No announcement yet.

Linux for Amlogic S805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To try and do it one file. Copy it to the root FAT partition. Renamed "dtb.img". Try to start the system. If after 7-10 minutes on the screen did not appear or anything, try to use the following dtb file in the same order.

Comment

yeah, iv started with the HD18Q DTB file and that didn't work so will try the rest of them - it boots the MXQ logo then turns the box off so the screen goes to standby, will go through each DTB file - thanks for your help, will let you no how a get on

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
        To try and do it one file. Copy it to the root FAT partition. Renamed "dtb.img". Try to start the system. If after 7-10 minutes on the screen did not appear or anything, try to use the following dtb file in the same order.
        Hi,

Have tried all of the DTB files and still will not boot. Also tried using the LibreELEC dtb.img and still doesn't work.

Comment

What media have you tried to use ? You can still see the info in this fact.

Comment

What media have you tried to use ? You can still see the info in this fact.
            https://forum.armbian.com/index.php?...#comment-28596
            Yeah tried all the DTB file's that are in the folders

Comment

balbes150,

my s805 box (clone) does not have a SD card port. how can I enable multiboot using your method? can you please help me on this?

Comment

Originally posted by scottmu64 View Post

Hi Balbes.

Great work, I am now able to successfully boot into Linux, although no WiFi is detected. Keep up the good work.

I have also PM'd you regarding another matter I was wondering if you could give me some help with.

Thank you.
                Send me the dtb file with which You started version 20170119.

Comment

Originally posted by deming1444 View Post
                  balbes150,

my s805 box (clone) does not have a SD card port. how can I enable multiboot using your method? can you please help me on this?

Is there for your model firmware as a file to SD card or USB cable ? As your model executes the firmware update ?

Comment

Send me the dtb file with which You started version 20170119.
                    I originally used the dtb named 'meson8b_hd180.dtb' the MXQ S805 boards I have are HD18Q models

Comment

Is there for your model firmware as a file to SD card or USB cable ? As your model executes the firmware update ?
                      I opened my box, only USB ports available. On the board itself, S805DVB20160427 V3 is written. Which makes me wonder, how do I even flash this box?

Comment

Hello,

I need your help for a box k1 dvb-s2, I still have a black screen I can not get it to start on "Armbian_5.27_S805_Debian_jessie_3.10.33_xfce_ 2017 0324".
                        I tested all the dtb in the folder and I even recover the boot.img of my box by usb. Can someone help me.

Thank you

My boot.img https://mega.nz/#!Be5VEB7Z!C3wrTfxqz...lyjaELULYTj-NE

I use micro sd 4Go with "HDD Raw Copy Tool" for write

Comment

Hi balbes150,

This the case :

Tv box name : MXV S805 Smart Media Box ( 1gb ram and TF card , Power Button on top and Reset Button on bottom )

I had test :

Both work fine . No Bluetooth but maybe are like that or have to learn how enable???

The real thing is that I want to use Linux and I had test :

Armbian_5.27_S805_Debian_jessie_3.10.33_xfce_20170 324.img.xz

Armbian_5.27_S805_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.33_server_201 70324.img.xz

I dd the image to microSD ( Something I found , the BOOT partition have not boot flags , I added with gparted ) and do the reset start and the screen show S805 logo them ... poweroff. Begin the dtb files testing get one from folder dtb-3.10.33 paste in the main BOOT partition and renamed dtb.img . But always the same boots logo and them poweroff .

If you or someone could help me and others that have same box??

Thanks! for the codes!

Comment

Here the specific information photo and dts , Android boot-img-second attached. remove txt extension.

I still can't make it work...
                            Attached Files
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Test android firmware dts converted to dtb.img . Boot like other dtb's , shows S805 logo but different don't poweroff the box. but hdmi signal turnoff . Wait 10 min or more but nothing ...

I was reading the post here or armbian forum but cant get it work. I not have the UART knowledge or maybe too difficult soldering...

Well just updating and adding more looking for resolve!

Attached to files bootargs and libreelec fw_printenv info.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Titot; 07-24-2017, 06:47.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MXVCN.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	660022

Where is the serial pins or Uarts or similar..??

Last edited by Titot; 08-01-2017, 00:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X