Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool BB2 Pro(DDR4) / Vorke Z1(DDR4) SCV2-ATV (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Mecool BB2 Pro(DDR4) / Vorke Z1(DDR4) SCV2-ATV (Android TV)

Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
    Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
    Many Thks to my beta tester trebor

READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!!

Changelog V2:
    • Brand new rom.
    • Remove Google Cast since it wont work and never will and was there only wasting resources(Ram)
    • New Boot Logo, many thks to tattman65 for the great work
    • Android TV Version
    • Spoofed as MIBOX3 International
    • Leanback Launcher (it may take some minutes to show the recommendations... be patient)
    • Live Channels (if you update it, it will not show up in leanback launcher until you add a source, like usb tv dongle, hdhomerun, pluto, haystack etc..)
    • ATV Remote control
    • Voice Search
    • 2 On Screen Keyboards, Default on English language is Leanback one and on other lang's is the "normal" one... You can choose the default one in the settings.
    • Live Wallpapers, you can control it in Settings -> Display -> Daydream.
    • And All the other mambo jambo from ATV....
    • Ported the new added stuff from ugoos AM3 1.0.0 rom(Thks ugoos for the nice work) that includes:
    • - USB OTG-HOST Switcher (SC settings -> Hardware -> USB switch)
    • - Gamepad Settings (SC settings -> System -> Gamepad Settings)
    • - NTP Server setting (Date and time -> NTP Server)
    • - Fixed ext4 support
    • - Added choice of actions for sleep timer and power key on RC (Display -> Daydream -> Power key action)
    • - Added ability of disabling wake up from motions (Display -> Daydream -> Wake up from motion)
    • - Added Debug Settings (SC settings -> System -> Debug Settings)
    • - Temperature, Ram etc monitor.
    • - Samba Server
    • - Root / Unroot
    • Netflix, youtube, playstore...etc... fully working ( Youtube 4k only on 4k tv's )
    • initd.d support.
    • PS3/PS4 gamepad support ( only with cable... )
    • Fixed Xbox360 gamepad that showed power menu on dpad left, so no need to xposed fix!
    • New App that controls Brightness and contrast on the fly, and also apply's the rgb fix(not working, read bugs), cec fix and the saved brightness value on boot! IT NEEDS ROOT TO WORK.. (Many thanks to catharsys for the app )
    • Gapps updated!
    • Long Press Menu button hide/show upper/bottom bar
    • "e" Key in IR Remote brings app switcher, to kill all apps just press the menu key!
    • Updated supersu app so no need to be updated from playstore to update "su" binary. ( Read bugs section )
    • Permissions fixed.
    • Gapps Updated!
    • Kodi Brightness fix (videos...)
    • Added Xposed Framework
    • FTMC Build 24
    • Fixed auto frame switch in kodi. It only works on FTMC(included) SPMC 16.6.0, on kodi 16.1 doesn't work because is to old(misses a lot of fixes for the new S9xx devices), Kodi 17 its a it and miss this days!
    • Some other stuff i cant really remember anymore.... lol
    • DEFAULT UNROOTED
    Bugs V2:
    • Sorry due to need stock custom kernel for VP9 to work, i cant use my Kernel.. so NO PROPER RGB FIX... it uses the one from stock.
    • On 1º boot when you setup in english language the on screen keyboard may not show when you going to put you wifi password, to fix it go back and change to another language and then go right back again to english and the on screen keyboard should be working now(you need to click it): YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS ONCE AND ONLY IN ENGLISH!
    • Only update "su" if you are going to to stay at root if are not going to stay at root and you are going to be doing a lot of changes between the two dont update it! Or you will get a boot animation loop...
    • Ugoos Firefly it needs ugoos kernel so dont turn it on because it wont work...
    • Google cast dont work and removed(missing Widevine L1).
    • Possible more!
    Want to buy me a beer?Download:Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool....

1º BOOT MAY TAKE AROUND 6 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!
    Last edited by superceleron; 12-25-2022, 10:35.

you rocks m8, thank you for your hard work

Comment

Hello superceleron,

Thanks for the new version.

After install Amazon video with tvapp repo, there is a message 'unfortunately, TV app repo has stopped'.

The app link is shown, because when I click it, a new message 'unfortunately, Amazon video has stopped'.

Is it possible that u publish a 'normal' version. ATV is to much for my eyes.

Comment

One question: is it possible to install nova launher?

Comment

Originally posted by waechter.c View Post
          Hello superceleron,

After install Amazon video with tvapp repo, there is a message 'unfortunately, TV app repo has stopped'.

The app link is shown, because when I click it, a new message 'unfortunately, Amazon video has stopped'.

Is it possible that u publish a 'normal' version. ATV is to much for my eyes.
          Amazon video blocks Android TV.... and no i cant do another rom now... i need rest...................

Originally posted by alkanbw View Post
          One question: is it possible to install nova launher?
          you can, but if it works ok or if it works at all... thats another story..

Comment

Props superceleron ! Thank you for another superb release

Comment

well done!

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
              #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

I can confirm that the Rom works on a Yoka KB2 PRO.

Comment

Hello superceleron,

I can confirm its working fine on vorke z1,
                  with v1 rom i couldnt play vp9 files The World in HDR and The Redwoods from the thread of v1 but now with the new rom both videos play great.
                  Once again good job mate.

Comment

First a big thanks to superceleron for his great work one more time . Now if somebody can help me I am trying to download kodi 17.1 one and really doesn't have a browser how can I download the app ?

Comment

Ehmmm... hi guys I'm new here and I'm reading with interest 'cause I'm thinking about buying a mecool bb2 pro. btw, WHAT IS FTMC?? some kind of kodi alternative build?? thanx all the best to you

Comment

Hello plus, Welcome to Freaktab. FTMC is a Kodi derivative made by Freaktab developer Superceleron. See here.

Comment

Originally posted by riomaz View Post
                          I am trying to download kodi 17.1 one and really doesn't have a browser how can I download the app ?
                          Go into the TVApp Repo and download Chrome. For me the Main Icon does not work. I have to go into Sideload Launcher to start Chrome correctly.
                          Now you can download the newest Kodi, but before you can successfully install it you have first to uninstall the FTMC App.

To be honest, I prefer the normal Android apps like Play Store and Youtube. But I will keep this Rom first because the original firmware currently has some annoying bugs.

Comment

Thanks for your ROM, but I prefer ordinary Android apps (such as Play Store), the theme application due to the sub-TV and the general, can switch using the remote control TV, the general mouse, I try to install the general Play store failed, have to install 1 mobile store solution, look forward to the next better rom, tv Play store,but can be used app too little.
                            I'm sorry, my English is bad, I'm from Taiwan

Comment

Originally posted by Sandbox View Post

Go into the TVApp Repo and download Chrome. For me the Main Icon does not work. I have to go into Sideload Launcher to start Chrome correctly.
                              Now you can download the newest Kodi, but before you can successfully install it you have first to uninstall the FTMC App.

To be honest, I prefer the normal Android apps like Play Store and Youtube. But I will keep this Rom first because the original firmware currently has some annoying bugs.
                              Thank you for your response . Yes I found it I already install chrome but for me the main icon is working I can start chrome from the home screen and I don't have to go to the side load launcher .

Comment

Working...
                              X