Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Product Review] Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review – Android 4.4 Kitkat + Amlogic S802-H Up to 2.0Ghz+2G RAM + 16G EMMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Product Review] Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review – Android 4.4 Kitkat + Amlogic S802-H Up to 2.0Ghz+2G RAM + 16G EMMC

After long time waiting, Minix finally release their next generation TV BOX. Model is NEO X8 and
    NEO X8-H. Both of them are base on Amlogic quad core SOC, The sample in my hand and the first bulk are all NEO X8-H, so i will review the NEO X8-H first, in order to make you read easily, the review is divided to different part, you can read the part you are interested:

Part 1 : Specification and Highlight of Neo X8-H

Part 2: Appearance Review

Part 3: Neo M1 Air Mouse review

Part 4: System Review

Part 5: Application Review

Part 6: Benchmark Review

Part 7: Game Performance Review(still need time to finish, now it’s blank)

Due to limitations of words and pictures in each thread. Read more click here: http://bit.ly/1p5Rg7g

Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Very weak performance in my opinion. Honestly being the madcatz mojo at almost same price the madcatz is definetely better device, and with pure Android AOSP, not with the crappy amlogic customizations.

Comment

The mojo is 50$ (or even € depending on where you buy) more expensive. It's also ugly as sin, has bad reviews everywhere and zero community support.

Now:

- Appearance is entirely subjective
      - The X8 might get similar reviews if it got mainstream attention
      - We don't know about community support for the X8 yet (though I tend to be optimistic)

So those points might not carry much weight.... But it's quite a bit more expensive.

If performance is the only thing you're after, the Mojo looks nice. But then again, I wouldn't buy a TV box right now if I was looking for the fastest box for some time to come. There are faster SoCs right around the corner.

Comment

Appearance is not important for me.
        Mojo has not much developer support because it doesn't need it. Last official AOSP firmware works great with everything.
        So yes, the Minix ix cheaper, but amlogic firmwares sucks a lot, as Rockchip ones, and need lots of work by communtiy members to make device usable. In my opinion is better to pay a bit more for a product that works ok out of the box. But it's just my opinion. Depending on the use even an old RK3066 is still valid.

Comment

Originally posted by skelton View Post
          In my opinion is better to pay a bit more for a product that works ok out of the box.
          But it doesn't. Granted, I only googled around a bit, but from what I'm seeing you're getting only a handful of apps in the Play Store, forcing you to root the device to enable full access. With no usable recovery, there's even a risk of bricking involved.

But again, I just searched around a bit. Maybe everything is indeed fixed by now.

Still, "paying more for a better out-of-the-box experience" seems like a pretty thin argument in that light.
          Especially since many X-8 buyers are doing exactly that: Not getting a cheaper S802 device in the hopes of a better experience in general.

But I don't want to start an argument over this
          I was just struck by "50 bucks more is a similar price" part.

I don't know the Mojo and I don't know the X-8 (yet), so there's no point in praising/bashing either one

Comment

These AMLogic boxes have a lot of bugs so far and the performance is fairly poor because of the unoptimised kernel. Hopefully the devs in here can get the boxes running properly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very weak performance in my opinion. Honestly being the madcatz mojo at almost same price the madcatz is definetely better device, and with pure Android AOSP, not with the crappy amlogic customizations.
              MADCATZ MOJO IS A TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP!
              They've made a terrible mistake by choosing the Tegra4 processor.
              We almost started the T4 project last year and we terminated it because of the poor software support from NVIDIA, basically none.
              Despite of its great benchmarking performance, the stability and software are both SHIT.
              Everyone is giving up Tegra because they screw-up every time, every time! Now only Xiaomi still use the Tegra K1 but no others!
              Last edited by MINIX; 06-04-2014, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                These AMLogic boxes have a lot of bugs so far and the performance is fairly poor because of the unoptimised kernel. Hopefully the devs in here can get the boxes running properly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                Complete BS.
                What do those other devices (A.K.A.: these Amlogic boxes) have any relationship with the X8-H except they're using the same processor and SDK?
                Get one before you make comments.

