Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mG0
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190129-170031785.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	760602

Installation on my M8S ProW is frozen for about an hour :/

I did everything according to instructions:
    I used BurnCardMaker to write M8S_PRO_W-V0928_TVStock-20180311.img on microSD card. No errors, success. Card is 100% good.
    My Mecool was updated to newest official software.
    I powered it off, inserted prepared card, powered on and nothing, judging by the progress bar it's stucked at 2% maybe!?

What should I do now? Power off and try again with M8S_PRO_W-V0928_Nano-20180311? Could it be because of too big size?

Leave a comment:

• androdium
    replied
    My Mecool M8S Pro W is running the firmware from the first post "update_M8S_PRO_W-V0928_TVStock-20180311.zip"

I also installed the BurnKey Tool when Netflix started to clamp down on these unofficial Android boxes, and all has been running well for several months.

A few days ago I was watching some YouTube videos when it threw me back to the homescreen. When I went back into YouTube, I found I was no longer signed in, and cannot sign back in to YouTube anymore.

I also can no longer load the Play Store, or Netflix, (get error code ui-800-3)

Anyone else getting this?
    Has Google/Netflix put another stop on unofficial Android boxes?

Leave a comment:

• algdu831
    replied
    NeW update
    M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213.zip
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Leave a comment:

• apotsi
    replied
    Originally posted by apotsi View Post
    Any news on Netflix problem ??? Isn't there a solution?
    Nothing about that ???

Leave a comment:

• kololoko
    replied
    Please! !!!!! Magendanz

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    I wasn't planning to, since the performance on this box is marginal at best. I'm not really a fan of the S905W and I make heavy use of Bluetooth, so I wouldn't purchase another myself. When I bought the first one, I'd been hoping to get Bluetooth working with a USB dongle...but that never panned out.

• mouayed
    replied
    Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    So, I just added a big red warning on the OP about the new incompatible M8S PRO W hardware revisions. Has anyone determined an easy way to detect if you've got the newer revision?

(For example, when Mecool changed the wireless chipset on the M8S PRO L, the new model descriptions on the back ended with "LB".)
    hi Magendanz I have one of the new m8s pro w can't install your Rom right now, i'm wondering if you are going to build one for the new hardware version ? please say you are I have the latest OEM firmware if that can help
    Last edited by mouayed; 01-22-2019, 23:00.

Leave a comment:

• kololoko
    replied

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to install TWPR in the tv box mecool m8s pro w (p21X). I tried several times and I could not. Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• apotsi
    replied
    Any news on Netflix problem ??? Isn't there a solution?

Leave a comment:

• Tiagosantos
    replied
    Happen to me too flashed the latest custom rom from this thread on this m8s pro w and doesnt boot any more can anyone give me the way to flash the OEM for this new boxes

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 5 atrav?s do Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So, I just added a big red warning on the OP about the new incompatible M8S PRO W hardware revisions. Has anyone determined an easy way to detect if you've got the newer revision?

(For example, when Mecool changed the wireless chipset on the M8S PRO L, the new model descriptions on the back ended with "LB".)

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    With this new hardware revision from Mecool, it seems the old firmware is completely incompatible. You'll need to find an OEM release built for the new hardware and flash it via USB Burning Tool. Because this device has no reset button, you'll need to open it up and short the pins on the PCB when you connect the USB cable so that it can be detected from your PC.

• xilabas
    replied
    Hi,

I ve downloaded Mecool M8s Pro W tv stock Nexus Rom and flash it as localk update via usb stick. It uploaded without any error message but once the update ends my tv box do not start. The blue led is on but there is nothing. I reset it but it did not respond. I bought my tv box from bangggood with the latest 2017 update on.

Could you please help me how to solve this issue. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• chnkzr
    replied
    thanks
    Last edited by chnkzr; 01-09-2019, 15:32.

Leave a comment:

• AkhilKumar99
    replied
    More over i installed the ota which was present in a rar from #17th page. Can anyone post the link for the latest ota of M8s pro W TV box(non atv box) installed M8s pro w ATV box version?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X