Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android 9 partition repack tool!

bc-tool (by @bumerc)

A small tool for repacking the main partitions system, vendor, odm and product, insert init.d, root access etc., and build an aml_upgrade_package installation image.
    You do not have to worry about the file and folder permissions, these are automatically assigned according to Android 9 source code.

- In this project make_ext4fs has been replaced by e2fsdroid and mke2fs
    Advantages over make_ext4fs - reduced sparse-image size

- This tool is intended for advanced Linux users and ROM developers
    - Installation on Ubuntu >= 18.04 64bit (VirtualBox on Windows is supported)

Project "afck" (Android Firmware Construction Kit) from @anpaza was taken over as an automated basic control for bc-tool

update *-02b
    - added bc-clean menu
    - other bug fixes
    - automatic detection of incompatibility sepolicy
    - added encrypted DTB support
    - negative partition size fix
    - added partition resize function
    - added decompile dtb function
    - added compile dtb function
    (This function is indispensable when working with faulty custom ROMs, or combine/port two different ROMs)

Integration of the bc-tool (Android 9) in afck

preparation

- clone afck-Project

Code:
    git clone https://github.com/anpaza/afck.git
    - Install dependencies

Code:
    sudo apt install android-sdk-libsparse-utils android-sdk-ext4-utils gawk
    Code:
    sudo apt install device-tree-compiler

Install

- Download bc-tool-update-pie-q-02a (beta)

bc-tool-update-pie-q-02b.tar.xz

- Extract bc-tool to afck

Code:
    tar xvJf bc-tool-update-pie-q-02b.tar.xz -C ~/afck
    - Download ingredients

Code:
    cd ~/afck/ingredients
    Code:
    ./01-get-it-all
    Code:
    cd ..
    How to use
    (Read bc-tool/readme.md file for more information)
    - List of available mod's

Code:
    make mod-help

Special thanks:
    * @a3sf6f - (Project base) for treble_vendor_image
    * @anpaza - afck (Android Firmware Construction Kit)
    * @rkhat2 - for sefcontext_compile
    * @tytso - for e2fsprogs
    Last edited by bumerc; 08-01-2021, 10:00.

Thank you for the update to this great Tool,

Have you gone through and translated all the Russian bits to English yet? Was doing some on Google translate for afck and the translator made more logical sense when translating anpaza/afck to Ukrainian then to English, versus straight Russian to English.

Cheers!

Comment

The head part for working on Android 9 is written in English and does not need translation. For a complete translation of afck itself into English, it would mean releasing the processed version on github.
      To modify afck itself, I need to contact the developer of this project. As far as possible I will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by bumerc View Post
        The head part for working on Android 9 is written in English and does not need translation. For a complete translation of afck itself into English, it would mean releasing the processed version on github.
        To modify afck itself, I need to contact the developer of this project. As far as possible I will do it.
        Thank you for continuing this necessary project.I'm interested in increasing the size for the system partition.Is it possible to increase it to 3gb?

Comment

bc-tool resolves the size of partitions from the current dtb, which is copied to the build directory during unpacking the firmware.
          You must decompile the DTB file in bc-tool/ and change the partition size in the dts file, compile dts back into dtb, whereby the output file must always be given the name "DTB". The new partition size is then automatically adopted during the next compilation

Comment

bc-tool resolves the size of partitions from the current dtb, which is copied to the build directory during unpacking the firmware.
            You must decompile the DTB file in bc-tool/ and change the partition size in the dts file, compile dts back into dtb, whereby the output file must always be given the name "DTB". The new partition size is then automatically adopted during the next compilation

It’s good that there is a way out.Although it’s difficult, thank you.I will understand.

Comment

there are ready tools that decompile and compile the dtb again, so I have not added this function. You can also perform these steps using Linux commands

Comment

I have a stop in the terminal.

For fashion lg-remote-fix required file 'ingredients/x96max-dtb.img.lzma'. Stop.

Still, the file has not been downloaded.

XAPK_Installer.apk: downloading ...FAILED

It is only for X96MAX?

Comment

this is x96max standard project android8) from afck, if you have installed bc-tool, standard project will be deactivated.
                  if you want to work with Android 8 you have to reactivate the standard project, read readme.md file in bc-tool.

the MOD's that are available in the standard project cannot be executed in amlogic project by bc-tool.
                  Amlogic project has its own MODs

Comment

I downloaded instead bc-tool-update-pie-q-02 (beta) file partition_tool_pie.7z.Then I unpacked it and moved 3 folders to a folder /afck.It odm_pie system_pie vendor_pie.

Comment

I realized so far only a standard project will do.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post
                        I downloaded instead bc-tool-update-pie-q-02 (beta) file partition_tool_pie.7z.Then I unpacked it and moved 3 folders to a folder /afck.It odm_pie system_pie vendor_pie.
                        partition_tool_pie.7z ?? this has not been adopted for afck.

Comment

I realized so far only a standard project will do.
                          please only ask the questions about Android 9 / project amlogic and bc-tool, about standard project x96max (Oreo) is not discussed in this topic.

Comment

partition_tool_pie.7z ?? this has not been adopted for afck.
                            I click on the download link bc-tool-update-pie-q-02.tar.xz.But downloading partition_tool_pie.7z .

Comment

I click on the download link bc-tool-update-pie-q-02.tar.xz.But downloading partition_tool_pie.7z .
                              sorry, my mistake, I have now added the link to the correct file, thanks for the hint

Comment

Working...
                              X