Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finless 1.1 ROM for the Minix X8H-PLUS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Hi Bob,

    Just installed your ROM and everything went like clockwork. Everything is running smooth and all seems good.

    I also installed SquareHome.Tablet (Launcher) which works really well on a TV.

    Thanks for your hard work

    Colin

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by renatojorge1976 View Post
      i bought a new sdcard and the system files comes in exFAT, not FAT32.
      Do i have to format it or THIS new exFAT is good also?
      It's ok, have a look at
      http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...fat-fat32.html
      I like 'HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3' (HPUSBFW)...
      Or NTFS...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

      MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

      RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

      Comment


        #48
        Hey Finless,

        first of all thank you very much for this great rom. But I have a question: How can I restore the original boot images/animations? Which files to I need to replace?

        Thank you

        Comment


          #49
          netflix audio sync

          How is your netflix running? I have a problem with audio a half second out of sync. Very annoying. I have the same problem on my lg g2. My phone is not rooted. On my pipo m6 pro netflix runs perfect. All devices running android 4.4.2 and newest version of netflix app. Any suggestions?

          Comment


            #50
            One more question before I take the plunge. Do i need the recovery .img on the SD card if I am flashing from stock firmware 002?
            Thanks

            Comment


              #51
              Hello guys, newbie here- just got the x8-h plus with current offical rom and the dealer installed stuff that I really like :-), however I want to install finless custom rom with root and was wonder I can restore (data) saved with Minix Update&Restore after installing finless rom, if yes - please can someone advise on how to

              thanks

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Sammyano View Post
                Hello guys, newbie here- just got the x8-h plus with current offical rom and the dealer installed stuff that I really like :-), however I want to install finless custom rom with root and was wonder I can restore (data) saved with Minix Update&Restore after installing finless rom, if yes - please can someone advise on how to

                thanks
                guys, please can someone help with my query above

                thanks

                Comment


                  #53
                  Hello - reading the readme.txt from the downloaded file, it states -
                  Option 1:
                  1) Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard you should have:
                  factory_update_param.aml
                  neox8plus_finless_1_0.zip

                  Do you only need to copy over the above two files as opposed to the statement "Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard " Lastly, I do need the cpu fix or TWRP_recovery.zip file?

                  thanks

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Sammyano View Post
                    Hello - reading the readme.txt from the downloaded file, it states -
                    Option 1:
                    1) Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard you should have:
                    factory_update_param.aml
                    neox8plus_finless_1_0.zip

                    Do you only need to copy over the above two files as opposed to the statement "Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard " Lastly, I do need the cpu fix or TWRP_recovery.zip file?

                    thanks
                    Put the recovery.img from the unzipped file on as well as the 2 you have written and you are good to go.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      CONFIG_DVB_CORE=m or yFinless your kernel boot.img support external dvb tuner.How combine kernel and boot.img create for x8h-plus. I compiled kernel m8boot.img but like linux boot.img. I dont find any instructions

                      Comment


                        #56
                        You will not be able to run the X8-H Plus kernel and boot on any other box other than the Plus because of the AML locked keys in NAND. This is why Minix warns of erasing keys with the flash tool or you will brick the Plus permanently!

                        Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          You will not be able to run the X8-H Plus kernel and boot on any other box other than the Plus because of the AML locked keys in NAND. This is why Minix warns of erasing keys with the flash tool or you will brick the Plus permanently!

                          Bob
                          Thanks answer me bob. Minix orginal android rom very good except external usb tuner dont support. I dont want to whole erase Nand. orginal (kernel+boot) boot.img has inside kernel. Kernel has dvb-core. Thus dont load external dvb-core and usb ko. Dont let use external dvb modules. Thus minix orginal kernel config modifiye dvb_core=y to dvb_core=m. after support external drivers. I think that may be your firmware use new kernel and support external dvb modules.
                          Tvheadend works orginal stock rom petfectly. Only need dvb modules for this rom. Thus need new kernel. Indeed minix team very easy add kernel. No need anything change only add dvb_core=m

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Hey there,

                            i got a few questions that might be stupid, but i just installed this finless rom today and are new at this so bare with me

                            1. the spoof fix, can one switch back to Minix again after installing whatever app wanted and continue to get updates? - and how can i actually see what im spoofed as right now?

                            2. how much is already on when you flash the rom?, i can see TWRP is, but im guessing the spoof is something to put on manually after, same goes for cpu fix?

                            3. what happens at next update (if there will be one), will we have to erase all again?

                            thats it for now, and btw. besides from netflix audio sync issues the rom seems really fast and clean, good work!

                            EDIT: just a curious question, is there a reason you used an older version of reboot.apk in the rom?, or is it safe to use the latest from google play?
                            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.tools.reboot

                            -Deco
                            Last edited by Deco; 01-30-2015, 08:38.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by ColinB63 View Post
                              Put the recovery.img from the unzipped file on as well as the 2 you have written and you are good to go.
                              Thanks for your comment - any idea how I can update before flashing this rom and then restore my data post flash?

                              Comment


                                #60
                                FYI:

                                For some of you Overclocker's out there, I've been testing the "NoFrills" CPU Control" and it works on this Rom. It allows you to change the low frequency setting and it sticks. I'm using the Interactive Governor, max frequency 1992 gigahertz and low frequency 1296 gigahertz with no change in temperature at 86F.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X