This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
    [*]Double click home button brings up Recent Apps in Grid View.
    Could you please tell how you implemented this feature?
    I am compiling AOSP for myself and wish to know how could achieve this!

It would be very nice if you also share how-to for these other two:
    • Long Press on home button brings up Google Assistant.
    • Long Press on microphone button on remote and hold while talking into mic for Google Assistant.
    Thanks bro

Comment

• ALVATECH
      ALVATECH commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,
      If you like you can PM me and I will try to see what I can help you with.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Sorry to ask but anyone flashing this on x96 max? Any flashable file to make the clock display working? Thanks alvatech for the rom.

Comment

it's NOT working on the new T95Q that comes with stock android 9 (other users reported it's working on the old version that comes with android 8.1)

It boots to the launcher, but it's impossible to be connected to internet, ethernet cable it not detected and wifi shutdown it self some secondes after it's turned on, bluetooth is not working too.

this is common on most android 9 custom roms, internet does not work but on android 8.1 wifi work (but no ethernet and no bluetooth).

I would be happy to provide the Wifi/Ethernet/Bluetooth drivers info from the stock android 9 rom for you to integrate in your roms, and to make a flashable zip to fix this issue for current roms, just tell me how to proceed (I have root shell access on the stock android 9 rom, I also can open the box).

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
      This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes made from the original GT1-Mini

Please read the entire first post before asking questions. Thank you.

(There has been some hardware variants so please read carefully.)
      Best thing to do before flashing your box is to check which Serial Number you currently have on the bottom of your box.
      I've made 2 different ROM's for these boxes one with starting SN: 95X2 and another one for SN:B905
      (confirmed to also work with SN:B95X use SN:B905 ROM ) Please download the correct ROM for your box down below.

Changes/Mods & Tweaks Alvatech ROM:
      • This ROM is based off of Beelink's Firmware.
      • Made 2 different ROM's for the different serial numbers.
      • Removed unneeded apps that Beelink had installed.
      • Removed and cleaned up files and scripts that are no longer needed.
      • Nicer mouse cursor for easy viewing.
      • Top status bar is working.
      • Double click home button brings up Recent Apps in Grid View.
      • Long Press on home button brings up Google Assistant.
      • Long Press on microphone button on remote and hold while talking into mic for Google Assistant.
      • Two Launchers: Square Home 3 , Android One Launcher.
      • Added TV Settings in app drawer.
      • Added Extra options in TV Settings.
      • Additional Apps: X-Plore File Manager, Smart YouTube TV, Netflix, Kodi, & Power Menu
      • Added additional *kl files to support more devices.
      • Added 4K support for different YouTube versions.
      • Updated Generic.kl to use the "Enter" Key.
      • Fixed a permission grant issue.
      • Added Google Clock (can be used as a screen saver too).
      • Added Backdrop from Android TV for screen saver. You can change when to initiate it in TV Settings.
      • Updated Google Apps (Gapps)
      • TWRP Recovery 3.3.1-0
      • Added Multi Webview options under Developer options / WebView Implementation.
      • Setup Wizard so users can choose language and other options during first time initialization.
      • Added Android TV remote control.
      • Fixed some framework issues.
      • HDMI CEC Language turned off by default.
      • Alvatech Boot Logo and Boot Animation
      • New Wallpaper
      • Other system tweaks and changes, I'll update more info as I remember.

If you would like to make a donation. Please click link down below. Thank you!
      Donation Link Here

Notes:
      Please read the "Extra Tips Section" on the 2nd post for additional help.
      When box boots for the first time only, installation is still going on in the background please be patient for it to load completely.
      When you connect the box to the internet for the first time google dependencies will need to be updated, please allow for these updates to finish.

Download ROM for SN:95X2:
      GT1Mini_AT_V1.0A_9.0

Download ROM for SN:B905 or SN:B95X:
      GT1Mini_AT_V1.0A_9.0_B905

Installation Instructions:
      Recommend Using Latest Amlogic's USB Burning Tool 2.1.7.0 or later. SD Card Method can be used.

Very Important! If you use this ROM on a GTMini-A box, when flashing your box either by USB or SD-Card NEVER use the option Force Erase All only use the Normal Erase option or you will lose DRM Widevine L1.

Click needed link down below to download tool needed. There is also instructions / video how to use tool per links.
      USB Burning Tool Method: Amlogic's USB Burning Tool
      SD Card Method: Amlogic's Burn Card Maker

1ST BOOT TAKES ABOUT 5-6 MINUTES, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.
      THIS DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP IF NEEDED! USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

This is to share my work with everyone and to try to make these TV boxes more enjoyable.
      I will try my best to answer or help with any questions and or concerns as soon as I can.
      If something doesn't function properly please let me know with as much detail as possible and I will try to fix it.
      When posting for help please stay on subject, If it doesn't pertain to this ROM please search other threads for help or start a new thread.
      I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Thank you Beelink for the sample hardware.

Comment

T95q with stock android 8.1 has a different wifi chip (AP6255) to T95q with stock android 9 (RTL8822B)..

