-root-WORK!

Bob

Comment

Help Pls

Managed to flash rom fine but my screen is now off to one side
                        is there a way to fix this if not how do i go about flashing it back to factory
                        pls help this is my 6 yr olds xmas present starting to feel like a bad dad that broke her toy
                        Just realized i didnt tick the loader box so reflashed with it ticked but still no better
                        help pls
                        Last edited by voodo0; 01-09-2013, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by voodo0 View Post
                          Managed to flash rom fine but my screen is now off to one side
                          is there a way to fix this if not how do i go about flashing it back to factory
                          pls help this is my 6 yr olds xmas present starting to feel like a bad dad that broke her toy
                          Just realized i didnt tick the loader box so reflashed with it ticked but still no better
                          help pls
                          Was this bought from The Warehouse and has a serial number similar to YF111XXXXXX? I currently have the same problem with the screen off to one side as well. At least for me, the stock roms for the "Next7p12" don't work on the "Next7p12" from The Warehouse as it appears these have slightly different hardware. I tried over 15 Netbook roms and they either didn't boot or had the screen offset. Since the android debug bridge doesn't work on these tablets and no root exploits work on them, there is no way to get the stock rom off, meaning they can't be restored to the stock rom. I'm just waiting for Nextbook to push out an update, then the rom will be able to be downloaded from the Netbook website. The htc calibration tool helps a little bit with the touch offset.

Comment

Help Pls

Hey yep i did buy it from the warehouse also tried flashing with different roms but no luck
                            as i had only had the tablet a week returned it same a faulty item and was given another one as a replacement
                            All i really wanna do is overclock it a wee bit not to worried about the custom roms as its for my 6 yr old just think it could do with a bit more power is there a way to just root factory rom so it can be over clocked
                            and do u still have docket im sure u could do a swap
                            How do u find the tablet u had any other issues with it?

Comment

Nextbook has changed the screen on the new tablets WITHOUT changing the name of the table or a revision so you know.

WARNING TO EVERYONE! DO NOT FLASH A ROM UNLESS THE SERIAL NUMBER MATCHES THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ROM!

Nextbook is notorious for making changes without documenting them.

Bob

Comment

screen change

so is there a way to fix this ??
                                cheers for the reply finless

Comment

Working...
                                X