Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that's something we didn't test...since I don't normally use bluetooth. In fact, I actually forgot this tablet even had bluetooth installed.

As I said in post #1, the base for this ROM was from an Oma Rocks firmware for the Aussiepad. It looks like bluetooth support didn't carry over.

I'll look into this, but bluetooth is a difficult feature to port. I've since passed my N101 down to my son who uses it extensively, so I can't really test it right now.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I guess that's something we didn't test...since I don't normally use bluetooth. In fact, I actually forgot this tablet even had bluetooth installed.

As I said in post #1, the base for this ROM was from an Oma Rocks firmware for the Aussiepad. It looks like bluetooth support didn't carry over.

I'll look into this, but bluetooth is a difficult feature to port. I've since passed my N101 down to my son who uses it extensively, so I can't really test it right now.

That's nice, please do not forget to take a look at the HDMI issue, too This is one of the best ROMs out there and the only one with Android 4.2.2, it's a pity not to support all hw functions.

Thanks

Comment

A Bit help needed.

Hi mate, how are you doing? long time since I was here. I have tried to flash your new ROM ver 128. During the flashing of the ROM. I got an error in Red saying download failed. I tried to reboot and the tablet went in to recovery mode then it rebooted. It started to load then the screen with the Android icon changed and became split in two with two pinkish icons and then nada. Any suggestions? Its now my wife's tablet and I can see I am now in a world of shit with the misses lol.

All the Best Bob

Kind regards

Res

Comment

The red download failure is usually caused by a bad USB connection.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Thanks mate,

I will try a different USB lead and a different port. I was starting to think that the hard drive was fafailing
            Your website is now looking great mate.

well done.

Res.

Comment

The red download failure is usually caused by a bad USB connection.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4
              Hi,

I tried a different USB lead and a different port and it has installed fine. Very impressed with the ROM. It is very responsive and so far its all working well. The only issues that I am currently having is charging the unit, however this seems to be an ongoing issue with the N101.

If you have any suggestions as how to sort out this issue I would be most grateful. I have had a thought and will try it today. I propose putting it in to flash mode and see if that will work, however, if you can suggest any other method I would be most grateful.

Res

Comment

We have been discussing this problem for quite a while in these threads.

Kernel 135 is the problem. It breaks the battery database.

Here is how Finless and I discovered how to solve it:

Finless: I think I have it solved. It was kernel 135 that comes with this ROM.
                I now seem to be working on kernel 128 but I had to flash to kernel 21 first with a full erase nand.
                Then I flashed entire ROM erasing nand with kernel 128. 135 seems to mod some hardware for battery monitoring.

What I do is turn sleep off and turn screen brightness all the way up and let it sit until 20% or until it shuts down. Then I hook it to the charger and let it charge with the screen off but in sleep. Charging while the screen is on works but it is super slow! Same holds true for my 1.8 ROM. With kernel 135 it wont even charge with the screen on and as you know wont properly charge with the screen off.
                I tried these steps and it worked for me.

I've slept since I made the ROM Kit, but I seem to think that I did include kernel 21 and 128 in the kit.

I would not recommend using kernel 135.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Yuandao N101 Finless/RileyROM 2.1

Okay you mean to flash kernel 21 first and second 128 is necessary to fix the charging problem?

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Flash the entire ROM with kernel 21...be sure to erase IDB.

Run the battery down to 20%, or until it shuts off by itself. You can turn brightness up all the way and turn off the display sleep mode to make it go faster.

Then charge the tablet all the way to 100%. Just leave it in sleep mode while charging to make it charge faster. It may take a lot longer than usual to charge the first time.

Once the tablet is fully charged, you can flash kernel 128 by unchecking everything in the flash tool except kernel...and don't erase IDB. When the tablet boots, you will have everything back to normal...hopefully!!!!!
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

CWM Help

Hello,
                      after several attempts I managed to get into recovery mode ...
                      I re-flashed only the part of the CWM, using the Finless instead of the stock recovery.

Using the application "Reboot", in fact I can now pass on the touch menu of CWM.

Unfortunately I have not managed to figure out how to get into it with the physical buttons on the tablet ...

I've tried almost all possible combinations to no avail ... someone give me a hand?

Comment

Why do you need to use the physical buttons to get into recovery?

Will your tablet not boot?
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Why do you need to use the physical buttons to get into recovery ? our tablet not boot?
                          Mine is not a real need...just to make sure i did not mess combined with my "double flash"
                          I want make a nandroid backup , but only if this is normal condition...(without flash error).

Comment

Hi

After I flashed my N101 would not boot again. And when I start it in flash mode so I can not install the drivers for it says it's a GT-I9300. Anyone have an idea what I should do? for I was able to get a working driver. So that I can falsh it again

Comment

Re: Yuandao N101 Finless/RileyROM 2.1

Originally posted by kallekorv View Post
                              Hi

After I flashed my N101 would not boot again. And when I start it in flash mode so I can not install the drivers for it says it's a GT-I9300. Anyone have an idea what I should do? for I was able to get a working driver. So that I can falsh it again
                              Be sure you have the original N101...not N101-2.

The GT-I9300 is there to spoof Google Play Store into seeing a Samsung device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Hi
                                It is an N101 2. I'm gone now, or is there any way to get the correct firmware?

Comment

Working...
                                X