No announcement yet.

Alfawise S95 Amlogic S905W Android 7.1 2/16GB ROM 2.4GHz WiFi 4K 100Mbps LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfawise S95 Amlogic S905W Android 7.1 2/16GB ROM 2.4GHz WiFi 4K 100Mbps LAN

Click image for larger version

Name:	1508089427908599052.jpg
Views:	2610
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	683267

● A full-4K high-performance SoC that supports H.265 video decoding up to 4K at 30fps
    ● 2GB DDR3 + 16GB eMMC, you can download whatever you like, keep them and enjoy them
    ● It runs on the Android 7.1, which is good to use. You can connect to a world of content and entertainment at home with the box
    ● A high performance of quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU can play a wide range of games
    ● Built-in 2.4G WiFi. Support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n. A more stable signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience
    ● HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV
    ● Support DLNA / NTSC / Miracast, you can mirror video or photo from your phone
    ● YouTube, Netflix, HBO, Twitter. These network functions are no problems if you have this product

Gearbest

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today thanks to Gearbest we can have a close look at the Alfawise S95 Amlogic S905W Android 7.1 2/16GB ROM 2.4GHz WiFi 4K 100Mbps LAN

The Box

What's in the Box

The Look around

Pop the Base

A few Screws and what is this I find, Heat sink trying to escape or maybe a new type of Shadesink

Case is a 3 part system..so if heat is a problem, no Worries easy to add cross ventilation

More a bit later
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Very Nice Box so far, been at for a few hours works well nothing to worry about as yet
      Google setup easy, Log in, installed apps OK no trouble.
      Temp very good 50~ 60c (better with the heat-sink attached)
      Looking good for a 905W, We have Root, and Lower Task and Upper Notification Bars

On with the Information and Benchtesting

UI and Installed apps

Its own part setup.

Sytem Information

DRM Info L3

Ram and Storage Truth

CPU-Z: animation

Antutu

GeekBench CPU Full Info >
      http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/4752447

Geekbench Compute

A1 SD Bench

As mentioned you get that feel for certain Media players by how they start up and does what you want it to do.
      Except for Heat Sink not to shabby at all.

And for those who are into clocks

Oh and the remote that i don't use a lot appears to do as required

Hold menu button on Remote in Apps Gives Option of Uninstall, Autorun and Clean Autorun

Gearbest
      Last edited by trebor; 11-06-2017, 07:21.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The UI looks exactly like the one on Tanix TX3 mini.

Specs are identical and prices are similar..

Which one to get?

Comment

Yep, pretty much, your call
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Javimetal The packaging, the accessories and the UI of this box looks identical to Tanix TX3's. In case it's made by the same company, are the OTA updates (or whole ROMs) applicable to this one as well? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
              Javimetal The packaging, the accessories and the UI of this box looks identical to Tanix TX3's. In case it's made by the same company, are the OTA updates (or whole ROMs) applicable to this one as well? Thx.
              You just look at the label on the motherboard...

Yes, it should be compatible. But I can not confirm 100% of components are exactly same.
              Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

Comment

Javimetal Ha, you're right, missed that photo!

Comment

Good evening.

About Alfawise S95:

LAUNCHER: I'd like to use the NOVA Launcher instead of the ORANTH Launcher, but all the time the ORANTH Launcher is back to default.

4K?:
                  I was unable to run 4K videos on the S95. What video test do you recommend?

Tks...
                  Last edited by webipsum; 12-12-2017, 15:40.

Comment

Just got this box and the WiFi and Bluetooth will not turn on. It tries but seems like it's incapable. Tried Check For Update and it says it's on the latest.

Unplugged usb dongle for a remote, disconnected power put in a dongle for a different remote. I tried Factory reset. Not sure what to do now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOnyxGuy View Post
                      Just got this box and the WiFi and Bluetooth will not turn on. It tries but seems like it's incapable. Tried Check For Update and it says it's on the latest.

Unplugged usb dongle for a remote, disconnected power put in a dongle for a different remote. I tried Factory reset. Not sure what to do now.
                      Box has WIFI but no Bluetooth

Comment

I thought it might not have BT, just wondering why they left that option to turn it on. But I do need the WiFi.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOnyxGuy View Post
                          I thought it might not have BT, just wondering why they left that option to turn it on. But I do need the WiFi.
                          Mine wifi worked fine right out the box . I did find it slow so I connected it directly to the Ethernet port

Comment

Good night friends!
                            Has anyone used the firmware of the Tanix TX3 Mini on the Alfawise S95?
                            Only Android or TANIX DUAL OS EDITION: LibreELEC and Android, with 100% working fine result?
                            Awaiting.... Tks.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                              Good night friends!
                              Has anyone used the firmware of the Tanix TX3 Mini on the Alfawise S95?
                              Only Android or TANIX DUAL OS EDITION: LibreELEC and Android, with 100% working fine result?
                              Awaiting.... Tks.
                              Hi! I can confirm that p281-ota-20171228.zip of Tanix TX3 Mini flashes (via stock UPDATE APP), boots and works OK on Alfawise s95. The only thing i didn't check is Wi-Fi, but it should be OK too.
                              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Working...
                              X