This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I have swapped firmware's on my King PRO 3 or 4 times..... The last time, it connected the first time..... One of the times, it took me several tries. I have a home made male to male USB cable, and a store purchased cable........USB2.0 Extension Cable Male To Male USB Adapter Blue Anti-Interference https://www.gearbest.com/cables-conn...ml?wid=1433363

For whatever reason, my purchased cable does NOT work sometimes, and I use my home made cable. The last time I swapped firmware's ( 2 or 3 days ago), I used my home made cable.....

I'm using a crappy cable that came with an equally crappy laptop cooler. The same one I have been using for about 4 years. I'm thinking it's the box. Is there something that you're holding in? I'm just opening up the USB tool, getting the file loaded, plugging in the power, then the USB cable. USB tool shows device, I don't click anything but start. It goes 5 seconds, then fails, every, single, time.

Comment

For a test, just now, I used my homemade USB male to male cable. Make sure you use the USB 3 port labeled OTG. It connected the first attempt. I started the USB Burning tool 2.1.6.8, loaded the firmware, then clicked the "start" button. I connected the power cord AND USB cable to the box at the same time. It started to burn the firmware instantly....... first try.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	OTG port.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	787118Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191027_120918.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	787119

Name:	king pro 1.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	787111

Name:	king pro 2.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	787112Click image for larger version

Name:	king pro 3.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	787113

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	787114
      Attached Files
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Make a new cable. Just find a couple of spare USB cables, the larger the outside sheathing the better. Just cut the ends of the cable off that you don't need. Strip the outside sheathing off with a wire stripper, or sharp knife. Then you will have 4 or 6 independent color coded wires. Strip the insulation off those conductors with a sharp knife. Then twist the stripped conductor wires together and put some tape on it, black to black, white to white, etc......... Since it is low voltage, you can use any kind of tape you have, if you don't have any electrical tape. You can use masking tape, scotch tape, or whatever you have handy.

It definitely sounds like you have a bad cable...
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Don_Pachuco View Post

I can't get what I assume is a pic, to open. But thanks.
          there is reset (pinhole) switch beside sd card slot ...

Comment

Well, I have to offer a combined BIG thank you to you both. I completely missed that tiny hole, and holding in that reset switch in there made all the difference.

Did everything that I did before, except held the little button switch in when plugging in power, held it in till I plugged in the same USB cable, waited until the box was recognized in 2.1.6.8, released it, hit start, and 3:56 minutes later, it was a go.

Now, I just have to figure ATV out, as I have been always using the phone/tab version. It appears to be a much different animal. Is there a tutorial for real dumbasses like myself?
            Cuz I can't figure out how to download any of my apps, and the play store won't search for anything that I type.

Comment

ATV is a little different and not all apps are available
              Install Aptoide or similar, to find the apps you may want.
              Playstore ATV is different that Normal Playstore, and you can side load apps if you have the APK..
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

That is unusual you had to use the reset button on the King Pro.

Comment

Got another question about this box...

What the heck kinda sd card does this thing supposed to take? Slot is way too big for a phone type of size, and with the adapter that would be the standard size, for like a laptop, etc, it doesn't fit right side up OR upside down. This is a weird AF box.

Comment

It does take a standard SD card. And yes it inserts upside down.

Comment

I am dual-booting this box. I am running CoreELEC on a microSD card using the SD card adapter.

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        whats version CoreELEC...have a link
                        And most unusual need to push the reset button

The new Beelink GT-King PRO uses the same CoreELEC as the non-PRO version........
                      CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.0-Generic.img.gz

I believe this is the correct device tree to use >> g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king_rev_a.dtb, if not use this one >> g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king.dtb.

Burn the ROM onto a SD card using either Rufus or Etcher. After the CoreELEC operating system is burned onto the SD card, copy the correct device tree onto the root of the SD card and rename it to "dtb.img". Remove the SD card from the card reader and insert it into your PRO box. Remove power from your box, depress the reset button (located inside the tiny hole next to the SD card slot), and keep it depress for about 15 seconds after you apply power. Your box will now have a dual OS, Android AND CoreELEC.. This method does NOT touch your Android that is running internally on your box............

Right now, I am using Minixfreak's ATV port........

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Cheers i will check it out...
                        Maybe start a thread about it might be fun...

V3 coming i just need testers . i got one need two more to test before release ... inbox me build is uploading as we speak... V3 for gt king pro then gt king then gt mini ...so need tester for pro version right now
                      Last edited by minixfreak; 10-28-2019, 17:05.

Comment

What about your normal android version? AndroidTV this the most inflexible bullshit this boxes can have. I would never buy a gtking only for tv... I have boxes half of his price doing the same job in tv viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by theholyguy View Post
                          What about your normal android version? AndroidTV this the most inflexible bullshit this boxes can have. I would never buy a gtking only for tv... I have boxes half of his price doing the same job in tv viewing.
                          Why not just use stock then from beelink for regular android ? Ricky will build optimized android builds when he has time im an atv developer hes regular android

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post

Why not just use stock then from beelink for regular android ? Ricky will build optimized android builds when he has time im an atv developer hes regular android
                            If regular Android from beelink was good I would'nt be here asking for a regular android from you or alvatech or any good developer were have over b here. unfortunately now I must use it because none of them as made the upgrade for the 906 version which solve the iptv problem. Hope Ricky works fast lol thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X