Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lukovsky View Post
    So, guys! I have great news for the bricked box (MINI M8S II Clone) owners
    I contacted the manufacturer of the box - Netxeon, and received firmware from the first hand. Will not tell you how i downloaded it from Baidu cloud, but it was very difficult and very long .
    Just flashed it on my box and it works!

https://mega.nz/#!aQA0gYbS!XyAmmTX9J...ncSAO1xslMAZik

P.S. Firmware updating stopped with error. Then i pulled out the USB cable and put it back. After that everything was fine.

Well done .

Btw. for baidu you can use jdownloader2, it can handle it on its own .

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRiemen View Post

This ROM is useless since it is original mini m8s ii image.

I modified this ROM from here [...] but keep in mind, that you can not awake device after shutdown or hibernate with mini m8s remote.
      Hi mate, can i ask you what you modified and how you did it ?
      I've managed to unbrick my clone with your tweaked rom but i want to learn more.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamse View Post
        Hi mate, can i ask you what you modified and how you did it ?
        I've managed to unbrick my clone with your tweaked rom but i want to learn more.
        Thanks.
        That ROM ist not 100% functional, use the original provided by Lukovsky. I replaced bootlader.partition and ddr.usb from a working image. If you are interested in modifying, try "amlogic customization tool".

Comment

Yeah i know, i have just flashed it in order to revive my bricked box.
          I then switched to the latest one you made (non AndroidTV one on post #57) but i find it laggy, not as smooth as the stock rom.

I'll try the one provided by Lukovsky later, but i wonder if the recovery is broken or not since i never managed to reboot to recovery (either get a regular reboot or black screen).
          Anyway, which "working image" was it you used to extract those files ?

I've discovered AMLogic CT last night. I tried this morning and i always get "Startup logo is invalid" and the unpack takes ages...
          How do you do to achieve your mods ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kamse View Post
            Yeah i know, i have just flashed it in order to revive my bricked box.
            I then switched to the latest one you made (non AndroidTV one on post #57) but i find it laggy, not as smooth as the stock rom.

I'll try the one provided by Lukovsky later, but i wonder if the recovery is broken or not since i never managed to reboot to recovery (either get a regular reboot or black screen).
            Anyway, which "working image" was it you used to extract those files ?

I've discovered AMLogic CT last night. I tried this morning and i always get "Startup logo is invalid" and the unpack takes ages...
            How do you do to achieve your mods ?
            Just unclick "set logo image". Unpacking will take its time. 1-3 Min?

Comment

Well I got my 2 clones, and I am happy to report they appear to be rooted properly as I was able to install supersu from Aptoide store with no problems. Adaway was able to be installed and have had no issues at all. I got them with a clean rom with no apparent crapware installed. So I am happy. Just the lack of wifi speed uuggggggg. OMG not even 1mbit when in the same room as the router. Time to do some soldering and fix these. I can't believe they ship these things with no freaking antennae at all. WTH man. This is so horrible. So please do not order these unless you are prepared to either run them wired, or want to do some soldering folks!

Comment

Hi Kuno ,

some Pictures of your Wifi Mod will be nice to see , if ready .

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

haha it's going to take some time to figure out how to do it on these boxes. I know kodiloaded did one on some boxes a year ago and I am going to try to use his as a guide. Problem is that his box had a lead already created, and this box does not, so I am not certain if I can even do it without burning out the wifi chip on these. So I need to get a really big magnifiying glass to start with and see if I can find any anchor points to use first.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post
                    So please do not order these unless you are prepared to either run them wired, or want to do some soldering folks!
                    There is an antenna, the L shaped metal thing next to the wifi chip, it even says ANT . It is not better or worse than the flexible antennas from original m8s, they all do suck. But 1mbit is really low, this could be router related. I have an wifi router right next to my MXQ pro and it has horrible speeds, no matter how i set wifi up, but it has no problem with the router from the upper floor. I modded it with an it external antenna as well, improvement is not really recognizeable.

Comment

I have tested it on 2 routers and no matter what one i have it on, it does not get much better than 1mbit. Wired I get over 95mbit. With the old original Mini M8S II I was able to get 30+ mbit on wireless no problem. This box's wireless is a pile of crap. Maybe adding some extra wire to the L bracket might make it better? Not sure, but anything is better than 1mbit.

Comment

Kuno if you have any progress with the antenna project i will be glad to have a picture and a quick guide on how we can do it. Furthermore I manage to unbrick my device following the steps mentioned above (used the Lukovsky link), however it will be awasome to have any future updates on the firmware but since there are no OTA update any suggestions on how will maintain the box with the new ones?

Comment

I asked man who gave me link to stock rom about updates. The answer was "It's a new version FW for green board MINI M8S II, currently there is no plan to update. "

Comment

the google play store does not allow me to install a number of appsand they dont show any results for example for the apex launcher. When i access the store from the browser the show the app but when i press the install buttom they say that is incompatible with my system. Any suggestions on how to change that on the stock firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post
                              Maybe adding some extra wire to the L bracket might make it better? Not sure, but anything is better than 1mbit.
                              Cables used to wifi antenna must be 50 Ohm coax-cables and they should be as short as possible.

Originally posted by ronin 4 View Post
                              the google play store does not allow me to install a number of appsand they dont show any results for example for the apex launcher. When i access the store from the browser the show the app but when i press the install buttom they say that is incompatible with my system. Any suggestions on how to change that on the stock firmware?
                              You will have to edit the build.prop. Set ro.product.device=Samsung, ro.product.model=Samsung, ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung, or any other popular devices.
                              Last edited by KyleRiemen; 08-11-2017, 15:27.

Comment

I just did what you recon but with no results
                                I used the buildprop app

Comment

Working...
                                X