Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Product Review] Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review – Android 4.4 Kitkat + Amlogic S802-H Up to 2.0Ghz+2G RAM + 16G EMMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When's the game review part coming?

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
      yes, it has a XXL heatsink. (This is a picture from the sample, we use Samsung eMMC during mass production)
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6567[/ATTACH]

Lovely

U.FL connector

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
        a picture from the sample
        Can you tell about the PWR_MODE jumper mission?
        There is some options printed on the board upper - "Auto power on enable/disable". What it is all about?

Comment

I have already received my unit (arrived in two days from Hong Kong via DHL). It works perfectly, hasn't crashed and was worth every opinion imho. Note: it DOES have bluetooth which i don't remember seeing listed. My Moga works perfectly the Wiimote like controller that was included for the early buy works well but I also own a bluetooth kb and mouse. I actually kind of felt like I was using a regular computer this way. The box is really snappy compared to the various Android sticks I have used previously.

This is the biggest thing though.......I honestly don't feel like I really need to upgrade the rom on this box. Everything has been working perfectly (as stated above). I highly, highly recommend this box.

Comment

Originally posted by pmerritt View Post
            I have already received my unit (arrived in two days from Hong Kong via DHL). It works perfectly, hasn't crashed and was worth every opinion imho. Note: it DOES have bluetooth which i don't remember seeing listed. My Moga works perfectly the Wiimote like controller that was included for the early buy works well but I also own a bluetooth kb and mouse. I actually kind of felt like I was using a regular computer this way. The box is really snappy compared to the various Android sticks I have used previously.

This is the biggest thing though.......I honestly don't feel like I really need to upgrade the rom on this box. Everything has been working perfectly (as stated above). I highly, highly recommend this box.
            Do you have Netflix? If so, can you give us your evaluation.
            Thanks
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I have Netflix and it works beautifully well.

Comment

Beautifully super hd or lower quality?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NikAmi View Post
                  Beautifully super hd or lower quality?

Is there an Android device that supports superhd? I have never heard of that.
                  But no, not super hd but it is still quite good.

Comment

OK, maybe not super hd, but I thought there were certain devices such as the nexus 7 which had access to the 1080p streams.

Comment

Originally posted by NikAmi View Post
                      OK, maybe not super hd, but I thought there were certain devices such as the nexus 7 which had access to the 1080p streams.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1402025568420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	433796
                      Picture of my television with Netflix running.

Comment

Video quality

Have you checked out any dark lighted movies or shows? I was unhappy with how dark videos were with my minix 7. I want to get the minix 8 but I need to know if this is still an issue. Thanks!

Comment

Actually I have, it really depends on the encoding, I have seen some that were ok and others that showed major macro blocks. I have the same thing happen on my 3000 dollar pc though. You can't really guarantee perfect when you ate talking about compressed video. Also, vowing distance is important. If you are took close you will see imperfections easier.

Comment

Here's a picture of a scene that has been encoded pretty well, it's dark and, as you can see, it looks pretty good. This is my Note3 taking an actual picture of my tv screen (not a screengrab)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140605_233028.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	433798

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply. That did not look too bad at all. I frequently watch shows on showbox on my mk808b and it looks pretty good but the minix 7 was too dark. I think I will have to give the 8 a try

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty1221 View Post
                                damn MINIX you are not doing a good job promoting your company!

Agressive as hell, defensive etc.

You should not take everything personal, try and act professional and keep in mind that you are the face of MINIX here. You may loose customers with this attitude.
                                Absolutely.
                                I bought my X8-H few weeks ago (it's on it's way to my home right now) because I heard about Minix caring about updates and so on but after seeing how rude this Minix representative is I regret I spent some money that it could end on his pockets. I don't want to support a company that makes good products but treat their customers in that way.

In my case the story was like this:
                                1-I sent 2 emails to minix asking them if they would release kernel sources. I didn't got any reply (I understood they might be very busy and didn't had time to send me a reply) so I decided to register on their forum.
                                2-If you check my post history in their forum you would see that in none of my posts I was disrespectful to them: http://minixforums.com/members/titooo.21565/
                                3-In some of my posts I also ask them about the kernel source but I didn't got any reply about it neither so I decided to open a thread asking them about it and this is the reply that I got: http://minixforums.com/threads/is-mi...-sources.7448/
                                4-That forced me to send this message to that minix person: http://minixforums.com/members/minix...file-post-1440

Minix, I know you are reading this.
                                I wasn't threatening anybody when I said it was mandatory to release the source code because the GPL thing. I had respect for you (I respect anyone who didn't disrespect me previously) and obviously I also respect Minix and that's why I bought an X8-H.
                                But now I feel sorry for your company for having a so bad representative that is making more bad than good. Because your attitude I will try to make sure that that the users of DN3, which is a rom I made with some friends and maybe the most known rom of Galaxy Note 2, know well about how you treat customers who have certain questions before they decide to spend money on your products.

I might change my opinion about spreading my experience with your customer service manners if you apologise. But you proved that you are not mature enough to know that when you are selling a product your customers should be treated with as much respect as possible, so I doubt you will do that.
                                Last edited by titooo7; 06-15-2014, 11:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X