X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanix TX6 TV Box - Allwinner H6 4/32GB Dual WiFi BT4.1 or 5

Tanix TX6 TV Box Allwinner H6
    4GB DDR3 + 32GB EMMC 2.4GHz + 5GHz WiFi BT4.1 or 5 Support 4K H.265

Click image for larger versionName:	20181112135631_73499.jpgViews:	1Size:	67.7 KBID:	751596

Main Features
    ● Android 7.1 operation system
    ● Allwinner H6 CPU, up to 1.5GHz, Quad core, ARM Cortex-A53
    ● Mali T720 GPU
    ● 4GB DDR3 RAM + 32GB EMMC ROM
    ● 2.4GHz + 5GHz dual band WiFi
    ● 100Mbps Ethernet
    ● Support 4K ultra HD image display
    ● Support H.265 decoding

Gearbest
    Last edited by trebor; 12-23-2018, 21:52. Reason: Error in title
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

The tx6 already has root access, a good selling point.
    The su command is in /system/bin/
    I started by installing f-droid from usb memory device then downloading terminal emulator, ghost commander, orbot tor, orfox, termux, debian kit, etc.
    In terminal emulator you can type id to get your user id then type su and try again, it shows root user status.
    The mount -o rw,remount command works for both / and /system, can be tested with the touch command.
    I installed the f-droid superuser app and set it to allow apps root acc
    ess, but the root verifier isn't getting root permission, so any advice there would be appreciated.
    Debian Kit does recognise su.
    The box is satisfactory, not tried at 100% processor usage yet, the pi 3 with the same processor needs a fan at that level.
    My reason for buying was to get a desktop gui system working with reasonable amounts of ram, I think it does this, but not sure yet exactly what route is best.

Comment

trebor official Tanix site says that this box comes with BT 5.0 not 4.1...

The TANIX TX6 is an Android TV Box running on Android 9, powered by AllWinner H6 SoC and manufactured by Tanix. TX6 is unbeatable among this range of TV Boxes. Discover the new Tanix TX6 here.

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Will confirm in a week or so,
        Info is supplied from advertisers website and often minor mistakes can appear,
        Cheers

The tx6 settings has a bluetooth section and I was able to send a file when it was on.
      f-droid has 'cpu info' app and 'android explorer'. The former shows Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE.
      In terminal, su; cd /system; find -type f -name '*blue*'
      This shows two corresponding xml files.
      I think this means it is version 5.0 but am not an expert on bluetooth.
      cpu info also shows the device is rooted.

Remote access.
      Termux seems to work well and the tsu command gives root if installed. Openssh allows the sshd server to be started on port 8022. It has to run as an ordinary termux command, not root. Openssh can be set for password login in the settings file and the passwd command sets the password. Next orbot can be set up for remote tor access, using a hidden service for port 8022 to tor port 22. I thought it neat to be able to login from a remote tablet and have su access. Will post more details if anyone is interested.

Comment

Fun keeps on rolling in here today, again thanks to Gearbest we can have a look at the
      Tanix TX6 TV Box Allwinner H6 2 x 2 MIMO USB3.0 Support 6K H.265...

Let's have a look at what we have

The Box

What's in the Box

Remove the Base: Smaller heatsink on CPU to pad may have been better, or a Large slab of Pad, may have a fiddle with this later, GAL Block Hmmm

Out with the PCB

An Exposed port View

Topside:

Other Side: All Samsung maybe good.

Gearbest
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

As we continue on with the Tanix TX6 TV Box Allwinner H6 2 x 2 MIMO USB3.0 Support 6K H.265
        Using the Alice Ui, must Fast Boot and appears very snappy.
        Very quick boot I found:

Running Android 7 which is ok, and looking ok.
        We have Upper and Lower Task Bars and Root access.

Setup of WiFi and Google account no problems.
        Installed updates and testing apps WiFi Speeds appear good.

Green LED clock on front no other info.
        So far looking Ok for the AllWinner H6
        Logitech K400 working well remote also doing the Job

Let's have a look run some test and see how this device performs...for the price at present should be ok

Should be able to to most Android type things, plenty of chat about what Video formats etc it can and can't do
        May have a tinker if time Permits

Alice UI, Information, Installed apps

Task and Notification etc

Root Access:

DRM: L3

WiFi:

Geekbench:

SD Card Test:

AIDA64 USB Info:

CPU-Z

Antutu

No 3D Test

As With GFXBench it ran N/A

Gearbest
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Firmware Tanix TX6 (19.12.2018) fixed a problem with one of the ZIP files not showing at Google Drive from 14.12.2018

Download

Changelog:
          1. Fixed digital led flash problem after standby.
          2. Boosted the speed to turn off digital led when into standby.
          3. Disabled status bar to remove flood notification from youtube.
          4. Add a patch for bluetooth.

Important
          We seperate OTA version to two update .zip files, update the small one first, then rename the update_second_stage.zip to update.zip and update the full OTA. If apply the full OTA first, some box may need more time to finish upgrading.

