Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Product Review] Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review – Android 4.4 Kitkat + Amlogic S802-H Up to 2.0Ghz+2G RAM + 16G EMMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skelton View Post
    You don't distinguish between a criticism and being rude. I just gave an opinion, if you don't like that there are other alternatives (mojo, rk3288, or whatever I don't care), then don't make a product, because anyone who makes a product will have a criticism (for good or for bad).

Criticism is good, it helps you to improve.

Daemonium, I am talking as an adult. But don't worry, it's my last post here. I don't want this ends in a never end discussion.
    How easy is it to criticize? You just need a mouth with load of sxxt.
    I could criticize a BMW whenever I want to, I could easily list out 10 problems of it but I choose appreciate it because I know the efforts they spent to make it a good car. It's all about personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      OK you guys, STOP THE SHIT!

One of the rules here is NO NAME CALLING and insulting others! I run a friendly place and intend to keep it that way. All this crap does is pollute posts with useless banter. I don't care who you are either. My rules apply to everyone.

I don't give a shit who started it but I am finishing it.

Keep it up and you will get a time out!

If you want to debate, do it nicely and stick to facts.

Bob
      No probs, it's my last post here.

Comment

Minix, don't feed the trolls. Just ignore skelton. Everyone on here knows your company produces quality products and your hardware is powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with anything out there.

Comment

damn MINIX you are not doing a good job promoting your company!

Agressive as hell, defensive etc.

You should not take everything personal, try and act professional and keep in mind that you are the face of MINIX here. You may loose customers with this attitude.

Comment

Off topic
            Originally posted by qwerty1221 View Post
            damn MINIX you are not doing a good job promoting your company!
            Indeed
            -------
            On topic.. (There some typ0's in the specs)
            The box design does zero for me.. Nor the remote

Ext antenna
            Headphone plug
            Easy to find reset
            Imei code

Thoughts,
            ARM CPU’s exceptional built-in thermal control management system protecting against any heat issues, giving customers peace of mind they can leave their device on 24/7/365
            Could men post a pic of the PCB?
            -the box does not seem to have any air vents..how did the solve the heat problem
            --
            Antutu reports no root.. I thought xbmc v13 needs root to work/play flawless?
            -where can men d/l a copy of MINIX xbmc?

Skype pic looks weird..ghosting

Can the headphone out handle (high ohm) pro/dj headgear?
            -how is the sound?
            Can the unit do Bluetooth audio to BT speakers/headphone?
            -what range
            Any build-in support for gamepads ( USB or BT )?
            Does it play ISO/3D?
            Can I access ext2/3/4 partition/media?
            Can the unit be fw-upgraded using SD?

Anyway.. It looks like a nice AIO android-box

Ps
            Where did all the space go? 16gb of space/ 4.8gb free?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
              Antutu reports no root.. I thought xbmc v13 needs root to work/play flawless?

Can the unit do Bluetooth audio to BT speakers/headphone?
              -what range

Ps
              Where did all the space go? 16gb of space/ 4.8gb free?
              XBMC does not require root... if you were going to tweak it out on the system drive, that would require root. The Minix version of XBMC is already tweaked some

BT range is going to be around 30 foot... industry standard on that but I usually find effective range ( as usual ) is less on any BT device

Space... if you are going by the example video... Some of it is used by the apps they installed to show off the device... some for the video's they showed etc. IN short... don't go by the video... lol

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                the box does not seem to have any air vents..how did the solve the heat problem
                Good question, next question
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

deleted.

Comment

Has a heatsink been fitted - MINIX any chance of some internal pics - save someone ripping their unit apart - please

Comment

We solved the heat issue with a XXL heatsink + a big piece of metal which carries away heat by conduction, we guarantee there will be no overheating problem, our prototype machines are burning in at 100% loading @ 40C for 3 weeks and still running;
                      Gamepad drivers are there;
                      It does play ISO;
                      I don't know the partition thing;
                      By OTA, or Windows tool (which is easier to use than the RK's);
                      XBMC is 13.1 MINIX edition, support real 4K and doesn't require ROOT. (Can T4 does that?)
                      Skype sucks, Microsoft limited it, try Lync, it's also by Microsoft and works 10 times better, on the same box (but it's not free, hahaha);

Comment

[Product Review] Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review – Android 4.4 Kitkat ...

Originally posted by gjs999 View Post
                        Has a heatsink been fitted - MINIX any chance of some internal pics - save someone ripping their unit apart - please
                        yes, it has a XXL heatsink. (This is a picture from the sample, we use Samsung eMMC during mass production)
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	433788
                        Last edited by MINIX; 06-05-2014, 04:58.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response - just have to wait for mine to be delivered - pity about Skype being limited as I was hoping to use this unit for that :-(

Comment

[Product Review] Minix NEO X8-H Quad Core TV BOX Review – Android 4.4 Kitkat ...

Originally posted by gjs999 View Post
                            Thanks for the fast response - just have to wait for mine to be delivered - pity about Skype being limited as I was hoping to use this unit for that :-(
                            Lync is way better , a charged edition of Skype and works out of the box, both by Microsoft, it's free for 180 days.

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
                              yes, it has a XXL heatsink. (This is a picture from the sample, we use Samsung eMMC during mass production)
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]6567[/ATTACH]

DEBUG1 DEBUG2 = UART ?
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Minix.. thanks for anwsering some of the questions and the PCB pic

About my comments..
                                The space 16 gb /free 4.8gb.. picture inside the review
                                -under need it says:
                                Total is 16GB, and system,and preinstalled apps take some storage, so everything is fine.
                                Its confusing.. (it pretty much says, you get 4.8 freespace) if you are newbie and looking at the review
                                -best to state how much free space you get.. when you get your unit delivered

Please change the skype pic.. with someone behind the webcam
                                Could you..
                                Post a compatible game-pad list.. So, users can order them with there unit

Ps.. keepup the goodwork.. erik..and thanks for making the time to post a review
                                Looking forward on the game-play follow-up

Comment

Working...
                                X