Bricked "Mini M8S II" (Clone?) - Looking for help with NAND-pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I suspect that the RAM and eMMC are under that metal plate or whatever it is.

Correction, the eMMC is the Foresee ncembsf9-166
    Yes EMMC is the Foresee NCEMBSF9-16G
    RAM is Micron 6KB77 D9TBK

Comment

Yes kinda new that
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

viralbug, just out of curiosity, where and when did you buy your box?

Originally posted by kevin1341 View Post
        Hi mate, Try these pins to reset.

Thank you goes to the original poster of this photo.
        Hope this helps.
        I am using xanny's first final rom and it works great.
        The only thing is red led is on and blue is off.
        No problem for me.
        I just noted that your wifi chip might be different.
        Cheers
        Kevin
        Had seen that photo but I was off by one pin.
        But thanks, I looked harder and I managed to reflash the almost working "MXQ PRO" rom I found... somewhere and replace it with LibreElec.

Comment

So wifi /bluetooth work on that rom? I think maybe 8189 might be close.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Nope, no wifi, only Ethernet.

Comment

Originally posted by Deway View Post
              viralbug, just out of curiosity, where and when did you buy your box?

Had seen that photo but I was off by one pin.
              But thanks, I looked harder and I managed to reflash the almost working "MXQ PRO" rom I found... somewhere and replace it with LibreElec.
              I got the 2GB+16GB version from gearbest (link) and received it just 3 days back. I thought I was buying the real Mini M8S II and not a clone. It appears I may have been wrong.
              Also sadly, that firmware isn't flashing on my box. It still gives an error at 2% but takes a lot longer to give an error. Other roms give an error within couple of seconds, this takes around 30 sec. Dunno what that means though.

Comment

Have you tried super celerins atv version. And if it boits he has a wifi flash fix that might help.... At least thats 2 tries in one.... Also magn rom has lots of base wifi put into it.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                  Have you tried super celerins atv version. And if it boits he has a wifi flash fix that might help.... At least thats 2 tries in one.... Also magn rom has lots of base wifi put into it.
                  Yeah I tried both.

Comment

Originally posted by viralbug View Post

I got the 2GB+16GB version from gearbest (link) and received it just 3 days back. I thought I was buying the real Mini M8S II and not a clone. It appears I may have been wrong.
                    Also sadly, that firmware isn't flashing on my box. It still gives an error at 2% but takes a lot longer to give an error. Other roms give an error within couple of seconds, this takes around 30 sec. Dunno what that means though.
                    Same shop, same version, interesting.

I had the same issue, try another USB port/another USB burner.

Comment

I had tried using different ports but didn't work earlier. This time I tried again and almost lost hope until I reached the last USB port and behold, the MXQ Pro image flashed correctly. Ofcourse wifi and remote doesn't work but I finally have a working box now.
                      I also tried out LibreELEC and it's working great. Wifi is working, a little bit iffy maybe but pretty good for the most part. Remote doesn't work, may need to find a conf file but not too bothered about it since I use a different remote anyways.

I still wish I can get an Android rom running properly since I need the Miracast feature.

Comment

Glad you got some progress.

Well if an MXQ Pro firmware did work then the indication is that the SOC is an S905 although whenever I see a box using the MXQ scheme then I always think 'contents unknown'.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

True. There are too many MXQ variants. And I'm not sure where the image file was taken from, Deway shared it with me.
                          I do believe this box has S905X because the stock firmware was 6.0 and had HDR option in settings.

Comment

CPU-Z app can sometimes be useful to get some more basic information about the hardware but if running MM, then yes, pretty certain to not be S905.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                              Glad you got some progress.

Well if an MXQ Pro firmware did work then the indication is that the SOC is an S905 although whenever I see a box using the MXQ scheme then I always think 'contents unknown'.
                              My thought exactly but there's a sticker on the PCB that says "905x" and the MX rom is a MM rom.

Just did a cat /proc/cpuinfo and the model is not listed.
                              But if memory serves, it's a P212 MB according to the boatloader so it should be a S905x.

Comment

Next step to find a firmware with working WiFi.

Comment

Working...
                                X