How to update Tanix TX6 TV Box by external USB memory or TF Card?
          1. First of all, download the ZIP file.
          2. Copy the update.zip file into the ROOT folder of a FAT32 formated USB memory.
          3. Connect the USB memory to your Tanix TX6
          4. A dialog should pop-up indicating your TX6 has found an update.
          5. Follow instructions, first boot after upgrade may take some minutes.
          6. Remove your update.zip file from your USB memory, then RENAME the second ZIP file as update.zip (be careful with extensions, an update.zip.zip will not work) and repeat steps 2 to 4.

Also you can use .img file and flash it from PC using LiveSuitPack1.11 or from SD card using PhoenixCard V3.1.0 or Phoenix USB Pro v4.0.0.

Caution Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.

More info and downloads:
          https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...x6-tv-box.html
          https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry80517352
          TANIX Facebook

Comment

With this TX6 I have 90 oC during watching flash video on Chrome and I'm using 12V fan from PC with USB plug. Good cooling and silent.

Something like this:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	co.png Views:	1 Size:	66.6 KB ID:	757629
            Last edited by wilk; 01-06-2019, 10:53.

Comment

I use some 3mm flat aluminium u section on top for cooling when watching video.
              Have installed yalp store and f-droid as I don't use google or chrome. Yalp gave me linux deploy but it also needs BusyBox installing first for LD to run images properly.
              After some experimenting I got Debian installed and the androidVNC service, sshd and httpd services from LD debian running. These can be checked with terminal emulator by running su then netstat -tulpn. Android vnc can then do remote desktop to 127.0.0.1 port 5900 with user android and password available from LD. This gives a full screen linux debian and it is easy to install packages; I wanted LibreOffice writer and it works fine.
              To access flash drives add /storage to the list of Mount points in Linux Deploy in the top right settings.
              Stopping and starting the image is routine and androidVNC allows a reconnect.
              Remote desktop isn't quite as good as a direct interface but it does work and keyboard inputs go directly into command prompts etc.
              Trebor posted nice shots of the tx6 interface. My box has TX6 on the top of the case. It might be worth mentioning that holding down the left mouse button while moving the mouse pointer up from the bottom of the screen brings up the bar to switch between applications. Experimentation soon reveals when to use long left clicks, double clicks or short ones.
              I'm still enjoying this box as it has a good amount of memory and allows me to experiment with running linux and a more complete range of linux software tools.

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Good work.
                Consider writing a bit of Detailed how to for those that may not fully understand or appreciate what you have done

Be great if
              superceleron
              Would do a custom rom for this (hint I think he is don't tell)
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Looking Good Custom Rom: from you know who

Neat and clean, and no junk in the truck
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A Custom Rom can be found:

Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all! Another H6.... Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play :) ​ Many Thks to my beta testers trebor READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!! Changelog SCV1: Simple rom Cleaned it...! Added Nova launcher Fixed Google logins, give it up to 5 secs

Don't forget to support all Devs on Freaktab:

Under $40 for a 4/32 not to shabby.
                  Gearbest

treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello. I immediately had serious problems with the TV box. There is an error "Process system isn't responding", nothing can be done, everything hangs, and only disconnects from the outlet helps. I reset the factory settings several times, but it does not helps. I installed all the firmware that is (2018.12.14) (2018.12.19) (2018.12.22), but this does not helps. This happens on any firmware and can be with any application. At first, the application does not respond, and then the process system isn't responding. Helps me please!
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael1212 View Post
                      Hello. I immediately had serious problems with the TV box. There is an error "Process system isn't responding", nothing can be done, everything hangs, and only disconnects from the outlet helps. I reset the factory settings several times, but it does not helps. I installed all the firmware that is (2018.12.14) (2018.12.19) (2018.12.22), but this does not helps. This happens on any firmware and can be with any application. At first, the application does not respond, and then the process system isn't responding. Helps me please!
                      I have seen the issue here:
                      So, i think we need to report to the devs that the v.1.0.36 version of the firmware DOES NOT fix the Google Services problem, instead it makes it...

it also incl a possible fix

Note..
                      On my device I see the error only at boot... Google play unresponsive ( I click it away.. )
                      Some browser apps... if I long click left mouse button ( I click it away.. )

Cheers

Comment

Found over at CNXSoft:
                        https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/02...d-9-0-firmware
                        Tanix TX6 Allwinner H6 TV Box Gets Android 9.0 Firmware

Download Link
                        Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Allwinner H6 TV Box 2T2R WiFi

The TV box ships with an IR remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a user manual. The updated Android 9.0 is combining with the existing ALICE UX launcher.

If you already own Tanix TX6, I?d assume an OTA update might do the trick, but if not, you could always download H6_9.0_4Gddr_8822bs_20190114 firmware and install it from a USB flash drive.

Nobody has reviews of Tanix TX6 with Android 9.0 Pie just yet, but reviews with Android 7.0 (here and there) are generally positive, except for the limited 10/100Mbps Ethernet, ?old? Android 7.0, Netflix limited to 480p, and YouTube to 1080p.

Via AndroidPC.es

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                        X