Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Superceleron V1.0 Custom Rom OTT MXQ (G9C)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know of a rom for a MXQ PRO 4k tv box by Leelbox ?

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
      Hi there guys and girls, my new rom for this device i have done for 1 month now, but i was been really busy so only now i could finish it!
      I'm going to try to remember everything i made to it!
      I hope you enjoy it

Changelog v1.0:
      • Build from the source.
      • Custom Kernel.
      • Proper rooted.
      • Twrp recovery. (thks abdul_pt/me)
      • Custom Kodi 16.1 RC2 Build.
      • initd.d support.
      • Debloated.
      • Xbox 360 cable and wireless support.
      • Network tweaks.
      • Permissions fixed.
      • Xposed Framework added and fully working.
      • Removed non working OTA.
      • Sleep working, full poweroff also working.
      • Google core framework updated.
      • Media reported free space fixed.
      • And other fixes i just cant remember!

Download:

Install instructions:
      • 1) Download this ROM (SC_v1.0_OTT_MXQs905.zip). DO NOT unzip it!
      • 2) Copy the zip to a SDcard. Make sure it is a good SDcard and not corrupt. If your not sure, format it FAT32.
      • 3) Make sure you do NOT have a recovery.img on SDcard that you used for something else. This ZIP is properly signed for the OTT MXQ recovery in the box now.
      • 4) Go into APPs and run the Update&Backup APP.
      • 5) On the right side under "Local Update", click the select button.
      • 6) It should open a list of ZIP files on your SDcard. Select SC_v1.0_OTT_MXQs905.zip.
      • 7) Now click the update button.
      • 8) The system will reboot into Recovery but will not show any menus.
      • 9) The green Android man will show up and update the ROM. Do not do anything until it is finished!
      • 10) The system will reboot on it's own and boot the new ROM.

1ยบ BOOT TAKES AROUND 6 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!

I use this rom for a while now and it runs fine, except for the non working ethernet/wifi due to the wrong hardware version (OTT - MXQ PRO - p200).

Is it possible to make it work in this or maybe a future Superceleron ROM.

For now I use an USB ethernet adapter so it is very workable but it would be nice to use the onboard LAN/Wifi.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I have lost my standard recovery mode (toohtpick method) due to the TeamWinRecovery that is incorporated with this ROM, I would really like to flash something else but after weeks/months searching the web I can not find a solution for my problem.

Could you (or anybody) please answer me, I would really appreciate any help from you or somebody else.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

cant help on that m8 , i only work on devices that i have!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
            cant help on that m8 , i only work on devices that i have!
            Thank you for answering my question, I will continue my search ;-)

Comment

Finally it works, this is what I did :

* First I have flashed : SC_v.1.0_OTT_MXQs905.zip from the Android "UPDATE&BACKUP / Select update".
              * Second I've flashed p200-ota-201601.zip with the TWRP from the SuperCeleron Firmware.
              * And finaly the toothpick method and the USB_Burning_Tool did connect and I've managed to flash the L-MXQPRO-KODI-0511 (https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B8lZz...xport=download).

Now the latest firmware runs fine including Wi_fi and Ethernet.
              Last edited by CannaBioD; 05-21-2016, 07:55. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by CannaBioD View Post

I use this rom for a while now and it runs fine, except for the non working ethernet/wifi due to the wrong hardware version (OTT - MXQ PRO - p200).

Is it possible to make it work in this or maybe a future Superceleron ROM.

For now I use an USB ethernet adapter so it is very workable but it would be nice to use the onboard LAN/Wifi.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.
                So I know my box is an OTT, p201. Where do I find the MXQPro info?

Comment

Hi superceleron, thank you very much for your ROMCUSTOM, I use with "BEELINK MINI MX III",

- works very well
                  - super fast
                  - remote controle = perfect
                  - LAN ETHERNET = perfect

- just wifi = does not work

It is possible, install a driver "CHIP AP6212", with a file .ZIP, in "BEELINK MINI MX III"?

Comment

no sorry don't work that way :/

Comment

Hi Superceleron, I've been using this rom for a while now and absolutely love it! I've been trying a few changes (mostly CPU freq) but I though I'd try changing the boot logo as not done it before on a 5.1 rom. I managed to change the logo.img and on first boot my logo appears, strange thing is every boot after that it comes up with your logo again.

Any ideas why is does that, is there another place other than in the logo.img the logo is held?

Comment

Hi Superceleron, can you tell me what are the files WIFI, to be included in the ROMCUSTOM.
                        And if you need to add lines in the file "build.prop".
                        I know how to compile or compile a ROM, but do not know the files to be included.
                        Thank you in advance for any answers.

Comment

syztemlord sorry that is a protection that i put in to prevent ppl ripping off my roms and tell that are their own.... so i cant tell you that!

Moulin1980 the files should be in /etc/wifi.. and of course the lib etc, is not a easy task i tell you to make it work on a different chip 99,9% of the you cant do it!
                          Last edited by superceleron; 06-07-2016, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by syztemlord View Post
                            Hi Superceleron, I've been using this rom for a while now and absolutely love it! I've been trying a few changes (mostly CPU freq) but I though I'd try changing the boot logo as not done it before on a 5.1 rom. I managed to change the logo.img and on first boot my logo appears, strange thing is every boot after that it comes up with your logo again.

Any ideas why is does that, is there another place other than in the logo.img the logo is held?
                            Serously if you dont like it then uninstall his rom. Its in the build. The build was free/fixes free/ updates again all free. Now you want his signature of his work removed? Kinda insulting in a way. Good luck changing it.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

ok, thank you anyway super celeron, I'll keep your ROM, even if the wifi does not work.
                              You did a very good job for the amlogic S905.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
                                ok, thank you anyway super celeron, I'll keep your ROM, even if the wifi does not work.
                                You did a very good job for the amlogic S905.
                                thks, more s905 roms to come in the future

Comment

Working...
                                X