Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED September 20, 2013!![ROM]Elektricity ROM (703C)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x2rider View Post
    Oh btw what is the procedure for screen capture?
    You know-I never bothered to check into that....I'll start looking into that now...probably would be helpful huh?
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

just flashed all three of the 701C tablets that I got, we'll see....

Comment

first I would like to say thank you for the time/effort you put into compiling this rom for us! Now I have a question for you - I see you said you purposely set this rom up to spoof the device into thinking its a Nexus to make more apps available....well it has actually done the opposite for me. I've had this tab about a month now and was following this thread and then last night I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to ICS with your rom. Now there are apps that I use to have that I cannot get with this version. is there any way I can modify this?

Comment

Originally posted by kenundrem View Post
          first I would like to say thank you for the time/effort you put into compiling this rom for us! Now I have a question for you - I see you said you purposely set this rom up to spoof the device into thinking its a Nexus to make more apps available....well it has actually done the opposite for me. I've had this tab about a month now and was following this thread and then last night I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to ICS with your rom. Now there are apps that I use to have that I cannot get with this version. is there any way I can modify this?
          Easy enough. you could either edit the build.prop you have or just drop back the original (Link below).

Last edited by elektrik; 12-12-2012, 20:32.

Comment

ok I will look into that thank you for the quick response! do you know anything about the Gallery app not syncing to Picasa web albums with this version of ICS? Ive read elsewhere that it is a carrier dependent option to include this function. With the original gingerbread rom that can preloaded I had the option to sync my google account with my picasa albums and it would all show up in the gallery. I found a fix on a different forum for a different device they recommend flashing an older version of gallery...do you know anything about this by chance?

Comment

ok I will look into that thank you for the quick response! do you know anything about the Gallery app not syncing to Picasa web albums with this version of ICS? Ive read elsewhere that it is a carrier dependent option to include this function. With the original gingerbread rom that can preloaded I had the option to sync my google account with my picasa albums and it would all show up in the gallery. I found a fix on a different forum for a different device they recommend flashing an older version of gallery...do you know anything about this by chance?
              I don't! never heard of this or even tried it. wouldn't be too hard for me extract the gb apk and stick it in ICS....

I'll see when I can do that and post the 'old' apk here if you're interested in testing it.

Comment

Does this ROM work with the PTAB7xc? I've been trying to flash it with no luck, as if the Livesuit doesnn't recognize the .img . I was however able to flash your modified 703 ROM. Thanks for the help and your hard work!

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                  I don't! never heard of this or even tried it. wouldn't be too hard for me extract the gb apk and stick it in ICS....

I'll see when I can do that and post the 'old' apk here if you're interested in testing it.
                  edit @ 5:17pm I just installed the old GalleryGoogle.apk file and it works fine...however I cant figure out how to get rid of the one that came preloaded - I found it in Astro but when I click delete it wont delete when I click rename it wont rename and I cant remove it from my app drawer as of now there are 2 items in my app drawer named Gallery...one of them syncs to my picasa shared pictures the other one doesnt. any ideas? I would be happy to send you the apk I have if you want to include it in your rom
                  Last edited by kenundrem; 12-12-2012, 22:19.

Comment

I've been running into a problem where upon restarting or shutting down and starting up the tablet I just get the big blue "Internet Tablet" screen with the earth. Reflashing this firmware doesn't fix it, I have to flash back to 2.3 THEN flash back to this one and it will boot up again (but I've had to wipe the device in the mean time). So far this has happened twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PolaroidTabUser View Post
                      Does this ROM work with the PTAB7xc? I've been trying to flash it with no luck, as if the Livesuit doesnn't recognize the .img . I was however able to flash your modified 703 ROM. Thanks for the help and your hard work!
                      You should not be flashing elektricity rom-you'll note the title says "PMID701C/I X10" ;-)

I think I'll change it to "PMID701C/I X10 ONLY" :-)

Comment

edit @ 5:17pm I just installed the old GalleryGoogle.apk file and it works fine...however I cant figure out how to get rid of the one that came preloaded - I found it in Astro but when I click delete it wont delete when I click rename it wont rename and I cant remove it from my app drawer as of now there are 2 items in my app drawer named Gallery...one of them syncs to my picasa shared pictures the other one doesnt. any ideas? I would be happy to send you the apk I have if you want to include it in your rom
                        If you could, sure-that would be easier than me having to deconstruct the live suite GB image and pull it that way.

As for the apk, there's two places you could look: /system/app and /data/app. I'd use ES File Explorer, only cause I'm familiar with it.

Comment

Originally posted by s'pht View Post
                          I've been running into a problem where upon restarting or shutting down and starting up the tablet I just get the big blue "Internet Tablet" screen with the earth. Reflashing this firmware doesn't fix it, I have to flash back to 2.3 THEN flash back to this one and it will boot up again (but I've had to wipe the device in the mean time). So far this has happened twice.
                          Interesting-I haven't had that problem ever. When you flash it, are you following the live suite instructions to a 't' (especially the part about reformatting every time you flash the image)?

You say this has happened twice. How long did you wait before you saw the lock screen? Could it have been the boot right after you've installed an app or two possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                            If you could, sure-that would be easier than me having to deconstruct the live suite GB image and pull it that way.
                            http://www.mediafire.com/?5fb1qhh6fpk638g That is the older file for GoogleGallery. I left it named as is and it works just fine as soon as I added it the option to sync my photos was added under Accounts---->Sync. The current file is called Gallery2.apk and is located in the folder system/media.

Comment

http://www.mediafire.com/?5fb1qhh6fpk638g That is the older file for GoogleGallery. I left it named as is and it works just fine as soon as I added it the option to sync my photos was added under Accounts---->Sync. The current file is called Gallery2.apk and is located in the folder system/media.
                              /system/media??? weird! and you can't delete huh? i'll have to play with picassa on my tablet.....

Comment

So, I found the reason some apps were unavailable: they require permissions for gps and other stuff (mostly for ads). The solution is to lie about what hardware is supported http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/3062...-missing-apps/

the attached files (in a zip) need to go into /system/etc/permissions - overwriting the ones that are there. You also need to clear the data on the Play Store app and (probably) clear the /cache partition too. I put those in there, with the nexus 7'd build.prop that is in this rom by default and I can install all of the apps I've tried so far (like Jetpack Joyride, Angry Birds and Androsensor)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X