Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW - Finless 1.0 ROM for S95 Meta - Final!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Finless 1.0 ROM for S95 Meta - Final!

OK the BETA test ROM is over for porting my Finless 1.0 Telos ROM to the S95 Meta.
    Thanks to those that tested it!

This is the same 1.0 ROM as the Telos. But what is different in this vs the BETA test ROM for the Meta is:
    -Root out of the box
    -Fixed some permissions I missed in the BETA ROM.
    -Fixed init.d support as it was not working.
    -Fixed the logo's, build.prop settings for the Meta

Finally!
    I think I fixed the boot lock ups! I have not had one now in a while!

It appears to be the FOTA APKs that Tronsmart implemented!!!! They are forcing a OTA check and as you know when there is a new OTA it forces you to install it. It does not give you a choice. It appears that sometimes on boot, the FOTA APP tries to access Wifi or Ethernet before the stacks are ready. This seems to cause a lock up.
    So I removed those in my ROM since you cannot OTA from my ROM anyway...

So any donations would be nice especially if you like this ROM!

__________________________________________________ ____________

WARNING! In order to debloat and clean up this ROM I have to format /data partition and thus you will loose all your data!

You have been warned! Please backup your stuff.

This ROM is for the S95 Meta only!

This ROM is based off the S95 Meta 20160129 BETA ROM. I found this to be better and more stable kernel to work with.

Install instructions:

This is a pretty easy install but please make sure you do exactly what I list here.

1) Download this ROM (finless_1.0_S95_telos.zip). DO NOT unzip it!
    2) Copy the zip to a SDcard. Make sure it is a good SDcard and not corrupt. If your not sure, format it FAT32.
    3) Make sure you do NOT have a recovery.img on SDcard that you used for something else. This ZIP is properly signed for the Tronsmart recovery in the box now.
    4) Go into APPs and run the Update&Backup APP.
    5) On the right side under "Local Update", click the select button.
    6) It should open a list of ZIP files on your SDcard. Select finless_1.0_S95_telos.zip.
    7) Now click the update button.
    8) The system will reboot into Recovery but will not show any menus.
    Also PLEASE NOTE: The stock ROM 20160109 had a bug with the boot logo. So your screen will be black for a while. PLEASE wait for recovery to come up!
    If you wait longer than about 1 full minute, then something else is wrong. You might have to reflash a stock ROM.
    9) The green Android man will show up and update the ROM. Do not do anything until it is finished!
    10) The system will reboot on it's own and boot the new ROM.

Please note, this ROM takes longer to boot the first time than the stock ROM. The reason is it has be Deodex'ed. See below.

Enjoy!

Change Log / Features:

1) I have completely debloated this ROM! For those that want to start clean... you have a base ROM to work with!
    None- of the pre-install APPs are there either. This includes the custom VidON XBMC. You can install that yourself if you want it.

2) The ROM is Deodex'ed. I find that this makes the system faster.
    First boot after flashing takes longer but after that... It is much faster at booting!
    Watch how fast it boots up after reboots. Barely enough time to see the boot animation
    Also having a deodex'ed ROM allows ROM tool APPS to be able to do things like theming etc.

3) The Google Play Store and Google Framework have been updated to the latest as of this writing.
    When you boot and login to the Play Store, nothing will need to be updated.

4) I added back the AOSP Launcher! Now on first boot you have a choice.
    Also now in settings you will see a "HOME" item in the menu. You can use this to change the default launcher

5) For the AOSP Launcher I added some nice shortcut buttons at the bottom. One that is nice is a quick access to the Advanced Settings menu

6) Opened up some settings that were blocked for some reason.

7) I fixed the SDcard write and access issues! Not just for Media either but anything!
    I tested this as much as I could so let me know.

8) Did some small tweaking to buffers so you may see better Wifi performance.

9) This ROM is rooted fully and properly! If you want it unrooted, use my EZ Unroot ZIP.

10) Fixed the problem of background APPs closing.

11) I eliminated the top Notification Bar! This is a TV box and it was annoying!
    However, you can still pull down notifications using the mouse! So it's still there just hidden.
    Not many APPs call the "Emersion Mode" so if they do not the notification bar stays. Annoying!
    This was true even with the Mbox launcher. Example, open and APP and the notification Bar pops down.
    If you do not like this, let me know and I can provide a ZIP to put it back.

12) Added init.d script support as I do in all my ROMs.

13) I added Xbox and Game controller KO modules. These should no be supported but I did not test it as I do not have a Xbox controller.
    My game controller I have works.

14) Did some theming like wallpaper, boot logo, etc... Hope you like it.

15) Some other tweaks here and there I cannot remember them all... Nothing that big just some clean up and tweaks.

16) This will break OTA updates from Tronsmart! It has to be this way. An OTA update from them will take away much of what I have done.
    Also I do not like the way Tronsmart implemented OTA. They force the update on you instead of letting you decide. I do not like that at all.

17) Finally...... I think I fixed the boot lock ups! I have not had one now in a while!
    It appears to be the FOTA APKs that Tronsmart implemented!!!! They are forcing a OTA check and as you know when there is a new OTA it forces you to install it. It does not give you a choice. It appears that sometimes on boot, the FOTA APP tries to access Wifi or Ethernet before the stacks are ready. This seems to cause a lock up.
    So I removed those in my ROM since you cannot OTA from my ROM anyway...
    Please let me know if you have any boot up lock ups. Symptoms are mouse and keyboard appear not to work.

