Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TWRP] LibreELEC for S905x plus EXTRAS!! (NEW)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rootz

I had the same problem with register but i found this tutorial and after a few try i successfully sign in
    http://www.offlinemods.net/2017/09/h...on-4pdaru.html
    Thanks I still haven't been able to log in
    I managed find a file somewhere else but it was in zip format so I had to chmod the files to enable permissions, also had to tweak the Acestream user config file so suit my system too, As originally it was alot slower than AlexElec version on this thread.

Your tut for that captcha will come in handy !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you share the tweaks?

The only thing i change in conf is enlarge the memory buffer to 500mb and disable the line with #export runas...

I don't know if you know but there are a second version of Acestream 3.1.24.2 without plug-ins to load faster and new version of phyton.

If you don't register you can't download
      Mini M8S II

Comment

Sure I'll hopefully get signed up tonight (with the help of that tutorial) once I've got it and configured I'll tar with the combined autostart so users can install.

The acestream-user.conf I am using is this..
        Code:
        ################################################################################
        # acestreamengine user arguments :
        ################################################################################

#export RUNAS=daemon:nogroup

ACE_USER_ARG="--log-debug 0 \
                      --login ACESTREAM_LOGIN \
                      --password ACESTREAM_PASSW \
                      --access-token WEBUIPASSWORD \
                      --bind-all \
                      --live-cache-type memory \
                      --live-cache-size 209715200 \
                      --cache-limit 60 \
                      --cache-dir /storage/.ACEStream \                                                                        
                      --state-dir /storage/.ACEStream \ 
                      --vod-drop-max-age 120 \
                      --live-buffer 30 \
                      --vod-buffer 10 \
                      --max-connections 500 \
                      --max-peers 100 \
                      --max-peers-limit 100 \
                      --max-upload-slots 10 \
                      --download-limit 0 \
                      --upload-limit 0 \
                      --stats-report-interval 2 \
                      --slots-manager-use-cpu-limit 1 \
                      --core-dlr-periodic-check-interval 5 \
                      --check-live-pos-interval 5 \
                      --refill-buffer-interval 1 \
                      --core-skip-have-before-playback-pos 1 \
                      --webrtc-allow-outgoing-connections 1"
        Really all that's changed from the default is conf. Is the max peers as the default is set at 50 and I've raised it to 100 the same as the previous in this thread. From what I gather you can improve the results by editing the playerconf.pickle to cache to a Hdd (if you have one) but I have not had time to mess about with that yet.

Comment

Ok it's similar with mine.
          The only difference is change live-cache-size 200mb to 500mb.
          I prefer cache in memory instead hdd because memory will be always faster.
          I've great results and fast loading on streams.
          Mini M8S II

Comment

AceStream 3.1.24.2 ARMv7 For malinok, Libre ~ OpenElec

Code:
            Renew all python egg's to latest available
            Remove all unusable plugins
            Mini M8S II

Comment

Originally posted by Rootz

Code:
              Thanks !! It's appreciated.

Slightly different setup to the version I got, this version works better.

Out of interest how are you starting the engine ? I know autostart is mentioned in that forum alot so edited my autostart.sh file in the .config directory to run the autostart.sh file within the acestream folder.
              Code:
              #!/bin/sh
              (
              /storage/.config/acestream/autostart.sh
              )&
              (python /storage/.updatejsond.py)&
              **** BTW the last line of the autostart.sh was existing for me it's used to check for updates as im running kzaqs LibreElec.

I'm wondering though as i only use plexus, if I should create a script in the plexus addon directory to start and stop the engine, as I don't really need it running all the time.

Anyway after an hour of trying to solve that captcha I finally managed to sign up now LOL.

Comment

autostart.sh
                Code:
                #!/bin/sh
                (
                )&
                acestream-user.conf (my tweaks on bold)
                Code:
                # acestreamengine user arguments :

[B]#export RUNAS=daemon:nogroup[/B]

ACE_USER_ARG="--log-debug 0 \
                              --login ACESTREAM_LOGIN \
                              --password ACESTREAM_PASSW \
                              --access-token WEBUIPASSWORD \
                              --bind-all \
                              --live-cache-type memory \
                [B]--live-cache-size 524288000[/B] \
                              --cache-limit 60 \
                              --cache-dir /storage/.ACEStream \                                                                        
                              --state-dir /storage/.ACEStream \
                              --vod-drop-max-age 120 \
                              --live-buffer 30 \
                              --vod-buffer 10 \
                              --max-connections 500 \
                              --max-peers 50 \
                              --max-peers-limit 100 \
                              --max-upload-slots 10 \
                              --download-limit 0 \
                              --upload-limit 0 \
                              --stats-report-interval 2 \
                              --slots-manager-use-cpu-limit 1 \
                              --core-dlr-periodic-check-interval 5 \
                              --check-live-pos-interval 5 \
                              --refill-buffer-interval 1 \
                              --core-skip-have-before-playback-pos 1 \
                              --webrtc-allow-outgoing-connections 1"

