No announcement yet.

Alfawise S95 Amlogic S905W Android 7.1 2/16GB ROM 2.4GHz WiFi 4K 100Mbps LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had issues when connecting an external hdd , file explorer locks up and playing movies (using various players) stutters or freezes. Movies work fine from usb pen drives . Tried both usb ports and unit is on stock rom , anyone have any ideas

Comment

Does anyone know how to increase the size of the mouse pointer. I use wireless mouse and have difficulty seeing the pointer cos its so small.
      Also a repeat question from another member, is it possible to use nova launcher with this box. It wont let me change wallpaper.

Comment

I need the original fimware of the Alfawise S95. Where can I find it ?
        Last edited by jacaba; 05-02-2018, 07:42.

Comment

Just 2 questions
          1.Can i use Nova launcher as a default launcher or i have to check it every time i opened the box?
          2. Are there OTA updates for this tv box?
          If anyone can suggest a better tv box in 40$? (MECOOL M8S Pro+ or Alfawise H96 Mini)
          Thanks in advance for your time

Comment

Hello World!
            Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2020, 17:48.

Comment

hola minha tv box alfawise s95 não da imagem e o visor da frente não liga tambêm porem a entrada que fica do lado da entrada av acende uma luz e só onde fica o botão de reset dela alguém sabe dizer por gentileza whats +5571993541480 inglês hello my tv box alfawise s95 not the picture and the front display does not turn on too but the entrance that is on the side of the entrance av lights a light and only where is the reset button of it someone knows to say for kindness facebook.com\viniciusaevedo

Comment

Plz tell me how u opened this box . Or else plz tell how to go to recovery mode i have to flash a custom ROM. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpioNoir View Post
                  the trick that I did for better wifi signal
                  Plz tell me how u opened it?

​​

Comment

Originally posted by viniciusazevedo View Post
                    hola minha tv box alfawise s95 não da imagem e o visor da frente não liga tambêm porem a entrada que fica do lado da entrada av acende uma luz e só onde fica o botão de reset dela alguém sabe dizer por gentileza whats +5571993541480 inglês hello my tv box alfawise s95 not the picture and the front display does not turn on too but the entrance that is on the side of the entrance av lights a light and only where is the reset button of it someone knows to say for kindness facebook.com\viniciusaevedo
                    Does it have a reset button anywhere inside the av hole?

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                      baruchin.
                      I installed the firmware Tanix TX3 (LibreELEC + Android firmware) (p281-ota-20180109.zip).
                      Before applying the firmware in question I backed up the Alfawise S95 using the TWRP as directed in this post: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...329#post703329.
                      It's too early to give a final opinion ...
                      LibreELEC + Kodi, running 100%.
                      Android running 100%.
                      Wifi running normal. Although, I tested quickly because I prefer to use network cable.
                      Hugs.

Note: See next post...
                      Plz tell me how to update firmware thanks

Comment

Good evening.

About Alfawise S95:

LAUNCHER: I'd like to use the NOVA Launcher instead of the ORANTH Launcher, but all the time the ORANTH Launcher is back to default.

Tks...
                        Anyone have success in changing the Launcher in this box??

Comment

Hi guys. Someone tried to put the firmware atvXperience on the Alfawise S95?

Comment

Originally posted by pajopasa View Post
                            Anyone have success in changing the Launcher in this box??
                            Are you using the original S95 firmware or the Tanix Mini firmware?

In either case, if the launcher is ORANTH, after installing the NOVA Launcher or another Launcher:

1) I installed the application:
                            System app remover (root needed)
                            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ystemapp&hl=en

2) And with it I backed up and then deleted the files:
                            Oranth_Launcher_720P.apk
                            Oranth_Launcher_720P.conf

Note: I am currently using an older version of the Apex Launcher.

:-) Sorry my English. I speak Portuguese...
                            Last edited by webipsum; 10-03-2018, 00:58.

Comment

Are you using the original S95 firmware or the Tanix Mini firmware?

In either case, if the launcher is ORANTH, after installing the NOVA Launcher or another Launcher:

1) I installed the application:
                              System app remover (root needed)
                              https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ystemapp&hl=en

2) And with it I backed up and then deleted the files:
                              Oranth_Launcher_720P.apk
                              Oranth_Launcher_720P.conf

Note: I am currently using an older version of the Apex Launcher.

:-) Sorry my English. I speak Portuguese...
                              Hi webipsum
                              Im Portuguese also.

Im using the original firmware and inst rooted, and a tried to root it but without sucess.
                              Did you get it rooted, to do that?

Or are you using the tanix firmware?

Cumps

Comment

Originally posted by pajopasa View Post
                                Did you get it rooted, to do that?
                                Or are you using the tanix firmware?
                                I did the procedure on S95 with original firmware ... did you enable the root option in the side menu?
                                Currently (for several months now) I'm using Tanux TX3 fiurmware:
                                >-> TX3Mini-ota-20171220-Tanix_Box_Com.zip
                                >-> http://www.tanix-box.com/download-vi...mage-20170829/
                                I tested other current Firmware from Tanix TX3, but the one that got working better was what I'm using.

Comment

Working...
                                X