Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] yet another m7pro ROM

Hi,
    please find enclosed my very first tentative to build a full firmware from a stable kernel and from Android source code.

Please consider having a look at it mainly for test purpose and be aware that this is for now a work in progress.
    My goal is to identify any existing issue, qualify them and see if all of them can be fixed.

I use no kitchen tool and I dunot intend to learn to use them; I will rely on the freaktab top gun rom cookers here to support me either in doing the tricks on the source level or let them do their magic on the packed flashable images.

edit : 27 march publication...
    https://mega.co.nz/#!sxxXiDRY!E7GpTf...VNRSgIGJeNiyfE

inludes : root (supersu apk & su binaries)
    excludes : calculator app

Linux and windows versions of flashing tool to use for this firmware

Last edited by raxy; 03-28-2015, 07:22. Reason: upload ready

Originally posted by raxy View Post
    Hi,
    please find enclosed my very first tentative to build a full firmware from a stable kernel and from Android source code.

Please consider having a look at it mainly for test purpose and be aware that this is for now a work in progress.
    My goal is to identify any existing issue, qualify them and see if all of them can be fixed.

I use no kitchen tool and I dunot intend to learn to use them; I will rely on the freaktab top gun rom cookers here to support me either in doing the tricks on the source level or let them do their magic on the packed flashable images.

http://www.freak-tab.de/raxy/system.rr27kern-rock44.img
    Is the GPS working with your rom? I m looking for a solution for my rom (CM11 on M9PRO)

Comment

I'll be testing this tomorrow....and possibly add a little magic.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

to emass:

at least GPS is willing to turn on in this ROM,
        I had no opportunity to test it outside buildings for now.

to all:

this is Android 4.4.4,
        mixed with kernel from "rriley rom 2.7" which for me is more valuable that the ones in "rriley rom 3.x"
        it is not rooted (Randy, please ...)

I flashed it on my tablet using upgrade_tool under linux,
        I guess same tool and command are avail on Windows, or let's just wait for Randy's "reprocessing".

tks

Comment

Here is the current todo list :

-1 root (with a kitchen tools then right from sources) DONE
          -2 upgrade gstore, gmaps
          -3 include a decent file explorer, aptoide, nova launcher, titanium backup root, GPS test, opera, quick Reboot; remove email Finally, I will not preload any apk until I understand how to make them uninstallable
          -4 make popup volume and backlight appear in mxplayer I was wrong, its OK in fact
          -5 replace calc, sound recorder DONE
          -6 turn camera image -90° : now fixed, will be in next release
          -7 bigger system font : will not change the default as is user selectable in settings
          -8 make front camera selectable : now fixed, will be in next release
          -9 fix eventual GPS issues (faster sat sig fix)
          -A fix device name in Android about (DONE)
          -B fix go to sleep each time power is removed

fell free to suggest other sexy complements (but not too exotic)

Legend : DONE, now in release #2 published on 27 march (see top post)

(continued in post #12 below)
          Last edited by raxy; 05-28-2015, 07:49.

Comment

I like to keep it simple. I let the user doll it up to their own taste.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

You'll see, this firmware is really lean and its embeeded apk are unappealing.

I you explain me how you root and add sexiness to it, then I'll try to implement your magics even before the different files are packed into this big .img

Comment

I'm having trouble unpacking your img file....I've sent you some PM's.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Has someone tried to flash it ?
                  Don't be shy, come on....
                  tks

Comment

I've tried Wendal's tool and AFPTool to unpack the image. Both failed.

I tried signing the image with rkcrc...no go.

I tried loading the image in the RKBatchTool....failed.

Something's wrong with the way it's packed, I'm afraid.

I saw the script you sent me, but I don't see anything in it that sticks out as a problem.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

• to all:

flash the .img using UF command inside of upgrade_tool, (has it a windows equivalent ? I do not know, mine on linux is v1.16),
                      cf http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...t=upgrade_tool

• to ROM devs,

using rkflashkit http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...t=upgrade_tool on linux (or maybe windows) and connecting a previously flashed tablet with the .img, you will be able to extract any partition you want -
                      inc bootloader - and try to re-cook a derived ROM.

parametre contains all this :

Code:
                      FIRMWARE_VER:4.4.2
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]MACHINE_MODEL:rk30sdk[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]MACHINE_ID:007[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]MAGIC: 0x5041524B[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]ATAG: 0x60000800[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]MACHINE: 3066[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]CHECK_MASK: 0x80[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]#RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0[/FONT][/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=courier new]CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00002000@0x00002000(misc),0x00006000@0x00004000(kernel),0x0000A000@0x0000A000(boot),0x00012000@0x00014000(recovery),0x00020000@0x00026000(backup),0x00040000@0x00046000(cache),0x00002000@0x00086000(metadata),0x00002000@0x00088000 (kpanic),0x00180000@0x0008A000(system),-@0x0020A000(userdata)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Good luck !
                      Last edited by raxy; 03-15-2015, 16:58.

Comment

Other change I would also have in future revisions:
                        (continued from post #5 before)

-C better recovery : use for ex. TWRP 2.8.5.x
                        -D make it flashable from TWRP instead of only from upgrade_tool (maybe it will be straightforward ... but I am trying to install manually TWRP and I have no positive result yet).
                        -E make external sd card writable

.. to be continued
                        Last edited by raxy; 03-21-2015, 08:40. Reason: renumber todos

Comment

Raxy, is there any way in your process to zip all of the image files I listed above separately...before the full image is compiled?
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            Raxy, is there any way in your process to zip all of the image files I listed above separately...before the full image is compiled?
                            Probably, yes.

I had suggested you to flash the big img then extract the different partition, but you seem to prefer that I upload the partitions,
                            I can do that, hopefully tomorrow.

As I wanted to install a twrp recovery, something went wrong and I cannot boot into recovery anymore (I stil can boot android normally though).

Comment

I know you are frustrated with me...sorry.

The reason I prefer the stripped out partitions is because I can change one partition and just flash it by itself for testing...like recovery and boot. It is also the only way to produce multiple parameter files with various user app space sizes. Some people like 2, 4, 6, 8 or 12gb user app space. Plus, I've started making an alternate boot.img that swaps internal and external SD as an option.

I don't know if it's my VirtualBox installation or what...but I've never been able to flash from Ubuntu. I prefer just using the good ole flash tool from Windows.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X