Comment

Originally posted by mojojojo67 View Post
          T95q with stock android 8.1 has a different wifi chip (AP6255) to T95q with stock android 9 (RTL8822B)..
          any idea how to install the RTL8822B drivers on a custom android 9 rom ? also do you know the names of the ETHERNET chip on T95Q with android 9 ? I would like to make a flashable zip to sold this issue for T95Q users.

Comment

Originally posted by Ft1a View Post

any idea how to install the RTL8822B drivers on a custom android 9 rom ? also do you know the names of the ETHERNET chip on T95Q with android 9 ? I would like to make a flashable zip to sold this issue for T95Q users.
            sorry, i have no idea... .

Comment

it's NOT working on the new T95Q that comes with stock android 9 (other users reported it's working on the old version that comes with android 8.1)

It boots to the launcher, but it's impossible to be connected to internet, ethernet cable it not detected and wifi shutdown it self some secondes after it's turned on, bluetooth is not working too.

this is common on most android 9 custom roms, internet does not work but on android 8.1 wifi work (but no ethernet and no bluetooth).

I would be happy to provide the Wifi/Ethernet/Bluetooth drivers info from the stock android 9 rom for you to integrate in your roms, and to make a flashable zip to fix this issue for current roms, just tell me how to proceed (I have root shell access on the stock android 9 rom, I also can open the box).

Hello,
              I don't own this box. It is hard for me to get this box working properly for the newer T95Q boxes without it physically in hand, sorry.
              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Скажите пожалуйста в этом роме рут права есть

Comment

Originally posted by ksa197722 View Post
                  Скажите пожалуйста в этом роме рут права есть
                  Please translate in English before posting so we can understand. I didn't really understand from google translator. But if you're asking about the ROM being rooted. Then yes the ROM is rooted.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

I installed the new firmware and the media player works great. Thank you Alvatech for your excellent work.

Comment

Great effort ALVATECH. Just a couple of things:
                      BUG?: The virtual keyboard appears but doesn't write anything. 
                      REQ: Is possible recover the old home launcher. I find the actuals uncomfortable to handle. (I am really waiting for the ATV versi?n :-) )

My box: GT1-Mini 9x5.

I repeat, thanks for your work!

Comment

Hello everyone,
                        I've now made an Android TV 9.0 PIE (ATV) version for this box. If you're interested please see links down below.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech

Alvatech ROM ATV 9.0:
                        [ROM] Beelink GT1-Mini ALVATECH Android TV - ATV (9.0 Pie) S905X2 Please read the entire first post before asking questions. Thank you. This is a nice clean ROM with some tweaks, GUI cleanup, Mods and some changes made from the original GT1-Mini ROM. This ROM was converted into Android TV if you're looking for a Standard

Originally posted by Activator View Post
                        I installed the new firmware and the media player works great. Thank you Alvatech for your excellent work.
                        Thank you for the positive feedback!

Originally posted by qwerty2k8 View Post
                        Great effort ALVATECH. Just a couple of things:
                        BUG?: The virtual keyboard appears but doesn't write anything.?
                        REQ: Is possible recover the old home launcher. I find the actuals uncomfortable to handle. (I am really waiting for the ATV versi?n :-) )

My box: GT1-Mini 9x5.

I repeat, thanks for your work!
                        Hello,
                        I've tested what you had mentioned and if you have a physical keyboard connected then it wants you to use that to type with. If you also have the original remote control connected too, you can use it to navigate to the letters and push in on the center of the d-pad and it will click on each letter for you. This is the way it acts on Standard Android boxes. The Standard Android ROM doesn't work like Android TV where everything can pretty much be done with a remote control and the d-pad center is enabled in the Generic.kl file. You can also hide virtual keyboard in settings if you have a physical keyboard connected too. If you like the keyboard to work like ATV then you can PM me and I will explain what you need to do to accomplish this.

As for the original Beelink launcher you can search the forum here on FreakTab. If not, you can try to pull it from the original ROM, but you should be able to find one here on the forum. They've also made it look nicer for those who like that launcher. Please ask on the appropriate thread for help for launcher if needed.
                        Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello, all, hello ALVATECH,
                          Thanks a lot for this rom, it' so nice! I flashed it on X96max 4/64Go. I used the USB tool and was forced to check the box "erase bootloader" to pass 7%.
                          Now I still have a problem : impossible to boot to recovery. Even with the boot menu, even with the button in AV port ... Is anyone knows this problem and how get the recovery reachable again ?

THX all !

Comment

Originally posted by s1der View Post
                            Hello, all, hello ALVATECH,
                            Thanks a lot for this rom, it' so nice! I flashed it on X96max 4/64Go. I used the USB tool and was forced to check the box "erase bootloader" to pass 7%.
                            Now I still have a problem : impossible to boot to recovery. Even with the boot menu, even with the button in AV port ... Is anyone knows this problem and how get the recovery reachable again ?

THX all !
                            Hello,
                            Sorry but I don't have the box your referring to which is X96Max 4/64G. This makes it difficult to work with when I don't own this box. I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do. Best thing to do is re-flash factory ROM and test as you go.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

I am running this ROM, but I\seem to be missing 2 features. 1. The Alt + Tab combination does not allow me to switch tasks. It actually does nothing. 2. There seems to be a screen saver set with a bunch of Chromecast images. How do I turn it off?

Thanks,
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X