I hope you enjoy this ROM.... Next release I may:
    Add TWRP recovery
    Try to fix SATA reboot and sleep issues.
    Other stuff you all report as a problem.

ROM Download Link:

Remember DO NOT unzip this!

ROM -> S95 Meta - Finless ROM 1.0 (280 MB)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Bob,

I think you're right on the analysis because I tested several dozens of times this blockage problem.
    I noticed that hardly happens when connected to Ethernet as Ethenet almost instantly realized while WIFI takes some time to get going.
    For this reasons if FOTA APKs looking WIFI, it is normal that he does not find it occasionally but rarely Ethernet because it is quicker to get going.
    Anyway you put the finger on the real problem

Comment

Just installed and have done a quick test on a h.265 hevc file which was not paying well with the original rom and it now plays flawlessly. One question i haven't been able to find the answer to is out of the 8gb storage on the device it only ever shows 4.3 as total available, some people say this is because of pre installed apps etc but if you have deleted these apps why doesn't the other 3.5gb now show up? Also your rom I'd only 280mb so lollipop wouldn't take up the 3gb.

Comment

I don't expect that Finless rom has anything to do with fixing playing your file. It seems weird to me when Finless is using original rom from Tronsmart. Also if another kernel can be used, I don't expect it will anything change in multimedia support.
        In what player you tried it?
        EDIT: Forgot to thank Finless for his work!

Comment

I modified some buffers and other things related to video playback. So while it is the Tronsmart kernel, the system has been modified with tweaks I learned on KitKat.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by castrol69 View Post
            Just installed and have done a quick test on a h.265 hevc file which was not paying well with the original rom and it now plays flawlessly. One question i haven't been able to find the answer to is out of the 8gb storage on the device it only ever shows 4.3 as total available, some people say this is because of pre installed apps etc but if you have deleted these apps why doesn't the other 3.5gb now show up? Also your rom I'd only 280mb so lollipop wouldn't take up the 3gb.
            The system takes up this 3 gigs of storage. The APPs I removed only probably used maybe 200 megs.

Bob

Comment

Nice job on the rom. It is definitely snappier.
              The only issue i have seen is that it is still not compatible with hdmi 2. I have tried different hdmi cables and is not working. This seems to be the same issue with tronsmart firmware. It was working the stock firmware.

Comment

Hi bob
                Thanks for the rom work will send some beer money in pay day. Just some points on the rom.
                1. Am using a mele f10 pro remote which has a speaker and just like the Vega s89 no sound on TV unless I use sound about app to route audio to TV. Can this be fixed like it was on that box.?
                2. This I would not call a problem ,but I notice on start up the first 30 sec video image is like just under SD quality and then automatically switches to a HD quality. Seen this on kodi and YouTube.my TV is 720 60hz and box is set like wise.
                Last edited by saor11; 02-14-2016, 13:42.

Comment

Originally posted by gggg602 View Post
                  Nice job on the rom. It is definitely snappier.
                  The only issue i have seen is that it is still not compatible with hdmi 2. I have tried different hdmi cables and is not working. This seems to be the same issue with tronsmart firmware. It was working the stock firmware.

Mr. Finless, can you please tell us if hdmi2.0 works ok (UHD 10bit)? In next 2 days I am interested in buying Tronsmart S95 Meta model so I need this information.
                  Is UHD playback smooth without lag and if "browser" and "Youtube" experience is nice with this rom? Any issues you faced?

Thank you for answer.
                  Cheers from Slovenia, Ljubljana (EU).

Comment

I'm starting to see a bit of a problem with resolution, I'm currently using the meta with the original Kodi 15.2(not vidon) but have noticed on a couple of occasions the resolution defaults back to 1080p@60hz(in android settings) which in this case causes 720p shows(in kodi) to be displayed in a smaller area of the screen.
                    I can workaround the 720p video being smaller by dropping the resolution of the Meta to 720p@50hz(in android settings not kodi settings) but for some reason it's resetting to 1080p without my knowledge.
                    I should also mention I have the "auto switch to best resolution" turned off.
                    Is there any kinda debug app I can run to see if I can catch why it's going back?

Comment

Originally posted by castrol69 View Post
                      I'm starting to see a bit of a problem with resolution, I'm currently using the meta with the original Kodi 15.2(not vidon) but have noticed on a couple of occasions the resolution defaults back to 1080p@60hz(in android settings) which in this case causes 720p shows(in kodi) to be displayed in a smaller area of the screen.
                      I can workaround the 720p video being smaller by dropping the resolution of the Meta to 720p@50hz(in android settings not kodi settings) but for some reason it's resetting to 1080p without my knowledge.
                      I should also mention I have the "auto switch to best resolution" turned off.
                      Is there any kinda debug app I can run to see if I can catch why it's going back?
                      in kodi go to settings acceleration there is three codecs uncheck the first one and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post

in kodi go to settings acceleration there is three codecs uncheck the first one and you will be fine.
                        Ok I'll give that a go but I'm not sure how that would affect the Android Resolution Settings.

Comment

Hi Bob where your PayPal donation link?

Comment

Hi saor11,

I have same problème with Chrome. It don't display this link but IE yes ok

Comment

Originally posted by pmai View Post
                              Hi saor11,

I have same problème with Chrome. It don't display this link but IE yes ok

Kind of funny, before I log in it clearly display donation logo, when you log in its gone, this must a system clinch or it could be my system won't the cookies, I will try from another computer later

Comment

Working...
                              X