No announcement yet.

Beelink GT1 MINI TV Box with Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's actually Yahoo weather that's down. API is toast.
    Quote:
    Important EOL Notice: As of Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, the weather.yahooapis.com and query.yahooapis.com for Yahoo Weather API will be retired.
    To continue using our free Yahoo Weather APIs, use https://weather-ydn-yql.media.yahoo.com/forecastrss. Contact [email protected] for credentials to onboard to this free Yahoo Weather API service.

Comment

Yeah it?s actually Yahoo api which has already been updated in Kodi?s yahoo weather plugin. Beelink just needs to update api and push an OTA.

Comment

It frustrates me how lazy and uncaring these manufacturers and resellers are that they haven't already updated their firmwares for such simple fixes (weather etc).

Comment

noob question:
          i have this box: beelink gt1 mini with radio remote controller.

i don't understand HOW can i turn ON the box.
          the remote doesn't work from switched off state.

so the only way to switch on the box is to unplug the power cord, and plug in again.

is it possible?
          really there is no way to switch on the box??????

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            These boxes don't actually turn completely off. When they're plugged in, they're actually running in the bootloader, where it's looking for the IR remote code to power on. That's also why changes to the remote code for power on are so difficult to make.

Originally posted by aklos View Post
          noob question:
          i have this box: beelink gt1 mini with radio remote controller.

i don't understand HOW can i turn ON the box.
          the remote doesn't work from switched off state.

so the only way to switch on the box is to unplug the power cord, and plug in again.

is it possible?
          really there is no way to switch on the box??????
          Of course not,I switching my Gt1 mini ON/OFF by it's own remote,may be technical issue with your device.

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by amincom View Post
            Of course not,I switching my Gt1 mini ON/OFF by it's own remote,may be technical issue with your device.

thank you for answering me.
            but your remote controller is radio (with usb adapter) or IRda?

because maybe i need an irda remote controller to power on when off, while my remote controller is a radio one(like the one in the following image)

and it doesn't work when the box is off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hD5qcpB.png
Views:	626
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	762872

Comment

It's same yours that included in box package,so it should have both IR & wireless to contact box while it off.

Comment

and by the way, I turned it off then removed dongle and used remote to turned it on without dongle that confirm it have IR radio.

Comment

ok...so the remoth has both: RADIO AND IRDA

i think that on my remote IRDA doesn't work

i have taken the irda controller of my old android box...and it works on my new gt1 mini! In facts i can turn it on when it s turned off!!

But if i remove dongle....the remote controller does not work in any state (on , off, loaded)...nothing.
                  Moreover i tried the gt1mini Remote controller to the old android box in irda mode...and NOTHING.

uff i think it is broken...any idea?

Comment

Does the weather and location feature on the main menu of the GT1 Mini work properly now with the latest firmware? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
                      Does the weather and location feature on the main menu of the GT1 Mini work properly now with the latest firmware? Thank you in advance.
                      Not for me in the previous update. Unless there was a new update recently I missed.

I know someone that was working with beelink developer about the weather and minor iptv glitches. He said the developer acted like he didn?t care much about fixing these issues. The weather bug is simple to fix also, it?s just a yahoo api update.

Comment

Thanks al8782. That's discouraging news if the developer seemingly doesn't care. I'm really having a tough time deciding for my next box if i should get another X96 Max or a GT1 Mini. Neither are perfect.

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, I chatted with a Beelink developer working on it, but that was back on Jan. 21st. Surprised that it's taken so long for a fix.

Just received my gt1-mini and am trying to problem solve an issue I have with the USB ports.

Has anybody ran into an issue where when unplugging a USB drive, the drive itself is extreamly hot? Like burning my finger hot.

​​​​​​

Comment

Hello. I have a problem with my remote control airmouse RF k03.It is not possible to turn the box off or on with this remote control.
                          Thank you.
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by alessa View Post
                            Hello. I have a problem with my remote control airmouse RF k03.It is not possible to turn the box off or on with this remote control.
                            Thank you.
                            Power on/off only with the stock remote

Comment

Working...
                            X