Customization Tool 2.0.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

The burn card maker just flashes a firmware image, so whatever recovery is in the image will get flashed.

Once you have a working Android setup then you can go forward to install TWRP etc
    I already have a stock rom with root and working twrp. The issue is I cant flash the modded rom through twrp as its an img file.

Will the current twrp flash the burn card maker image file

Comment

Originally posted by j0rdie View Post

I already have a stock rom with root and working twrp. The issue is I cant flash the modded rom through twrp as its an img file.

Will the current twrp flash the burn card maker image file
      Burn card maker is an app for your PC that you use to burn an image file to flash your box.

You will never be able to flash a .IMG file through TRWP as it is a full image, not an update as such.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Can someone help me unpack an IMG

I tried many times to unpak it, but customization tool just crashes after a minute or so of unpacking.

Here is the IMG and url to download... p201.s905.mxqpro4k.img.7z >> http://tinyurl.com/y84hbctu

When you get it open, please only remove org.xbmc.kodi.zip (423 MB) from \system\_preinstall and then repack it.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by qq3y6 View Post
          Can someone help me unpack an IMG

I tried many times to unpak it, but customization tool just crashes after a minute or so of unpacking.

Here is the IMG and url to download... p201.s905.mxqpro4k.img.7z >> http://tinyurl.com/y84hbctu

When you get it open, please only remove org.xbmc.kodi.zip (423 MB) from \system\_preinstall and then repack it.

Thank you for your help.
          Your image file is too big at 1.3Gb and that it why the Customisation tool is crashing when you try to unpack every element.

Anything over around 1.1Gb is highly likely to have issues in the tool.

How did you come across it in the first place?

Did you create it?

Comment

Thanks for your help.

I downloaded it from chinagadgetsreviews

Your image file is too big at 1.3Gb and that it why the Customisation tool is crashing when you try to unpack every element.

Anything over around 1.1Gb is highly likely to have issues in the tool.

How did you come across it in the first place?

Did you create it?

Comment

It will probably need extracting by another method, the ones that devs use.

I have tried many combination of options in the customisation tool but it always crashes when extracting the system partition.

Comment

well thank you for your help. i appreciate you trying.

It will probably need extracting by another method, the ones that devs use.

I have tried many combination of options in the customisation tool but it always crashes when extracting the system partition.

Comment

Burn card maker is an app for your PC that you use to burn an image file to flash your box.

You will never be able to flash a .IMG file through TRWP as it is a full image, not an update as such.

It worked using the Burn Card Maker Tool. Merged the 2 files using the customisation tool

Comment

Can easy just switch from zip to img install in Trwp. Flashed many img in it before that why it good to have.
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      Can easy just switch from zip to img install in Trwp. Flashed many img in it before that why it good to have.
                      Is this a recent TWRP feature to be able to flash .IMG files?

Wasn't something I was aware of.

Comment

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.droidv...-twrp-2-8-4-0/

Gives option to switch from zip to img files now. Been like that for a bit.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I realize it's been a while since you posted this. I have been trying to make changes to an amlogic img (Nougat) Every time i make changes the aml_list_link file almost doubles in size. The original amlogic img file is 888mb. If i make changes and pack it on a windows pc i get 903mb. If i make the same changes in ubuntu using wine i get 887mb. in either case once i flash the img using the usb burn tool the box just sits on the logo screen and never finishes booting.

I would like to figure out what you are doing different to get your images to work properly.

1. My first questions are what version of ubuntu linux are you using? (i use 16.04 desktop)

2. What version of the Amlogic Customization Tool are you using?

3. What version of wine are you using? (i believe i'm using 2.04 , but there is a newer version)

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
                          I might have found a solution, I don't know if I've just been lucky or if it's a real fix. It looks like it's related to the aml_link_list file, and restoring the original one before each packing worked for me so far.

I made a backup of the aml_list_link file of the original ROM and before each packing I run a tiny script which deletes the one in /tmp/level2/system and puts the original back in. It prevents it from growing at each build, and might fix the corrupt/undersized IMG bug.

Comment

It doesn't have anything to do with the aml_link_list file, you just can't use the Amlogic Customization Tool to rebuild Nougat firmware, it doesn't pack the system image properly. Currently the only way to modify Nougat firmware is in Linux (pick your flavor), but I don't know of any guides and it's too much for me to explain right now, sorry.

Originally posted by qq3y6 View Post
                            I realize it's been a while since you posted this. I have been trying to make changes to an amlogic img (Nougat) Every time i make changes the aml_list_link file almost doubles in size. The original amlogic img file is 888mb. If i make changes and pack it on a windows pc i get 903mb. If i make the same changes in ubuntu using wine i get 887mb. in either case once i flash the img using the usb burn tool the box just sits on the logo screen and never finishes booting.

I would like to figure out what you are doing different to get your images to work properly.

1. My first questions are what version of ubuntu linux are you using? (i use 16.04 desktop)

2. What version of the Amlogic Customization Tool are you using?

3. What version of wine are you using? (i believe i'm using 2.04 , but there is a newer version)

Comment

ok that's a good start.

Can someone point me towards a how to or tutorial for editing Amlogic Nougat IMG in linux please?

Thank you.

Originally posted by atvbca View Post
                              It doesn't have anything to do with the aml_link_list file, you just can't use the Amlogic Customization Tool to rebuild Nougat firmware, it doesn't pack the system image properly. Currently the only way to modify Nougat firmware is in Linux (pick your flavor), but I don't know of any guides and it's too much for me to explain right now, sorry.

Comment

I really need to be able to unpack and repack Nougat ROMs too, do any of you have a solution ?

It's been a while but :

"1. My first questions are what version of ubuntu linux are you using? (i use 16.04 desktop)"

I reinstalled the system since then, and I don't remember, sorry =/

"2. What version of the Amlogic Customization Tool are you using?"

It was the 2.0.7 or 2.0.8

"3. What version of wine are you using? (i believe i'm using 2.04 , but there is a newer version)"

The latest version of Wine available at the time

I know that's not really helpful, sorry

edit : here is the solution http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...with-android-7
                                Last edited by natinusala; 02-08-2018, 20:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X