• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    Module loaded ?
    how can i find out?

Comment

See the description of how you can use Arabian. The principle of use is the same for all chips S8xxx and S9xxx.

Comment

thx man! I missed this thread.. wifi seems to work now but does not seem to have any internet connection.... or there is an issue with DNS ... It cannot resolve google.com or any other websites

edit: I tried to switch to google DNS but still can't resolve the domain names

Comment

balbes150

I test the last armbian image 5.37 , activates the hdmi to dvi but image is in ugly colors not usefull.

The openlinux amlogic buildroot have kplayer some kind of cmd line accelerated player for S805 , maybe is a good idea to integrate to armbian??

Also for concept proof , I want to know why I can only boot graphical this S805 tv box with armbian and not with other rootfs like slackware-arm or other linux distros, that boot's ok but no display???

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Titot View Post
            balbes150

I test the last armbian image 5.37 , activates the hdmi to dvi but image is in ugly colors not usefull.

The openlinux amlogic buildroot have kplayer some kind of cmd line accelerated player for S805 , maybe is a good idea to integrate to armbian??

Also for concept proof , I want to know why I can only boot graphical this S805 tv box with armbian and not with other rootfs like slackware-arm or other linux distros, that boot's ok but no display???

Thanks!
            I know about kmplayer (it is used in gstplay images for s9xxx). To create a similar option under s805 - need time. Add the necessary utilities, settings, and scripts (to control the monitor) to your images. Then they will be able to display the picture on the monitor.

Comment

I know about kmplayer (it is used in gstplay images for s9xxx). To create a similar option under s805 - need time. Add the necessary utilities, settings, and scripts (to control the monitor) to your images. Then they will be able to display the picture on the monitor.
              Here its the kplayer :

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

check it , the keys controls dont work for me .....

Comment

I check the color and resolution on hdmi.sh and now works on dvi and hdmi , great!

I cant make work the bluetooth rtk_btusb . Drivers install but pair devices or configurate it ?? How ?

Comment

Hi,i have box ferguson Fbox3 tv and instaled Armbian_5.41_S805_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.108_mate_2018 0330 everything work's fine,but wifi not working.I used meson8b_m201_1G.dtb.my wifi module is bcm4339a0_ag,how to add. I try instal driver
                  sudo apt install firmware-b43-installer after reboot and still not working

I try install kodi 17.6 and also not working
                  Last edited by Tableta; 05-02-2018, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Tableta View Post
                    Hi,i have box ferguson Fbox3 tv and instaled Armbian_5.41_S805_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.108_mate_2018 0330 everything work's fine,but wifi not working.I used meson8b_m201_1G.dtb.my wifi module is bcm4339a0_ag,how to add. I try instal driver
                    sudo apt install firmware-b43-installer after reboot and still not working

I try install kodi 17.6 and also not working
                    Have you tried to run the command ?

modprobe dhd

Comment

Hi balbes150 , may you help port manjaro to MXQ OTT S805? I try run ubuntu and debian and it works only boot and i got error when try change password. But manjaro is a excellent distro arch linux based, and i want port the manjaro.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanks View Post
                        Hi balbes150 , may you help port manjaro to MXQ OTT S805? I try run ubuntu and debian and it works only boot and i got error when try change password. But manjaro is a excellent distro arch linux based, and i want port the manjaro.
                        1. Password errors are usually associated with either bad media or an incorrect character set (not in accordance with the Linux security policy).
                        2. What exactly do you want to do, a new (own) distribution ?

Comment

hello, anyaway to get this work on minix neo x6?

thanks

Comment

IMartins I'm in the same position. I own a minix x6, but i can't make it boot armbian. Have you had any luck since you posted?

Comment

Originally posted by notadrummer View Post
                              IMartins I'm in the same position. I own a minix x6, but i can't make it boot armbian. Have you had any luck since you posted?
                              No :/ cant boot openelec, libreelec, armian.
                              and my box is very laggy with latest official firmware.
                              what firm did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by IMartins View Post

No :/ cant boot openelec, libreelec, armian.
                                and my box is very laggy with latest official firmware.
                                what firm did you use?
                                Still on Marshmallow. The box was very slow with Lollipop so i went back. The box is slow in general and i haven't used it for a long time. I thought i could give it a new life with armbian and join my raspberry pis on my network. I've googled the hell out of armbian and minix x6, but seems like there is now interest for this particular box. Also, i have no UART access. Also tried Librelec but, like you, i had no luck. I know it does something because i does delete the armbian_first_run.txt, however i get nothing on screen and i can't ping the machine. I have no idea where it fails and what are the error messages. I'm also not sure if balbes150 still has the time to try and figure this out.

Comment

Working...
                                X