For Plexus you need to disable shutdown because Acestream have your own shutdown command every time you stop a stream.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot001.png Views:	1 Size:	544.6 KB ID:	706153[COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]
                Mini M8S II

Comment

Originally posted by Rootz View Post

Code:
                  I installed via SSH 2 days ago from your post http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...959#post696959
                  How do i install the latest after downloading the acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz ?
                  Running Libreelec Krypton on s905.
                  Not sure of the steps in installing this.
                  Thanks.

Comment

IMHO one of the ways is to upload this 3.24 acestream tgz zip file to www, and then change a link in above post you already quoted for installation of 3.19 version.

Maybe even try with this one above, but i doubt cause you have to click few more links to start download. So it will not do that automaticly.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe
                      IMHO one of the ways is to upload this 3.24 acestream tgz zip file to www, and then change a link in above post you already quoted for installation of 3.19 version.

Maybe even try with this one above, but i doubt cause you have to click few more links to start download. So it will not do that automaticly.
                      You could create a Tarball with multiple directories like pinguy did but the trouble is it will overwrite any autostart file rather than adding to it, if the user already had a autostart file like i did, this method can be pain in the bum.

Comment

First you need to uninstall all old versions.

Code:
                        ssh -l root "LibreELEC IP" or using Putty
                        Password: libreelec
                        cd /storage/.config
                        curl -LO link of file or download the file previous and put in directory
                        tar -xzf acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
                        rm -f acestream_3.1.24.2_ARMv7.tar.gz
                        create autostart.sh in /storage/.config/
                        Code:
                        #!/bin/sh
                        (
                        )&
                        Reboot

Troubleshooting
                        Code:
                        If AceStream engine dont start, edit acestream-user.conf and mark with a hashtag the line "export RUNAS=daemon:nogroup"
                        #export RUNAS=daemon:nogroup

After you a stream if acestream dont start disable shutdown on plexus
                        Mini M8S II

Comment

How to uninstall old version?

Previous version works fine for me, and acestream autostarts by default. There is no need for this autostart editing.

Is this 3.24 version quicker, or better in any view ?

Comment

Originally posted by Axe
                            How to uninstall old version?

Previous version works fine for me, and acestream autostarts by default. There is no need for this autostart editing.

Is this 3.24 version quicker, or better in any view ?
                            Acestream kind of idles/runs as a service in the background, your right the actual engine automatically starts and stops when Acestream file is played/stopped.

The autostart file is used here, as in it was in pinguys version, to start the service.
                            If it's not running when you play a Acestream file it will return a message telling you you have no Acestream client installed.

So you need to idle the client somehow, how is up to you, you can either edit the autostart or execute it in bash if you prefer.

editing the autostart file is easiest and we mention it needs to be changed as the scripts and file structure are different in this version to pinguy version, so the old autostart won't work !

you dont need to upgrade if you don't want to.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. It is not a problem to try, i can always revert or reflash sd card with fresh new libreelec.

I am asking is new version 3.24 quicker or more stable, what are an advantages ?

Comment

Originally posted by Axe
                                Thank you for the explanation. It is not a problem to try, i can always revert or reflash sd card with fresh new libreelec.

I am asking is new version 3.24 quicker or more stable, what are an advantages ?
                                You won't notice a great deal of difference in regards to download speed etc, this version tends to reflect the DL UL speed better when you bring up the OSD whilst playing a file. The old version tended to start high and drop to a steady speed, this shows a pretty constant speed.

Most of the differences are internal, the old version used a chroot (change root) file system, which needed to be specifically compiled, this version doesn't so it has the benefit of using less overheads so it is slightly quicker, (whether you notice know not) the guys over on the Russian forums have spent alot of time tweaking the scripts as well.
                                I suppose the biggest benifit is that this version is universal for arm device's, it works on my Rpi2 as well, and I expect it will work on other arm devices.

I only know bits from what I've found on various Russian forums ( through the help of Rootz post ) and by dissecting the different scripts etc but this version works better than the version I compiled myself using cheapstream.

To avoid confusion to other readers maybe we should put together a proper post or thread explaining the whole installation and removal process, as well, as I expect users will also have problems because the old engine needs to be stopped before old folder removed etc.

We could also mention where log is stored as well as how to modify the acestream_user.conf file etc ?

Comment

Working...
                                X