Comment

What a childish attitude you have. How old are you, buddy?

1- I am not a seller of any device. I am ROM developer. I am familar with amlogic and RK device since the days of aml m1 and RK2918. I currently develop firmwares for gaming devices. You can check here for instance:

or here:

2- The only tvbox I have right now is a minix neo x7 (sounds familiar to you?)

3- It seems the only seller here is you. But with an attitude like that, it will be difficult to you to get some customers.

So, as you can see, you cannot be more mistaken about me, buddy.

Comment

What a childish attitude you have. How old are you, buddy?

1- I am not a seller of any device. I am ROM developer. I am familar with amlogic and RK device since the days of aml m1 and RK2918. I currently develop firmwares for gaming devices. You can check here for instance:

or here:

2- The only tvbox I have right now is a minix neo x7 (sounds familiar to you?)

3- It seems the only seller here is you. But with an attitude like that, it will be difficult to you to get some customers.

So, as you can see, you cannot be more mistaken about me, buddy.
                    You're the childish one as you are making comments without even touching a device.
                    You know nothing about it yet you're making comments as if you have already got it.
                    I got three T4 devices - MOJO, Shield and Funbox, only Shield looks better because they have updated many many times. MOJO is worse and the worst is Funbox, it's a complete tragedy.
                    You could say T4 make a good gaming device, but as a media player which people care about multi-format video decoding and audio such as multi-channel? T4 is a crap.
                    Or you think X7 = X8-H? M1 = M8? or 2918 = 3288? Interesting, a good ROM developer doesn't speak like you, all good ROM developers I know are very neutral towards different platforms and are curious to tryout anything new, with an open-mind.
                    - I'm not your buddy.- Don't call me buddy. And, I don't sell things, I make things, sorry.

Comment

I have tested a MOJO and other tegra devices and have a very different opinion like you.

You should be more polite in your answers, really, your attitude is really harsh to understand.

I have not said that X7 is the same as x8-H, I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

I am neutral, as I have said, I have worked in devices with different SoC, and yes, I think Amlogic and Rockchip have not good developers and depend on the community. I am not saying anything new here.

And yes, I have mini x7 and was hoping to buy a x8-H, but seeing the people MINIX have hired to sell their products, I think I will pass.

good luck with your product.

Comment

Hey guys,
                        Can you calm down your nerves and talk like adults? Please.
                        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I have tested a MOJO and other tegra devices and have a very different opinion like you.

You should be more polite in your answers, really, your attitude is really harsh to understand.

I have not said that X7 is the same as x8-H, I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

I am neutral, as I have said, I have worked in devices with different SoC, and yes, I think Amlogic and Rockchip have not good developers and depend on the community. I am not saying anything new here.

And yes, I have mini x7 and was hoping to buy a x8-H, but seeing the people MINIX have hired to sell their products, I think I will pass.

good luck with your product.
                          Can anyone one here be ruder than you by the first replying to a review like you did?
                          Saying things that are completely unrelated? MOJO? Who cares about MOJO here?
                          Respect others first if you want others to respect you.
                          Everyone should buy T4 if performance means everything, but in reality? All big brands are giving up T4 because it sucks.
                          We don't need your blessing.

Comment

You don't distinguish between a criticism and being rude. I just gave an opinion, if you don't like that there are other alternatives (mojo, rk3288, or whatever I don't care), then don't make a product, because anyone who makes a product will have a criticism (for good or for bad).

Criticism is good, it helps you to improve.

Daemonium, I am talking as an adult. But don't worry, it's my last post here. I don't want this ends in a never end discussion.

Comment

OK you guys, STOP THE SHIT!

One of the rules here is NO NAME CALLING and insulting others! I run a friendly place and intend to keep it that way. All this crap does is pollute posts with useless banter. I don't care who you are either. My rules apply to everyone.

I don't give a shit who started it but I am finishing it.

Keep it up and you will get a time out!

If you want to debate, do it nicely and stick to facts.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                              X