Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest commented on 's reply
    The S905W is a very slow chipset, and most ODMs don't even try to drive the UI at full HD resolution because it's so bad. In my opinion, the S905W is so underpowered that it's pretty much worthless for streaming media on Android.

• Marcelo Filgueira
    replied
    Hello, i installed this rom on my Mecool M8S Pro+ with S905W, it's working but very slowly, can i do something to solve this?

Leave a comment:

• hannah
    replied
    Originally posted by apotsi View Post
    Wifi works fine with Nexus. I haven't tried with CoreELEC, since I am working with ethernet.
    Okay thanks for this answer.

Leave a comment:

• apotsi
    replied
    Originally posted by hannah View Post

Hello.. does Wifi work for your device "MECOOL M8S Pro W" ( coreelec , nexus rom etc)?

Thank you.
    Wifi works fine with Nexus. I haven't tried with CoreELEC, since I am working with ethernet.

Leave a comment:

• apotsi
    replied
    Originally posted by mrcina2102 View Post
    Hi!

I have bought Mecool M8S PRO W from gearbest and i have problems when watching IPTV. On some players picture freezes and tv box is turning off by itself. I haven't had any problems watching youtube on it. Also i can confirm that IPTV with the same built in player is working without any issues on other tv boxes with S905W processors.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you!
    Maybe it is an overheating problem. Try to have a fan directly on it. Or, if it's not under warranty, open it an the put a fan over it.

Leave a comment:

• mrcina2102
    replied
    Hi!

I have bought Mecool M8S PRO W from gearbest and i have problems when watching IPTV. On some players picture freezes and tv box is turning off by itself. I haven't had any problems watching youtube on it. Also i can confirm that IPTV with the same built in player is working without any issues on other tv boxes with S905W processors.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• mosquis
    replied
    What are the advantages of installing this Nexus ROM? Does Prime Video work? Does the Android TV version of Netflix work? Does DAZN work?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• hannah
    replied

Thanks !!!
    Hello.. does Wifi work for your device "MECOOL M8S Pro W" ( coreelec , nexus rom etc)?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• apotsi
    replied
    Originally posted by noths View Post

I answered you at the above thread at CoreELEC forum.
    Thanks !!!

Leave a comment:

• noths
    replied
    Anybody Please ? From CoreELEC forum they tell me that it might be an issue with this custom, with its u-boot environments (I don't know what is that).

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/mec...t-to-twrp/4372
    I answered you at the above thread at CoreELEC forum.

Leave a comment:

• apotsi
    replied
    I ask this here, because I have installed your version. That is the only reason.
    Anybody Please ? From CoreELEC forum they tell me that it might be an issue with this custom, with its u-boot environments (I don't know what is that).

Hi there !! My MECOOL M8S Pro W won’t boot to CoreElec. It goes straight to TWRP. I am using a USB Drive, not an SD card. I have tried both USB ports. I used the correct DTB file (gxl_p281_2g.dtb) as dtb.img. Any help please ??

Leave a comment:

• hannah
    replied
    Hello @Magendanz
    Thank you for your response.
    Since I do not have a copy of the OEM firmware, if things go pear shaped I cannot revert back.

Do you have a suggestion for me please? Is your ROM flashable via TWRP, please?
    Also does WiFi work in your ROM please?

I have tried coreelec, libreelec. alexelec but WIFI does not work. (https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/not...wifi-chip/4114)

Apologies for asking too many questions.

Kind regards

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Probably. Only VideoStrong (Mecool) uses that p21x reference design. (Amlogic uses p212 or p281.). My guess is that it's an exact clone, but you might not have Widevine L1.

I'd give it a try, but the usual caveats apply.

• hannah
    replied
    Hello,

I have this box:

I understand this CooleMe CM-MM1 is a clone of Mecool M8s pro W

Can I use this ROM please?

Pictured of the PCB Board

This is from build.prop

```
    ro.board.platform=gxl
    ro.build.product=p21x
    ro.build.description=CM-MM1-userdebug 7.1.1 NHG47L 20171106.162044.V0928
    ro.build.fingerprint=Amlogic/p21x/p21x:7.1.1/NHG47L/20171106.162044.V0928:userdebug/
    ro.build.characteristics=mbx,nosdcard
    ```

Further details of my issues are here:

Few of my posts are here:

Issue: NO wifi coreelec 9.0.1 CooleMe CM-MM1 S905W 2gb/16gb What is working: Ethernet is working fine. Wifi can see the SSIDs but cannot connect The android rom works OK with wifi This is a seller for this box: I understand this CooleMe CM-MM1 is a clone of Mecool M8s pro W Here are the details from the box via ssh: cooleme:~ # cat /etc/release Amlogic.arm-9.0.1 cooleme:~ # uname -a Linux cooleme 3.14.29 #1 SMP Wed Feb 27 00:10:49 GMT 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux cooleme:~ # cat /proc/devi...

Kind regards
    Hannah

Leave a comment:

• hannah
    replied
    Originally posted by luismtzluna View Post
    Hi.
    Will this rom work on a cooleme cm-m1 (it's a clone of the mecool m8s pro)?
    I tried to install it but it tells me that this rom is for another device.
    Thank you
    Hello...

Did you get this ROM to work in your cooleme cm-m1 box please?
    If yes then how please

Many thanks
    Hannah

Leave a comment:

Working...
X