[ROM] Tanix TX5 Plus S905X3 Android 9 Stock Firmware IMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks ath156 for the link.

i bought the Tanix TX5 Plus Deluxe Edition now on Amazon Spain for about 50 Euros. I think it is a good box.

I will see, when i am content with the function of the box, perhaps i will stay with the stock original firmware. I will report then..
    Last edited by tombraga; 12-10-2020, 06:21.

Comment

Originally posted by ALdelSol View Post

Thanks for your recommendation, now everything is working without problems
      Are there any guides on how you did this as i have the same box and also want magisk. thanks

Comment

Got the box now, very good first impression, perhaps i will stay with the firmware, will see.

The only think, my SD Maid Pro get no root rights, but the box is rooted - Root Checker and settings are showing that box is rooted.

ath156 do you think i can install Magisk on the firmware or do you think i will get problems then? Could i do it with Magisk Manager directly or should i do it with your temporarely TWRP of you HK1 Thread?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
          Got the box now, very good first impression, perhaps i will stay with the firmware, will see.

The only think, my SD Maid Pro get no root rights, but the box is rooted - Root Checker and settings are showing that box is rooted.

ath156 do you think i can install Magisk on the firmware or do you think i will get problems then? Could i do it with Magisk Manager directly or should i do it with your temporarely TWRP of you HK1 Thread?
          tombraga
          As you can see from this post https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...492#post816492 somebody already did it for your box, but in recovery mode. This means that you have magisk but in order to use it you have to make an extra reboot to the "new recovery" (that is magisk). So practically this means that you have to boot your box twice to have magisk !!
          From the same user you have the information that he tried to install magisk to boot.img but this was impossible (I have to suppose that he tried in the proper way, as he at least manged to install it in recovery mode). This is not unusual for stock firmwares, on the contrary it is the the most common case.

Your last option is to try my custom firmware, which you know so well. According to what I know my custom firmware is the only one in Android 9 which has preinstalled Magisk (and TWRP).
          But when using firmware from another box you may have the following cases:
          1. Everything to function properly
          2. To boot correctly but have some problems (not working the original remote control OR no wifi/bt OR no screen display etc). Some of them may be fixed easily some otthers not.
          3. Not to boot at all or have continous bootloops (soft brick - just reinstalling the stock rom fixes the problem)
          4. To get a complete brick (in this case we need to know the 2 pins to short and revive our box in any case).
          As we must always be prepared for the worst case (4), try this only if you know the 2 "magic" pins

Comment

ok thanks

i think i will wait now. The box is working fine until now, even SD Maid pro is working, the cleaning part. Only the part where i can deactivate the automatic start up of the apps, but ok, i can live this , thanks again.

my question was also, if it is possible to install magisk directly with the magisk manager without using temprare TWRP or firmware recovery...???

Comment

i have 3 of these boxes that i just got from amazon.ca they fire up okay and setup initially. but after disconnecting power it will not connect to provided network time, they sent me file to update but did not work. any ideas??

Comment

I got more recent stock firmware from tanix support: u211 20201113, newton 20201224

Comment

Originally posted by luciferyelow View Post
                  I got more recent stock firmware from tanix support: u211 20201113, newton 20201224
                  The first link shows TX3 not TX5, the second link does not specify the build. Ill reach out to support as well to see what they provide. Do you know what android version for the new build is? Hopefully at least the latest security patches if not android 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Solace View Post

The first link shows TX3 not TX5, the second link does not specify the build. Ill reach out to support as well to see what they provide. Do you know what android version for the new build is? Hopefully at least the latest security patches if not android 11.
                    My TX5 plus has an external antenna. Both firmware from tanix work. When I burn the u211 one, the device name does show as TX5 plus, I suspect this firmware maybe based on previous firmware on TX3 QZ, but is compatible with TX5 plus. Both builds are android 9. Security patch is still 20200805. Both builds now included an Kill Apps application. The newton version is the new stock firmware when I got the box and it has some "new" HDR settings like HDR priority and adaptive HDR, but the u211 one only still has settings like HDR to SDR and SDR to HDR. I suspect the u211 one is for the previous TX5 plus models with no external antenna.
                    Last edited by luciferyelow; 01-26-2021, 17:45.

Comment

Bonjour! le quel des deux est compatible pour la TX5plus deluxe edition 4/64 gb tanix newton 20201224 Merci!Hello! which of the two is compatible for the TX5plus deluxe edition 4/64 gb tanix
                      : u211 20201113,
                      newton 20201224 Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre Rousseau View Post
                        Bonjour! le quel des deux est compatible pour la TX5plus deluxe edition 4/64 gb tanix newton 20201224 Merci!Hello! which of the two is compatible for the TX5plus deluxe edition 4/64 gb tanix
                        : u211 20201113,
                        newton 20201224 Thank you!
                        Both are compatible but I recommend the newton one personally

Comment

Thank you! The Newton to solve the network time synchronization problem Is there an update like Transpeed-H616_ which gives a simple interface and really superior performance a real success with the Tanix TX6S From passable to really super compatible and performing a real miracle. For the Tanix TX5PLUS deluxe edition

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre Rousseau View Post
                            Thank you! The Newton to solve the network time synchronization problem Is there an update like Transpeed-H616_ which gives a simple interface and really superior performance a real success with the Tanix TX6S From passable to really super compatible and performing a real miracle. For the Tanix TX5PLUS deluxe edition
                            Not that I know of. the newton firmware already works perfectly

Comment

La mise à jour, newton 20201224 a fait le travail Merci
                              non apprès test et utilisation c'est de la marde, incompatible et instable rien ne fonctionne correctement.
                              Last edited by Pierre Rousseau; 04-21-2021, 18:55.

Comment

Working...
                              X